The online racing simulator
Cheapest wheel with clutch and H-Shifter.
Well I have always wanted a wheel with clutch and h-shifter. The G25 is way out of my budget so to me the Fanatec porsche carrera is the way to go. Australia however sucks and never gets anything cheap. And in the case of the Fanatec, not at all it seems. What is the cheapest way to go? I have considered a driving force GT with a second pedal set for a clutch, but then I still miss out on h-pattern. Any other aussies found a cheap wheel with clutch and h-shifter?
Oow, dont have anything useful to say but i gotta admit that im having the same question for quite some time already.
It is starting to look like the Driving Force GT is unfortunately my only option. Considering it was designed for PS3 how good is the force feedback in LFS compared to other wheels?
I thing you could get DFG with second set of pedals, ant buy FFB joystick, mod it a bit and use as H-shifter
I considered it, but how hard is it to do? Im not that technically minded.
Quote from FalconXB :I considered it, but how hard is it to do? Im not that technically minded.

it's not too hard to do you just have to have a lil common sense (i don't mean it in a bad way)
Quote from FalconXB :I considered it, but how hard is it to do? Im not that technically minded.

get yourself a nerd. Best advice i can give you.
just get a cheap ffb wheel, get a joystick of some sorts, and use that as a clutch (it will be better then nothing :shrug and get a ffb joystick so you can mod it like said above
Quote from logitekg25 :just get a cheap ffb wheel, get a joystick of some sorts, and use that as a clutch (it will be better then nothing :shrug and get a ffb joystick so you can mod it like said above

if he buy a dfg an ffb joystick and a shity wheel with a pedalset it cost very close as the g25
Thrustmaster RGT pro clutch might be the cheapest wheel with a more than decent pedal set you might want. You get it for 70€ here. Then go to ebay, get a used force feedback joystick for less than a tenner, combine it with some software routed shifter gadget and you're done.

greetz

der butz
Okay I shall look into that. What is the force feedback like on that wheel? Also with using a force feedback joystick, is there any mechanical modifications needed to use it as a gear shifter?
ff is fine, maybe not as nervous like in the g25, but when you set it up properly you can feel every bump in the curbs easily. Mine is packing in after about 5 years of use and I'm saving money for the fanatec bundle...
Pedals are sturdy and never break, the potis are doing fine ever since, no spikes or such you might get from a logicrap wheel.
You CAN modify the joystick if you want to, the force feedback program seems to only let you shift the programmed routed ways, you don't have to get aluminium plates or such.

greetz

der butz
i got my old LFS setup when i got my G25 my old setup is

DFP 900deg wheel act-lab clutch and shifter i got the hole act-lab pedel set but they got a bit gay so i only used the clutch and shifter.

my g25 was only 400$ AUD the act-labs shifter its self was 200$ lol
I'm thinking I might just get the Driving Force GT and then add to it later on. What is the FF like on it in LFS considering it is designed for PS3? Also at the moment I am only using a joystick, even with no H-Shifter and clutch for driving a manual is the wheel going to make a huge difference?
the ffb on my old ps2 DFP was ok a little vauge compaired to the G25 but it was and still is a good wheel.

i had a 270 deg wheel and no shifter when i first started playing lfs and i lost ALOT of time going to the H shifter and full degs but now im faster then i used to be and can drift better then i used to :P.
Okay yeah, just a matter of preference I guess. I'm thinking I may just buy S2 though and stick with the joystick for now until I get the G25.
I have heard that the DFGT is a good wheel and does just as well as the G25 wheel. If you want a wheel with a clutch and h-shifter, saving your money would be the best thing to do so you can get either the Fanatec Porsche or the logitech G25/G27.
Doesn't have a clutch but you can always use a paddle- MOMO
#19 - senn
Quote from FalconXB :Okay yeah, just a matter of preference I guess. I'm thinking I may just buy S2 though and stick with the joystick for now until I get the G25.

I raced for years with a stick, you are better off holding out for a good wheel (g25/G27)

What state are you in btw, might be able to point you in the direction of wholesalers with better prices than say harvey norman - $600 2 weeks ago for a G25, i literally laughed out loud when i saw the price tag
I'm in Queensland. Wow, $600? I thought Dick Smith was overpriced at $400. And what's really scary, is they probably have sold a couple.
yer i got mine from game traders for 430$ think they are around 370$ now
Peats over here wants 300+ euro for one but most online places are doing them for half that and they are going used for 80-100, have to build a new table to use it with.
hey i know an online store that selling the g25 for $279. www.itestate.com.au
they are a sydney based shop so im not sure if they will post to queensland but its the cheapest ive seen the g25
I can get it for $285 locally with Umart. But even then my budget doesn't really stretch beyond $200. I'm thinking of getting the Driving Force GT then getting a cheap set of pedals and using one as a clutch. I still don't have the H-Shifter but can always get a FFB joystick later on for that.
well...if you buy just the pedals and the shifter it should be really prety cheap...the shifter is 20 off ebay from what i see, and i am not sure about the pedals. but if you can find a way to hook them up without a wheel then you can just get a cheap ffb wheel fot the time being

Cheapest wheel with clutch and H-Shifter.
(27 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG