The online racing simulator
Martinsville Speedway (¾ scale)
(15 posts, started )
I know somebody else already had a go at this, but I felt I could do better.

Shots (click for fullscreen):

Download from here: http://lfs.thefloatingwidget.net/autocross.html

Unfortunately if I don't place a start position, LFS does permit a grid but lines up all the cars facing the wrong way, so if you want to do race with this layout, you'll have to let people join slowly, keep moving cars out the way, and then do a proper rolling start.
Great work. Glad to see my skins are being put to good use as well.
After a little testing, I've noticed it's faster to pit every lap (almost a second in the NAS), due to a lack of pitlane speed limit. Need to be wary of cheaters if you use this layout for a competition. You could add a row of cones across the pit lane to force a penalty to be given, and argue this is to simulate the time taken for the pit crew to repair the car.
All those red barriers make me Leary of running this in a competition.
The layout PMD did for this track has a handy way of getting everyone onto the track. It only takes one person to explain the process once and then all is gold.

I'm looking forward to trying this tonight though. Is it the same dimensions or different from the other layout?

Thanks Todd
This track should be 2079 feet long, or 0.394 miles, which is slightly shorter than the listed length for Fuel Filter's version. I don't think his keeps the exact proportions though, and I've made sure mine does (although I can still seem to fit more pit boxes in on the bends that I should be able to, and I'm not entirely sure why), from using the component lengths as listed on the tracks website. I didn't know that PMD had done one as well.
any oval is a good oval...
i WANT DALE JR SKIN PLZ
nice though I have to agree to toddshooter about the competition compability...

I myself am also working on a Martinsville style layout, though i do not keep the proportions. It's fun though. I'm also working on a Walt Disney World Speedway layout... but both is deeply WIP.
Quote from TFalke55 :nice though I have to agree to toddshooter about the competition compability...

I myself am also working on a Martinsville style layout, though i do not keep the proportions. It's fun though. I'm also working on a Walt Disney World Speedway layout... but both is deeply WIP.

how about fixing the slippery ramp bug so we can make a bristol layout? lol
Quote from z-ro 8 :any oval is a good oval...

Right hander Kyoto Rev? :P (Actually I'm starting to like the rev better than the standard )
Hmm, the file is there but the new webserver is not liking the filename, hence the 406 error. I'll rename the file and update the link.

Edit: done
Great thanks!

I'll try to download again.

(15 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG