The online racing simulator
Quote from J03130 :Sorry Scawen but this is really bugging me i only asking since this is general discussion forum. I just watched your video of you driving the Formula BMW and when you say your name is it said Scorn? cos I've been saying it how it's spelt. Lol i'm so stoooopid.

You should know it when you're English... I think it's spelled like "skawn".
Quote from Flame CZE :You should know it when you're English... I think it's spelled like "skawn".

I think we had a thread about it some years ago. "Scorn" was what he said was closed I think.
Scone?
The closest I can get is "skaw'n". I said it wrong for ages, but I blame that on my friend in Scotland who's called "Scowan". For me, it's a fairly safe bet that "Scawen" (especially "Roberts") is a Scottish name
Quote from J03130 :Sorry Scawen but this is really bugging me i only asking since this is general discussion forum. I just watched your video of you driving the Formula BMW and when you say your name is it said Scorn? cos I've been saying it how it's spelt. Lol i'm so stoooopid.

Skay When?

Lol... one of my colleagues at EA got VERY angry when pronounced her name wrong... hehe, as does my girlfriend... Mind you they are both Irish names and Fionnuala is not 'Vanilla' and Aiobh is not 'Abbi'...

I love names, and my first born is to be called Æðelbert... How cool will that be???

I am of course joking... being the Dad I probably won't have the choice...
I've always pronounced it in my mind as 'scar-wen' (Aussie accent included).
Come to think of it, I've only ever pronounced it in my mind. No one I know plays LFS, so I've never had a vocal conversation about it, only every typed stuff.... I'm going to have a go at saying it vocally now.....

Yep, I think 'scar-wen' is right.

We really have gone OT here haven't we....
Quote from Liquid Li0n :Scawen, about the multiscreen support...is this already up to final because I'm keep getting errors or crashes when trying to get it working on 3 screens.
I'm on Win 7 and have the latest nividia drivers+softTH 3rd party application.

It would be great if multiscreensupport would work for this game.

At this point I don't have plans to make any changes, I think we got all the bugs out. My focus now is getting the tyre physics to a releasable condition.

SoftTH is very good and clever software, but from what I hear it is not perfectly stable, so I think you need to set it up right and not try to make it do what it can't do. I don't know any more than that - you'd probably be better off talking to SoftTH users. If there is a crash or problem caused by LFS then of course I will look into it.

Quote from SamH :The closest I can get is "skaw'n". I said it wrong for ages, but I blame that on my friend in Scotland who's called "Scowan". For me, it's a fairly safe bet that "Scawen" (especially "Roberts") is a Scottish name

Sam is closest. I say it in a way that nearly rhymes with "Shaun". I don't know if it is Scottish or not, normally I say it is Cornish.
Sawn?
Quote from Scawen :At this point I don't have plans to make any changes, I think we got all the bugs out. My focus now is getting the tyre physics to a releasable condition.

Skaw'n = my Hero
uploaded a hotlap with FXR on Aston National - 98 place and when i click it, it tells me Unable to load RAF file BOSCHO_AS3_FXR_143740.raf : and the hotlap gone away from the 98 place in the list tried 2 times and the same thing happen .. and the hotlap in 137 place i think it was with the same car and track gone away too.. Z25

edit: email from Lfs Tech

Hello BOSCHO

You have recently uploaded a hotlap at www.lfsworld.net

, driven at AS3 with the FXR.

Unfortunately our additional hotlap checker did not validate your hotlap. As such it has been removed from the LFS World hotlap charts.

The reason for the invalidity was : your hotlap went Out Of Sync (OOS)

Regards,

The LFS Team

- out of sync ?

edit2: spr attached
Attached files
BOSCHO_AS3_FXR_14374.spr - 308.7 KB - 243 views
Quote from BOSCHO :- out of sync ?

edit2: spr attached

I confirm (by watching manually) there is a replay oos error at replay time 4:28.81

Why that is, I don't know - can you watch the hotlap on your computer?
Quote from Ripley :Hi.
As far as I understood, Nvidia users don't need softTH.
I am ATI myself, so don't know much about it in details...but read this post at page6:

http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?p=1297526#post1297526

Thanks for the post but the fact is that he is using XP and like I read on the forum, Vista and 7 cannot use the spanning function anymore...
I have to recheck tonight but I think in my nvidia driver that function isn't there
Quote from aroX123 :Mine! Mine!!
Not yours

Yes he is mine!
He was already mine at 16.12.2002
Bug found?

No pic needed really. Pressing 9, as everyone knows, will light up the hazard lights. The right hazard light in virtual clocks doesn't light up..
Quote from only.one.RydeR :Bug found?

No pic needed really. Pressing 9, as everyone knows, will light up the hazard lights. The right hazard light in virtual clocks doesn't light up..

Doesn't happen with me.
You pressed the wrong button maybe?
Enable your Num Pad
I'm sure I pressed 9... Will check again later.
Quote from Liquid Li0n :Thanks for the post but the fact is that he is using XP and like I read on the forum, Vista and 7 cannot use the spanning function anymore...
I have to recheck tonight but I think in my nvidia driver that function isn't there

Hi,

stretch the window over the 3 screens do not work?
For me with W7 and two screens (22" and 19"), I stretch LFS over 2 screens and it works very well, without loss of performance.
Quote from Scawen :I confirm (by watching manually) there is a replay oos error at replay time 4:28.81

Why that is, I don't know - can you watch the hotlap on your computer?

i watched the replay and i dint have any errors
I checked your replay and do get a "replay OOS error", replay freezes at 4:28 (chicane end of lap 2)
Quote from Mille Sabords :I checked your replay and do get a "replay OOS error", replay freezes at 4:28 (chicane end of lap 2)

my lfs has many mods
i think the problems are with them
i will reinstall it again and check for problems
Quote from Scawen :I don't know if it is Scottish or not, normally I say it is Cornish.

I went for a quick genealogical rummage on Google and everything I can find points to Cornwall, with much later links to Devon, London and the home counties.
This thread is closed

Live for Speed S2, version Z25
(420 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG