The online racing simulator
One Day to ..... !!
(24 posts, started )
One Day to ..... !!
Ok guys modern warfare 2 comes out in 5 hours and 8 minuttes anyone else than me looknig forward to it?
Yes, people are looking forward to it so much there is A BIG THREAD on it already.

Yes. How about we make a new thread every hour now until release.
[/care]
Myea, good game. Waiting for it with 2 open hands. However, as Michael D. sayd before - we already have a thread for mw2.
I'll be pirating it.

I refuse to pay money for a shitty Console port, and I refuse to give money to the bastards that are doing that to PC gamers. I'll put my money somewhere useful, like Bad Company 2, or a L4D2, or a new Mouse.
Quote from dawesdust_12 :I refuse to pay money for a shitty Console port, and I refuse to give money to the bastards that are doing that to PC gamers. I'll put my money somewhere useful, like Bad Company 2, or a L4D2, or a new Mouse.

To be honest I agree.

I would much rather spend my money on L4D2......

Quote from Luke.S :reported

Oh come on....
Quote from dawesdust_12 :I refuse to pay money for a shitty Console port, and I refuse to give money to the bastards that are doing that to PC gamers. I'll put my money somewhere useful, like Bad Company 2, or a L4D2, or a new Mouse.

I agree. ima stick with cod2, its better anyways, less sprayers

Snitch :P
Quote from (-Mark-) :I agree. ima stick with cod2, its better anyways, less sprayers

The one game I ever made a profit on Bought it for £5 a year later sold it for £8

Amen.

Infinity Ward can go f**k themselves. Way to go shitting on the very people (PC gamers) that made them rich in the first place. They can stick their 9v9 max multiplayer with their crappy p2p bullshit system where the sun don't shine. If i wanted to play a console port with no dedicated server support i wouldn't have this large box called a PC in front of me. Wankers.

Report me too you muppet. I'll be pirating it as well.
If they think i'm going to pay over the odds for a 5hr single player game they're having a laugh.
Quote from !!the king!! :Ok guys modern warfare 2 comes out in 5 hours and 8 minuttes anyone else than me looknig forward to it?

nope it looks even worse then the other MW and thats a Hard thing to do.
Quote from The Moose :They can stick their 9v9 max multiplayer with their crappy p2p bullshit system where the sun don't shine.

Is the PC multiplayer actually going to be maximum of 18 players/straight console port, I had at least assumed that the multiplayer experience would be similar to previous CoD games but with matchmaking instead of private servers, that would have been bad enough. If it is a straight console port I can't see anyway that it'll be able to compete with MW1 or CoD5
It's a direct port of the console shittyness for online. No dedicated servers, no custom maps / mods. 18 person max, and its all p2p hosted like on consoles. Just so us PC gamers can have "a better experience".

I'm glad I went and pre-ordered L4D2 yesterday, and Battlefield Bad Company 2 when I get the chance. No way is IW getting any more money for putting out shit.

That's pretty hypocritical, considering the chances of you having never pirated anything are pretty low.
Well, considering that every CoD game since Part 2 was shit, I guess I'll skip that one. Especially because of the "screw gamers" 60 € pricetag. I fear that this will start a trend which makes gaming even a more expensive hobby, as I think that it will still be a hit.
That £60 tag isn't counting for much right now, and was a blatant rip-off.

Sainsbury's are selling it for £26 - hence the reason it's currently sold out on both 360 and PS3. Asda had it for £32, Tesco for £38. HMV has the offer of getting it for £10 if you trade in a new game like Uncharter or Forza 3.
Game has another great deal - £25 off the RRP if you trade in CoD4.
couldn't believe our local asda this morning, went there for 10 mins before opening and joined the line of people (ok it was a random standing about thing) doors open in we go, MOW2 are behind the cigs counter, they only had about 15 of each of the PS3 and Xbox versions !!!

i got the second to last xbox version for my son but it makes you wonder how serious they were about selling copies as opposed to just getting some publicity
Quote from dawesdust_12 :It's a direct port of the console shittyness for online. No dedicated servers, no custom maps / mods. 18 person max, and its all p2p hosted like on consoles. Just so us PC gamers can have "a better experience".

I'm glad I went and pre-ordered L4D2 yesterday, and Battlefield Bad Company 2 when I get the chance. No way is IW getting any more money for putting out shit.

Battlefield is going to be a port too running on the same game engine as Bad Company 2 on xbox 360 and ps3.
I doubt they'd be as droll to neuter the PC version with no Dedicated servers considering the success of BF2 and BF1942. The engine isn't that big of a deal as all engines are "ported" from 1 platform to another. Even the Unreal engine that runs on PS3/360/PC/Mac/Linux/Wii/Etc. was developed on a core platform and ported to the others.

Nothing too scary about that. The thing that IW did wrong was that they also decided to port the console features over, and ditch logic by getting rid of dedicated servers, the ability to mod/Custom maps and lock things that some people use for comfort (FOV adjustments, etcera).

Thats the difference between a Console -> PC port (No adapted features to fit the PC's typical gaming structure) versus an engine port, which is pretty bog standard.

One Day to ..... !!
(24 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG