The online racing simulator
#1 - Crady
Introducing Redline Racing's new VIP servers
Hello racers,

We, at Redline Racing, have created 3 VIP servers to provide a safe and enjoyable racing environment away from the new and inexperienced drivers who tend to cause many crashes, especially on the way to T1, and give rise to a lot of frustration. We hope that the quality and careful approach of the drivers we have selected will ensure that crashes remain at a minimum.
The severs are not private and anyone, as long as the servers aren't full, can connect and spectate but only those on the VIP list can join to race.

Here are the details and benefits explained:

Benefits of being on the VIP list.

You can access all 3 VIP servers:

GTR VIP Racing: RR8
GTR racing server on tracks that also rotate every two weeks (track decided by VIP vote).

BF1 VIP Racing: RR7
Formula 1 racing server on tracks that rotate every two weeks (track decided by VIP vote).

Custom VIP Racing: RR6
On the custom VIP racing server we have given our VIPs the complete freedom to select and change combos at any time as it suits them when on the server. You will be able to change tracks/cars/laps and qualifying periods to suit. You will find the list of admin commands you can use in the welcome thread in the VIP forum. We look forward to seeing which combos you choose to set up and race on.

ALL Redline Servers:
On some of our servers we also require people to earn rank points to drive the faster cars. Being on the VIP list means that not only can you can access any of the VIP servers, but you will also be able to drive any of the restricted cars, regardless of rank.

Joining the VIP servers:

We have created a list of "allowed" drivers on the server. If you are on the VIP list you will be able to log in to the racing server and get on track without issue - no need for a password.
If you can not join the race track you are not on the VIP list. You will be able to spectate a race but not join in. If you would like to be added to the VIP list please see the "Joining the VIP List" thread in this forum.

Voting For Tracks on the VIP servers.

As you will see in this VIP forum, we have created a thread for voting on a new track selection. You will have the opportunity to vote for a new track every two weeks. Read more in the track vote thread.

VIP Events:

Each track voted for by our VIPs will run on the server for a period of 2 weeks. At the end of this 2 week period there will be a fun racing event of about 30-40 laps. At the end of the event we will change the track to which ever one won the fortnightly vote. Results for events will be posted in the forum.

Finally:

If you are unable to join the servers and you feel you really should be able to, then please don't be offended, just make a post in the relevant thread on our forum and we will look at it. Until then, thank you for coming along to see our VIP servers.
We hope you enjoy the racing... and see you on track soon.
Visit us on http://www.team-redline.co.uk/forum/

If you have any questions or suggestions about being a VIP we are very happy to answer them for you. Drop along to our VIP thread (here: http://www.team-redline.co.uk/forum/index.php?board=117.0) and put a post in and we will do our very best to answer it as quickly as possible.

It would be helpful if you could ask questions in our VIP forum rather than in this LFS forum thread. Other vistors may have the same questions as you and will not find the answers here once the topic has moved to the second page.

Thanks.
sounds nice!
#3 - SiL-X
Hi,

sounds great! Thanks for invite!
Hope we see us some time!
Hi mates,

excellent idea! Thank you for inviting me!
I'm looking forward to race you guys soon!
Hooo Interesting, I knew something was cooking in Redline's kitchen!

So if I understand it well our next step should be to go check on the VIP servers if we have been vouched, if not and we think we're good enough then we can apply for a membership...mmm nice...I am on my way.:auto:

Stresssss...will I be fast enough???
Thanks guys! I've always enjoyed the RR servers even with the crashers, it's always been a fun environment!
Quote from Framaris :Stresssss...will I be fast enough???

Yea I think you should be fast enough, I guess they are not looking just for pure aliens, aldo they want some nice speed of course, but more of a clean experienced racers, so don't worry there mate

Redline guys, thank you for the invitation, always been pleasure racing with you guys, even you always do BF1, oh well we had some fun with XRG too

I'll try to stop by, if I find time from all this crazy MoE practice.
Thanks for the Invitation, maybe I'll be up for a few races when motivation comes back.

But a good idea anyways
Thanks for the positive replies guys.
We where a bit worried that people may see it as elitist but speed
is not the essence. As long as people are considerate, clean and friendly, anyone can be added to the list.
There should be cars and combos for everyone to enjoy, not just the BF1.
Happy racing.
Hi guys, thanks for your posts and we hope to have some great races with you in the furture.

NIKI you are absolutely right and hit all the right marks. We're not looking for aliens (though we don't excluded them of course - as long as they are safe ) we have focused mainly on safety of the drivers so we can have some clean and fun races that everyone can enjoy. We looked for drivers that can hold a straight line down to T1 without weaving dangerously down the track; drivers that don't dive into corners putting other cars at risk and that are experienced enough to be able to know where they and other cars are on track and so can avoid accidents. Speed only plays a part in that you should be quick enough not to pose a danger to other cars.

Of course accidents will still happen, they always will but we're trying to minimise them as much as possible.

Framaris - spot on. Anyone can check if they are on the VIP list by trying to join one of our VIP servers - Redline Racing 6, 7 and 8. If they can join the track they are on the list. If not and they think they have been overlooked then they can drop along to the VIP forum to put in an application.

You can drive anything you like on our VIP servers. On RR7 and 8 there is a 2 weekly VIP vote to change track and on RR6 you can go and change the track and car to anything you like when ever you want... pop a long and try it out - admin commands are in the welcome VIP post on our forum... if anything doesn't work then give us a shout.

Just for any new drivers to LFS that might be looking through this; we would encourage you to practice driving either on our public servers or other full servers and learn how to drive safely without hitting other cars. Learn to look left and right and know where other cars are. This will help you on all LFS servers and make the racing better for everyone where ever you race.

Well thanks again guys, we hope to see you soon.

PS - dont forget to go and vote on the next tracks
thanks for the invite, will try find some time soon to get back into lfs!
Am I on the list?
Quote from RasmusL :Unless you applied you aren't (I guess).

Most didn't have to apply, they got automatically added by either us knowing them or by being in a well known team.
Mine seems to have been lost in the post...

not
I'm not a nice person.
Quote from pearcy_2k7 :Mine seems to have been lost in the post...

not

As far as i know all spdo peeps are on the list.
Please accept our apologies if you have tried to visit us over the past few days. Due to the website and some of the racing servers (hosted by 500servers) being moved to a new location we have been offline for the last couple of days.

Terrible timing I know with us just having announed the VIP forum/Servers and so we apologise for that.

Currently, we are trying to get the website updated to the latest version so it can be opened again. Hopefully we will be back up and running soon.

Apologies once again and we hope to see you soon
thanks guys
*cough*

(bump to keep people informed)
Hoy RR :)
Great idea

Lets start racing

baker
being on the VIP list means that admins know and like you? then thats not big difference than now - I prefer decent admining then
Quote from AndRand :being on the VIP list means that admins know and like you?

Not really, all it means is that we expect or presume they know the basics and etiquette of racing.
The servers are still admined.
Great stuff guys.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG