The online racing simulator
100fps, but real fps is about 25
(7 posts, started )
Hello,

I noticed some time ago(2 weeks) after starting lfs in windows mode lfs states it is running at 100fps. But the visuals indicate it is clearly not. estimate the fps is 25 at maximun and lfs is nearly unplayable. Setting lfs full screen and back fixes the problem. It is not reproducible in the sense you get it everytime, but now and then lfs starts up with this framerate issue and going full screen and back fixes the problem. So i asume it is a bug in lfs or the graphics driver?

directx 11
9.10 catalyst drivers
ati 4890
amd [email protected]
8gbyte mem 1333Mhz 6-6-6-22
no-one having this issue in vista/windows7?
Just a suspicion, are you running Aero? If so, turn it off and try again. Might be the VSync Aero enforces, coupled with lack of tripple buffering, you'd have the symptoms you describe. Except, it shouldn't state 100 then, but give it a try anyway
Without areo and with aero, windows desktop is always 30fps. In games/movies it limits it to vSycn (usually 60fps). Maybe try to reconnect ur monitor/reinstall drivers (+monitor if needed/available). Im assuming that the monitor is not detected correctly and it works on 30fps max. Depends, does other games work higher than 30fps?
When LFS says it runs at 100fps, it most likely does. Are you sure you're not rather experiencing some stuttering which causes your PC to freeze for a very small time, so you feel it as if your fps was low? Check your background processes and do an antivirus scan if possible.
It really is lfs stating running 100fps while windowed. cpu-load less then 25%(lfs does not need much cpu power)

Switching to full screen and back solves the problem. Today i have been able to reproduce it several times by letting lfs run in de minimized and than open it again. After several hours of running minimized lfs is showing this minor problem again.

Graphics drivers are latest official catalyst drivers. windows itself 100% up-to-date, aero is disabled.

edit: I have limited lfs to run at maximum of 100fps, it conserves considerable amount of energy.
Fraps is showing 100 fps aswell?

(7 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG