The online racing simulator
Wee bump.

This paragraph pretty much sums up the console war:

"So, which is better, XBOX 360 or PS3?
The answer is……. Neither! Look, each console has its “pros and cons”. If you primarily play online games, you will want to get an XBOX 360. If you have a nice HDTV and want to enjoy beautiful Blu-Ray movies, you will want to get a PS3. If you are an “achievement whore” you will want a 360. If you like to play import games, you will want a PS3. If you want to easily stream near-HD quality movies and TV shows, get a 360. It goes on and on. If you like Halo games, get a 360. If you are more of a Killzone kinda guy, get a PS3. If you want to spend less than $400, get a 360.
If you think the PS3 has “better graphics” get a PS3. If you think the XBOX 360
has “better graphics” then get an XBOX 360."

I'm still looking forward to GT5
Quote from Xaid0n :Wee bump.

This paragraph pretty much sums up the console war:

"So, which is better, XBOX 360 or PS3?
The answer is……. Neither! Look, each console has its “pros and cons”. If you primarily play online games, you will want to get an XBOX 360. If you have a nice HDTV and want to enjoy beautiful Blu-Ray movies, you will want to get a PS3. If you are an “achievement whore” you will want a 360. If you like to play import games, you will want a PS3. If you want to easily stream near-HD quality movies and TV shows, get a 360. It goes on and on. If you like Halo games, get a 360. If you are more of a Killzone kinda guy, get a PS3. If you want to spend less than $400, get a 360.
If you think the PS3 has “better graphics” get a PS3. If you think the XBOX 360
has “better graphics” then get an XBOX 360."

I'm still looking forward to GT5

I have both. But if I could only have one it would be the PS3 hands down. Why? Because I have a HDTV and DVD looks like crap on a big HDTV. Bluray is a must have. The PS3 plays games and is one of the best all around bluray players.

I can't imagine why anyone with a HDTV who does not have a bluray player would buy a 360 instead of a PS3. Maybe they don't watch movies on their TV's.

Also a big plus for the PS3 is that it works with your PC logitech wheels. I have no idea what all the LFS Forza players are doing. Do they have two wheels? Or do they *gasp* play with a gamepad?

I would buy Forza 3 in a minute if it worked with my DFP. I must say that XBox Live is just far a head of PS3's online system.
Quote from somasleep :
I would buy Forza 3 in a minute if it worked with my DFP. I must say that XBox Live is just far a head of PS3's online system.

I've heard alot of good things about logitech's cheap wheel for the xbox tbh, someone else posted it in forza 3 thread.

http://www.spotbuyer.com/product/id/658956
Quote from somasleep :-snip-

I'm with you on that one, I used to own an xbox 360 and whilst I do regret getting rid of it, I didn't have fun with it as I didn't have XBL... I don't see why I should pay for the privilege of playing multiplayer when PS3 and PC is 'free'.

I've had more fun on the PS3 over the last 2 weeks of ownership than I did on the Xbox over the 18 months I owned that, although I do prefer the selection of games for the Xbox
Yet more new screenshots out today. This time it's Toyota's concept FT-86.

Don't know about anyone else, but I'm getting a bit tired of hearing nothing about the actual game and just getting a new selection of screens every few weeks. If you're going to keep delaying a release for years you'd think they'd have something awesome to announce by now.
As I said in my CVG post - less show, more tell.
Thats the thing.... They dont have anything good to announce....
Quote from ACCAkut :For example he says that the engine is completely from scratch

That's encouraging... because if it drives anything like GT5P I'll shoot myself. I think GT5P was just a 'oh look at the lovely graphics we can do' game, or at least I hope so :P
I think i'll wait for a reputable source for something as big as that, my understanding is the RUMOUR is going around based on a confirmed translation of something said by someone who isnt exactly Kaz, it was recorded, so confirming the comment was correctly translated isnt the issue, its the likelyhood of the person leaking it being legit really.

If they could do what ModNation Racers have done for that game, but with real world objects instead of cartoon scenery, then that would be enough to satisfy my needs. Afterall, they cant provide the full blown tools they use and make it available to the average console user, it has to be slightly dumbed down, controllable with the 6axis/DS3, and all run through a PS3 and its tiny memory capacity.
ModNation Racers nailed it IMO, pick up and create tools which anyone can use and understand within seconds of using it. Using something similar, and swapping out the novelty cutesy factor, and trying to come up with something realistic would be all i'd need, and it'd make it extremely accessable to its community.

I'd sooner have weather & progressive time, but I certainly wouldnt knock back a simple but effective track editor even if it was limited and inferior to the PD creations.
Well this is good enough for me...

With the recent rumors and videos that have been going around about Gran Turismo 5 having a track editor, we decided to contact the developers to find out if it was true or not. Now, we have a official answer.

They were kind enough to give us a quick response and this is what a representative said:
Yes it will have a track editor. You will be able to rebuild a track from scratch or edit the tracks that are already put in Gran Turismo 5.”
Funny you mention it, Kaz popped round to say hi a minute ago, i was busy with my exciting life, but after explaining I couldnt talk long as i had Bill Gates on hold (cant change my wallpaper, and he's on my speed dial), i had chance to ask him something, and he said:

"Yes, GT5 will be free, and it'll be out tomorrow and delivered to everyone with a PS3 and G35 wheel, 3D Monitor"

That was his official answer, and its good enough for me.
Rumour people... but fu*kin amazing if true.
Ok I give in.. I guess no one believes anything these days
i'll believe it when its coming from a reputable source.
At the moment no reputable source is announcing this, and because anyone can make up quotes, its stupid to trust what could very easily be lies to generate traffic for their 2-bit website.
It's this kind of thing that ends up somehow going from a rumour to the absolute set-in-stone truth. Then people think that Kaz lies and makes things up. All because of hyped up rumours. It would be excellent to have sure, but I won't believe that is going to be a certain feature since it has not officially been confirmed.
It'd be a huge kick in the face of all the Forza knobs.

Quote from dawesdust_12 :It'd be a huge kick in the face of all the Forza knobs.

Sorry can't hear you. Too busy playing my non-vaporware-game.
Gawd, I may have to buy a PS3 just for this game.
It will be the best decision of your life.
Quote from dawesdust_12 :It will be the best decision of your life.

Man when did you become such a fanboy, your comments are redicolous!
-
(obsolum) DELETED by obsolum

Gran Turismo 5
(7732 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG