The online racing simulator
The Forza race series discussion
(48 posts, started )
Well theres too many people talking in the forza 3 topic for it to be possible to sort out this series thats going on.

From what i understand the rules are:

- Cars must be 4-door sport saloon models.
- Using FM3's Performance Index rating, cars must be no higher than B-Class (B500).
- Cars must only use RWD drivetrains.
- Slick tyres are not permitted.

Cars that fall under this rule: Pontiac G8 GXP, Chrysler 300c SRT-8, Dodge Charger SRT-8, BMW M5, Cadillac CTS-V, Lexus IS-F, Lotus Charlton, Mercedes C32 AMG.
Wasn't the Lotus Carlton on the cards for this as well? That's the one I started skinning, although I've not tried the others yet.

I wasn't sure about creating a new topic just for the league idea in case it was considered overkill on the Forza 3 front. Could always take it to the Leagues sub-forum I guess, despite not being in-LFS
The thought crossed my mind about this, but I came to the conclusion that doing a seperate topic was a bit cheeky.

I've been thinking about looking into sorting out a forum, or website, to run various FM3 leagues.
Sounds like you're taking the idea pretty seriously. You planning on going outside of the LFS community for racers then?

Nothing in the leagues sub-forum section specifies the events must take place inside LFS and it would keep it in one place, but obviously if you're planning on getting non-LFSers on board then that's maybe not so great
Quote from Dajmin :Sounds like you're taking the idea pretty seriously. You planning on going outside of the LFS community for racers then?

Nothing in the leagues sub-forum section specifies the events must take place inside LFS and it would keep it in one place, but obviously if you're planning on getting non-LFSers on board then that's maybe not so great

Not at all, I would be more than happy with it just being just LFS racers, and that was the plan from the get go.

Maybe I'll have to have a word with a mod about this, but I can imagine what the response is likely to be......
My skin design has a big LFS logo, if that helps your case
Could you post some more detailed specifications for the cars? I would love to enter some kind of league but I am working lots, so instead I might make some cars or paintjobs and if I can't enter I will sell them to anyone who wants them (cheap to the LFS guys of course).
Still coming up with the details, but if someone else wants to run with it, be my guest
So far this is all that's been discussed (according to my WIP rulebook):

- Using FM3's Performance Index rating, cars must be no higher than B-Class (B500).

Sharing one setup has yet to be investigated and skins will be up to the individual. Any specific changes will need to be looked into, especially regarding car models - I reckon we have too many Yank makes right now so could use a few others from elsewhere
The Pontiac is pretty good, it does need a rear spoiler to tame the rear a bit though. Here is my car so far, I have focused more on the handling since the car is already quite powerful, but I expect an M5 would still own it.

EDIT: I'm doing a crazy paintjob for this car, just slapping loads of vinals on and seeing what happens.

Attached images
G8small.jpg
Good idea to have a new thread for this, would get real awkward trying to read stuff about this in the main FM3 thread.

I'm still undecided on what car to use. It'll probably end up being the M5 or the Carlton.

When is this all going to start anyway? To be realistic i'd say next Wednesday (if Wednesday is the day of choice), that gives everyone a week to get a car prepared and set a hot lap time (when the track gets announced for it).

Another thing, if this little 'series' goes well, would there be others? For example if I suggested a D class hatchback series, we could then incorporate the two series into one session. Have them on the same track each week (Thunder Saloon's race, then the hatchbacks etc).

Just a thought.
Here is the finished product. I just need to tune the setup to dial out some of the turn in understeer and tweak the gear ratios.

Attached images
G8 ALPs.jpg
G8 ALP2s.jpg
Quote from ATC Quicksilver :Here is the finished product. I just need to tune the setup to dial out some of the turn in understeer and tweak the gear ratios.

damn thats a nice skin.
Theres no way I can get stuff organised for next week, we are talking a few weeks minimum to get everything sorted.

However, theres nothing to stop us, infact, I'd recommend we do, have some test events, to test balancing.
Quote from danowat :Theres no way I can get stuff organised for next week, we are talking a few weeks minimum to get everything sorted.

However, theres nothing to stop us, infact, I'd recommend we do, have some test events, to test balancing.

For the test event, I, for a test, recommend that we do some testing today, to test how the event might go after testing.

Going online tonight anyway so I could put a server up.
Just send me an invite if you guys are going to race, my gamertag is Mess is Law if anyone missed me post it in the other thread.
I'll try to remember to show.

Does an evo count as a sport saloon? It has 4 doors and is saloon shaped
Quote from Dajmin :

Quote from Luke.S :I'll try to remember to show.

Does an evo count as a sport saloon? It has 4 doors and is saloon shaped

It's not RWD and changing the diff settings doesn't count.
kk
Quote from beefyman666 :It's not RWD and changing the diff settings doesn't count.

Lame i was thinking that this morning.
What about one of them audis?
Also why doesnt changing the diff sets count?
Quote from AstroBoy :Lame i was thinking that this morning.
What about one of them audis?

I guess if the Evo has the option in the tuning section to make it RWD then maybe, would have to cast a vote or something incase people don't deem it very fair (hell of a lot lighter than the rest). I've already tried the Audi's and they're a no go.
Quote from beefyman666 :I guess if the Evo has the option in the tuning section to make it RWD then maybe, would have to cast a vote or something incase people don't deem it very fair (hell of a lot lighter than the rest). I've already tried the Audi's and they're a no go.

I think the orginal concept will be gone imo.

the list I made. I rekon is a perfect selection of cars there would be too many other wise.

Also Engine swaps shouldn't be allowed imo.

other wise the Lexus Is300 with 2JZ() will basically be the entire feild lol.
#23 - mr_x
I would join you guys on this (if there was any room left!) but Wednesday nights is when I go see the girlfriend. Maybe the next one, if it's held on another night.
Invite her to yours, she can provide you with drinks and snacks while you play, cheer you on, pretend she's a pit girl and check your dipstick... I lost my train of thought.

I agree that engine and drivetrain swaps shouldn't be allowed. It surely can't be that hard to police with saved replays and telemetry details.
Quote from Dajmin :Invite her to yours, she can provide you with drinks and snacks while you play, cheer you on, pretend she's a pit girl and check your dipstick... I lost my train of thought.

I've got a story about that............but lets just leave it there........

(48 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG