The online racing simulator
#26 - Gunn
Quote from KeMoT :We don't know it yet, let's wait and see if it is worth the money.
I hope it is as good as MOMO force ( red one ) at minimum.

It's going to be around US$300 isn't it? It should be better than the red Momo, the specs listed already out-gun the Red Momo.

Presumably it has the only good feature from the DFP (large rotational range) and none of the poor features (bad ergonomics, weak motors, cheap components).

As far as the lower to mid priced market is concerned this product is long overdue.
Quote from Gunn :
Presumably it has the only good feature from the DFP (large rotational range) and none of the poor features (bad ergonomics, weak motors, cheap components).

DFP has a strong motor, pretty good ergonomics, and my Rev B00 is tough as nails.. They have a real metal bearing like the red momo, optical sensor, etc.. I still think the DFP is a good wheel.. you can get them for cheap now too.

The momo racing on the other hand- good ergonomics- (nice shifter paddles) but crappy materials and design.. no metal bearing- a big plastic bushing that wears out WAY to fast, crappy POTS in the pedals (like old DFP).. and a weaker motor than the DFP..

I doubt Logitech are going to skimp on this limited edition product.. I'll be getting one before they run out.. They will probably come out with a similar designed wheel later on that is cheaper just like the Momo force and the Momo racing.. Plus with all their prior mistakes with shoddy pots and whatnot, I think they have learned their lesson.
Quote from Gener_AL (UK) :spotted This over at www.guru3d.com

Sweet... matrox I take it.. that's a nice little set-up.
whats so great about reverse going down?
Hey, if a thead is in the wrong place, im sure a moderator will move it right? So whats the point in shouting like kids about it?

About the wheel, me no likey, I think the actuall wheel is too thin, it'd be like driving a truck. [Personal Opinion]
The thread was not necessarily about the wheel - That' s why it wasn't put in the Hardware section!!!!!

It was about the reference to 'Live for Speed' - a product that is not available in shops or had much self advertising compared to the others (most of the advertising comes from us, the community).

My original thread was a big up to the devs for creating a product that will sell itself, and not by over hyped adverts like some of the other 'sims'
Quote from sil3ntwar :whats so great about reverse going down?

It's not the reverse going down, it's the fact you have to PUSH THE SHIFTER DOWN before you can put it in reverse, like in a real car.
I have yet to see any pictures of the pedals, and more important, I've yet to read any (official) mention of the quality pots they plan to use - this being an ever present fault and complaint in the Momo.

Just saying, I'd like to hear an official "this is going to be different, because we've heard your complaints and addressed them by..."

Still, I'll be buying one. The Momo (black) isn't the greatest wheel, but for the money it's pretty good. The $100 I spent over a year ago on it is long forgotten, but I've sure had a lot of fun with it.

Incidently, they mentioned there are several buttons, just not on the wheel ( several on the shifter, they say, but I haven't seen any good pictures).

Two on the wheel is good for left and right view. If I have to reach a couple inches for the reset button, it's no big deal. Other than the views, reset and a horn I don't think I've had a use for the remaining buttons on the momo. At least none that immediatly affect driving.
if you look in the other thread in the hardware section there are more pictures there
If you want some pedal pics.. I have collected a few..

And I am sure they use metal pots at least as good as the DFP rev B00...
I want to buy that wheel.
It looks great, but the price is ******.
But anyway I WANT IT!!!
Quote from andy_bonjon :if you look in the other thread in the hardware section there are more pictures there

Thanks. I did search for G25, and this was the only thread I saw that had more than a few replies.

The pictures that BWX232 provided look very cool.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG