The online racing simulator
Splititn files?
(3 posts, started )
Splititn files?
hm is there any way of splittin a file into 2 parts and rejoinging them together later? like say if i have a file ( an iso for example ) and its big, i want to divide the file in half so it can fit on a cd and alter rejoin them into the one iso file?
not iso specifically but any files.
thanks!
Almost any popular compressing software can do that, including Winzip and WinRAR (probably their free equivalents too, but I can't say from experience).

Get a WinRAR trial, right-click on the file(s) you want compressed and split and select 'Add to Archive'. In the bottom left enter an amount in the 'split to volumes, bytes' field.
Quote from NotAnIllusion :Almost any popular compressing software can do that, including Winzip and WinRAR (probably their free equivalents too, but I can't say from experience).

Get a WinRAR trial, right-click on the file(s) you want compressed and split and select 'Add to Archive'. In the bottom left enter an amount in the 'split to volumes, bytes' field.

Thank you very much for the quick relpy, i never knew i can do that, i always thought add to archive and those programs were mainly compression tools, and thought you needed something more to be able to split them up.
thanks again!

Splititn files?
(3 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG