LLWS 2010 Round 3 - Aston 140 Post Race Discussion
All I can say is sorry.

I will take any report against me.

Gratz to winners
am Madhouse
crazy race... speechless
I am very happy with 2nd
I`m so revolted like never before!
Missed to save replay, so for now I`ll just say "big thanks" to anyone who spun me twice!
I had good pace and really payed attention to everyone else. Also had a couple of touches during SC, sorry to all for that.
Special apologies to car 30 (nikopdr) for staying on the race line during first qualy!
I had no intention to be in the way (bad fuel strategy), it was just a lack of attention for other cars on track. For that I`ll accept any marshal decision!
I`ll watch the replay and file a couple of appeals for sure!
What an incredibly disappointing race. If we hadn't gotten nailed with a safety car period at lap 32, I'm pretty confident we would have finished with all four of us in the top 5, if not 1-2-3-4.

And speaking of that safety car period... 6 laps under the safety car? Seriously? It took three laps for myself and Randy (running 5th and 6th) to even catch up to the line, then there were another three laps driving single file. The SC pace needs to be much, much lower until everyone is caught up so we can actually race instead of filing around with our thumbs up our asses.
#8 - pik_d
Quote from fermevc :I`m so revolted like never before!
Missed to save replay, so for now I`ll just say "big thanks" to anyone who spun me twice!
I had good pace and really payed attention to everyone else. Also had a couple of touches during SC, sorry to all for that.
Special apologies to car 30 (nikopdr) for staying on the race line during first qualy!
I had no intention to be in the way (bad fuel strategy), it was just a lack of attention for other cars on track. For that I`ll accept any marshal decision!
I`ll watch the replay and file a couple of appeals for sure!

You held back from the queue, were able to get from 8th to tied with 1st in half the length of the pit lane, then didn't turn for the left-hand turn at the normal turning point and you're upset that something happened? Really?
Quote from tmehlinger :Session: Race
My Name: T. Mehlinger
Cars Involved: 81 I. Fermevc
Lap: end of 38, start of 39
Description: slowed below the pace of the line of cars ahead to get a huge jump on the restart (which, notably, ultimately resulted in a huge pile-up and another SC)

This is not quite right , the restart was regular he has green flag in the moment when he goes on the straight part and he is pushing forward and he was faster than the others and he have first place in the moment of accident, the incident was caused by car 22.
pik_d
Just watched the replay and press 4 to see the ideal line before post anithing else .
you hit him
That's not the ideal line. It's the line the AI takes and it ignores curbs (doesn't use the whole track) and is generally *not* the fastest line. If you want proof, watch the WR replay and see how long he's actually on the "ideal" line.
Mpr packages added to OP. spdoeventdb link added. raw stats added.

I totally agree with Maber about SC,
First of all, none of us is keeping steady speed and 2-3 car distance, whole pack is going slow-fast-slow..., too many yellow flags during SC, contacts, tire warming which I think causes LFS to show Yellow.
Even if it`s interesting to see SC like in real life, IMO we could have better races without it! Cars that are damaged, roofed, etc. should spec and the rest can continue racing.
We`ve discussed SC issues earlier but with no luck. All bad things are happening in every race, like we are stupid or what.

About me "holding back the queue" (sorry for my english, but didn`t quite understand you):
It was not my intention to gain any advantage after restart, it just happened that I had the speed cause all of you were too close to each other. Rose and Teien were touching, Barry had a bad restart which led to Rosic and Chebbi nearly made contact. I even lifted in order not to hit car 17 and 69. I have risked very much by passing close but it was clean. I was almost full lenght in front of car 22 so there wasn`t any reason to be crashed by him. I`ve looked left and right for sure, and did hold the race line and didn`t even had a chance to make left-hand turn as you would like me to do. You should look both mine and your team mate steering wheel position. Clearly he was steering to the left into me, and I`m sure that a little bit of lag did the rest but let the marshals be the judge of that.
I now prowided screnprint before 0,2 s before accident, for my point wiew pik_d , you was quilty for the accident.
And before someone mention the issue how he was fast , and jump 7 or 8 places ahead , nobady mention S Murphy (the winner -congrat) who is used the same moment to go hughe jump forward and using the hole after fermevc and the moment off accident he was on the 5 place..
This is just race and hes good moves on the track.
Attached images
Clipboard01.jpg
Quote from fermevc :
It was not my intention to gain any advantage after restart, it just happened that I had the speed cause all of you were too close to each other.

No. You had the speed because you held back from the pack. We were all as close as we should have been. It's a tried and tested and unsportsmanlike tactic to do what you did, which was hold back so you can get on the throttle before green flag without passing anyone.

Quote from Ki-Men :I now prowided screnprint before 0,2 s before accident, for my point wiew pik_d , you was quilty for the accident.

Did you just completely ignore how I pointed out that the "ideal" racing line isn't really that? Did you not watch the WR replay? If you're going to ignore what I say then why should anyone care about what you say?

Quote from Ki-Men :And before someone mention the issue how he was fast , and jump 7 or 8 places ahead , nobady mention S Murphy (the winner -congrat) who is used the same moment to go hughe jump forward and using the hole after fermevc and the moment off accident he was on the 5 place..

Yes, because S. Murphy was behind I. Fermevc. Murphy could not pass Fermevc to keep up with the rest of the cars, what else was he supposed to do? It was again Fermevc's fault that Murphy was able to do that.
pik_d , I wonder : do you read somethimes yourself?
"Murphy could not pass Fermevc"
you shoud do that , NOW!!!
In this place I m now stopping this nonsens arguing with you .
It is time for you to start think with your brain , calm down , and watch the replay.
Quote from fermevc :Session: Race
My Name: I.Fermevc
Cars Involved: 22 S.Rose and 81 I.Fermevc
Lap: 39 (after restart, down the strait)
Description: Turned into my back while clearly could see me in front of him.

Best thing is "81 not turning for the turn"
What turn m8? We were on the strait part of track!
You`ve had plenty of track and space given by Teien to the right, so no room for your protest!
You`re trying to tell us that your racing line is the best and all should follow, and if you see anyone on your racing line you`ll hit him no matter what!
I`ve explained the issue regarding me going from 8th to 1st place, there was no intention - just luck and mistakes made by others! You don`t mind your team mate Murphy catching my draft

I had a great start of that restart and i gave as much room as possible but i got hit later on
some idiot thougth 4 wide would be allrigth ;S
@ pik_d

You`re starting a big fight my friend!
You won`t accept my explanation, or from anyone else.
We could go on about this whole life time, so please let`s stop it now.
When we were in DSR_R2F1 I was a rookie or a noob if you like, but many miles have past since than. I remember you as a fair and fast driver so don`t make a bad impression justifying something so obvious.
Again, please let the admins, judges, marshals or anyone else be the judge of issues that happened.
All the best, Igor
Quote from fermevc :I totally agree with Maber about SC,
First of all, none of us is keeping steady speed and 2-3 car distance, whole pack is going slow-fast-slow..., too many yellow flags during SC, contacts, tire warming which I think causes LFS to show Yellow.
Even if it`s interesting to see SC like in real life, IMO we could have better races without it! Cars that are damaged, roofed, etc. should spec and the rest can continue racing.
We`ve discussed SC issues earlier but with no luck. All bad things are happening in every race, like we are stupid or what.

I'm glad we agree on this. The safety car needs to be crawling until it has captured the entire queue.

Although I don't like to say it (because I'm capable of doing it responsibly), I'm totally in favor of banning tire warming. Too many people can't do it without being a hazard. The worst are the people who slow down and spin the rear tires (Teien, I'm looking at you). It doesn't really warm the tires that much anyway.

Quote from fermevc :
About me "holding back the queue" (sorry for my english, but didn`t quite understand you):

He means that you were too far behind the car ahead of you.

Quote from fermevc :
It was not my intention to gain any advantage after restart, it just happened that I had the speed cause all of you were too close to each other.

This is simply not true. If you had not intended to gain such an advantage, you would have been in line with everyone else. Instead, you used the huge gap to go from 8th to nearly 1st, making some very dangerous passes along the way. If you're not penalized for this, I'll be very surprised.

Quote from fermevc :
Rose and Teien were touching, Barry had a bad restart which led to Rosic and Chebbi nearly made contact. I even lifted in order not to hit car 17 and 69. I have risked very much by passing close but it was clean. I was almost full lenght in front of car 22 so there wasn`t any reason to be crashed by him. I`ve looked left and right for sure, and did hold the race line and didn`t even had a chance to make left-hand turn as you would like me to do. You should look both mine and your team mate steering wheel position. Clearly he was steering to the left into me, and I`m sure that a little bit of lag did the rest but let the marshals be the judge of that.

My replay is a little choppy, so I can't really judge this. I'm inclined to believe this was a racing incident... you guys were running four-wide, everyone looking left and right trying to figure out where all the other cars were. It's very easy to make a mistake in that situation, so I don't really fault anybody.

That said, for the cars that were coming up behind, it was incredibly irresponsible to try to go four-wide. That kind of racing is just stupid. I know everyone is racing for position and trying for a good finish, but it *always* ends with at least two or three drivers pointed the wrong direction. It terrifies me to think what would have happened if you had all arrived at the corner four-wide. There would have been a hell of a lot more cars in the grass.
Quote from Ki-Men :pik_d , I wonder : do you read somethimes yourself?
"Murphy could not pass Fermevc"
you shoud do that , NOW!!!
In this place I m now stopping this nonsens arguing with you .
It is time for you to start think with your brain , calm down , and watch the replay.

Maybe comprehension is your problem. On the restart Murphy was two cars behind Fermevc. Because Fermevc held back the cars behind him had to hold back. Murphy could not pass Fermevc at that point (before the final turn) so that he could stay close to the cars in front. Coming out of the final turn Fermevc was on 80-90% throttlewhile the people who correctly followed common restart procedure (1 car length) were on 20-30% throttle. When the green flag fell Fermevc was already doing 83mph (134km/h) when the leaders were doing 55mph (90km/h), and that's faster than what we should have been doing (pit lane speed, 49mph or 80km/h).

It's pretty clear Fermevc gained an unfair advantage over those ahead of him. (not the two directly ahead, he would have passed them anyway because they had to slow at the last minute, I'm talking about those even further ahead).
please everyone get a night to sleep, and go on discussing tomorrow... this would be the best... and we will take a look on the sceens...

relax a bit... it was a hard race.
Quote from aroX123 :I had a great start of that restart and i gave as much room as possible but i got hit later on
some idiot thougth 4 wide would be allrigth ;S

Yes, you were collateral damage, sorry for that, but managed to stay on track!
I hope you`re not calling me an idiot. If you are, I`ll have some thing to say into your account.
I had a wonderful restart but all my sweat and risk went to hell, and someone calls that "unsportsmanlike tactic". I wish I had some tactic other than steady pace and careful driving, maybe I would`ve survived two crashes, but .....
Quote from Ki-Men :I now prowided screnprint before 0,2 s before accident, for my point wiew pik_d , you was quilty for the accident.
And before someone mention the issue how he was fast , and jump 7 or 8 places ahead , nobady mention S Murphy (the winner -congrat) who is used the same moment to go hughe jump forward and using the hole after fermevc and the moment off accident he was on the 5 place..

LOL, I just now saw this. If you're using the suggested racing line as your argument... he's driving parallel to it and you're crossing it. Kind of makes it look like your fault. I don't think it is; that's just what the picture says.
Just to add one more thing:

I really feel bad about all of you thinking I intentionally hold back the cars behind me.
I never did such a thing on purpose, ever!
Even when we were doing oval races, after each restart there was always somebody with a gap in front of him, and sure he had advantage of that. Nobody ever sanctioned someone for that!
Please stop accusing me about not being fair and clean racer, it insults me a lot!
I feel so frustrated about all this and hope that it will stop.

Instead of fun racing, we got into harsh argue that will lead into noting good.
Gratz to podium and points finishers... all I can say for me is... nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo... I am gutted that I DNF'd after debuting with a 4th in qualis.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG