The online racing simulator
Cant do proper cluch
(9 posts, started )
Cant do proper cluch
Hey guys,

I need help with cluch.
Everytime i stall and i dont understand how, im new to racing games and i gotted g25 becas of this game but i cant use cluch ok.

Any tips?

thanks you, Frank
stall, when?

some replays or a description might help.
Quote from Franky.S :Hey guys,

I need help with cluch.
Everytime i stall and i dont understand how, im new to racing games and i gotted g25 becas of this game but i cant use cluch ok.

Any tips?

thanks you, Frank

well i just come off WS.D bout 10 seconds ago and no-one was stalling there lol (hes there atm maybe not now to whoever reads this)
I put auto clutch on because i always stall.

I think i stall when i pull away, when i stop and when i spin. Any tips how to stop it?
The clutch pedal works as the one you can find on a normal car.
You use the clutch whenever you want to change gears or stop the car to prevent the car from stalling.
The only way to stop it is pressing the clutch when its requested,otherwise set the autoclutch to on and don't have to bother anymore.
Quote from Franky.S :I put auto clutch on because i always stall.

I think i stall when i pull away, when i stop and when i spin. Any tips how to stop it?

In a spin, clutch in! The motor has to be disconnected from the wheels when the wheels aren't moving, such as in a spin, or coming to a stop. Otherwise it stalls because it can't move!

Out of curiosity, have you driven a real stick shift car before? I was in the same boat - when I was 16, when I drove my first manual car, I thought I knew how it worked because I'd seen my dad do it all my life - putting the clutch in and changing gear. Easy! But the first thing I did, was try to start the car without the clutch in. Okay, try again, clutch in, start the car, great! I don't remember dad ever doing that. Then I let the clutch out because I still didn't get it. Stalled the car, dad explained, okay, got it. Try again, kept the clutch in, everything running, and then I tried to set off. I used the clutch like a light switch and I did a rather impressive burnout if I do say so! Well, at least we were moving now. I drove up the road a ways in 1st gear, and now I started coming to a stop. Guess what I didn't do? Put the clutch in. Stalled again. Dad suggested that he park the car and I didn't drive a manual for another 2 years or so. Last year I learned properly with the aid of Skip Barber at Laguna Seca. They had me heel and toeing within a few minutes, and only stalled a couple of times over two days. Good school, that.
The problem with LFS clutch is that somehow the engine doesn't give enough torque. IRL you can slowly lift the clutch and the car will go (it will drive on its own if you do nothing). In LFS it will just stall.

Start with about half throttle (more is better if you want to learn in LFS), and gently lift the clutch. If you stall the engine, give more throttle or lift the clutch more slowly next time.
Quote from NightEye :The problem with LFS clutch is that somehow the engine doesn't give enough torque. IRL you can slowly lift the clutch and the car will go (it will drive on its own if you do nothing). In LFS it will just stall.

That is mostly due to gearing. In LFS all setups have a very long first gear and in real life the first gear is usually very short. This is why you have to give more throttle in LFS to prevent stalling.

Also in real life it's easier to feel if you are giving enough throttle or not. In LFS you don't notice it untill the car stalls. Pulling off gently is quite precise operation after all.
Gearing; didn't think of that. Makes sense, my bad

Cant do proper cluch
(9 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG