The online racing simulator
#1 - Bekim
Aussie Servers? Need help with LFS Online
Hi there. I'm new to the world of online play on LFS and need some help.

I'd like to join drifting servers but when I joined one "WS.D Drifting #1" I was playing for about 3 mins and it disconnected. I had a high ping of about 350ms. I only found 1 server that gave me a low ping and it was an Aussie server (60ms). Are there any others? how does this all work? Can I manually add servers to the list? and if so can someone provide me with a list of all Aussie servers? or is it only just the servers that LFS finds inside the game?

I'm confused. My firewall settings are allowing LFS, everything is fine, I don't know why I'm being disconnected from the drifting server.

Please someone shed some light on this, I'm dying to play online with some other drifters....

Cheers
-
(rockclan) DELETED by rockclan : was spam
That was a helpful post rockclan :/
#3 - Bekim
I'm sorry if it's a common thing, I was just hoping someone could shed some light on how all of it works because I'm confused and can't seem to find a server to play on...
Quote from rockclan :Sorry to be OT but...

Well it's probably something like this... A guy goes online for the first time and sees there are a few hundred servers but only 1 or 2 with low ping and they go wtf this can't be right. But alas it's true outside of europe the support for lfs has all but died Even at the peak over here we had less than ten servers occupied at any one time, now on average you'll find two at our peak playing time.

To the OP check what filters you have enabled as this may be blocking some of the servers you might be looking for. Also don't necessarily think that a lower ping will be better than a higher ping, try a few different servers that look of interest to you until you find one that gives smooth game play and a stable connection. Server's up to low 400ms ping can still be quite stable if they are located in good infrastructure and countries were we have good internet backbones to, were as other times a server with lower ping can be less stable if it is located on someone's personal PC or in a part of the world were the internet is less reliable.
Move to Europe then!
(or find drift buddies in your region)
#6 - Bekim
Ok thanks for the info. Is there any way of manually adding drifting servers? some sort of list? or is it only the servers displayed in LFS?
To be helpfull:

Try to select show empty servers yes.
And maybe you'll find a drift server with a lower ping.
And if you will join I'm almost certain other people also will.
Quote from Bekim :Ok thanks for the info. Is there any way of manually adding drifting servers? some sort of list? or is it only the servers displayed in LFS?

All servers that are online have to connect to the "Master server". LFS queries this server each time you go online so you will have the most up to date list of servers that are currently online and available to use.

-- Bry
There is no way of filtering drift servers specifically, but drift servers normally are clearly named and usually have a certain selection of cars. So you can effectively create a filter for mostly drift servers by selecting rwd road cars as must have with all others as neutral or even selecting fwd cars as must not have for example.

Also make sure you have installed the latest patch as that uses a different internet protocol (UDP instead of TCP) as you will not be seeing all the servers otherwise. Also by default I think patch Z25 only displays the new UDP servers so if you check the TCP box you might see more choices. (eventually there will be no TCP servers remaining)
Quote from TenderSurrender :All servers that are online have to connect to the "Master server". LFS queries this server each time you go online so you will have the most up to date list of servers that are currently online and available to use.

-- Bry

Ok so what your saying is every server that exists will be listed. So lets say for example in call of duty 4, i add internode servers, so lets say there were internode servers for lfs, they would just automatically come up on the server list yes? Or did I misunderstand you?
ALL servers that LFS can use WILL be on that list (Unless its set to private which, if so, you would already know the name of it and you could just type it in)

Glen67 is right though - If you filter your results to RWD etc, you can pretty much create a custom list for just drift servers
All servers are displayed as there is only one master server (internode) for the whole LFS universe
lol yer the lfs aussie servers dont really have much action lately. Australians have short attention span's so it really dosent susprise .... wait what was i talking about again
Ok thanks for the info guys. And yes I'm using LFS Z25, I just installed it today. I set everything to ALL even empty ones, allowed everything to see how many servers I could find. Ended up finding 850 or so servers. Found a few drift servers, even some from New Zealand which isnt that far but almost all drift servers were dead, the only one that had people playing was the WS.D Drifting one (the one I kept getting disconnected from).

Well I guess I'll just try out some servers tomorrow, and if it's still dead I'll just join some empty ones and hopefully people will join.

Cheers
if im not busy tommrow maybe ill jump on and stuff around :P
Sounds good
#17 - senn
too busy flogging the shit out of our cars in real life imho.
lol that is what i was doing last night hahah it was raining so i had the celica out drifting

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG