The online racing simulator
Gran Turismo on the PSP!
(13 posts, started )
Gran Turismo on the PSP!
Anyone else got it? Over 850 cars is quite fun . Don't get tempted by the GT by Citroen - I bought it when I had spent ages saving for a Bugatti Veyron and wasted 2000000 credits. I'll film a YouTube video review and post it .
I haev it. Quite nice!
Yeah, drift trialling is fun. There is a career mode (nearly) - the whole thing. You can't just pick it up and race a Bugatti Veyron.
Is it practically a GT4 clone or are there many new things?
Quote from Stefani24 :Is it practically a GT4 clone or are there many new things?

Pretty much yeah, Without a a proper career mode and tuning, an added Drift mode, some new cars and thats about it

Still its a great game
i have it but sadly there's no proper multiplayer.
Didn't it have Infrastructure mode?
just for trading cars and such.
The con: It's basically GT4 with some stuff thrown in that you can carry around.

The pro: It's basically GT4 with some stuff thrown in that you can carry around!
More fun and probably more realistic than Gran Turismo 4 (which is awful, the worst of the series by some margin imo), thankfully. That's what I was expecting it to be, but taking into account the lack of a proper "career mode", the 4 cars on track max, no night time, and other little things, GTPSP is far better imo.

I know it's just a GT game and it's only on a portable gaming system with one crappy "analogue" nub and digital buttons for brake and throttle, but taking those things in to account it seriously is impressive. The car behaviour is spot on, and I get the same satisfaction from "driving" quickly in GTPSP as I have done from any other console racer where I'm using a control pad. Super smooth graphics only let down by washed out textures, but the cars look really nice and the cockpit view is also actually very good. "Squint and it looks real" replays too, with GTs unsurpassed camera angles, replays that are actually worth watching.

I rarely touch my PSP, which I only have in the first place because I bought it dirt cheap, and I certainly wouldn't sit at home playing this, but this game really surprised me, full marks.
Damn, I lost my PSP-3000 with GTPSP in it! Damn...
Quote from shaun463 :Damn, I lost my PSP-3000 with GTPSP in it! Damn...

just found my psp, theirs nothing inside the shell of it... WTF!
Found mine again . I might sell a non-working PSP-1000 if anyone is interested.

Gran Turismo on the PSP!
(13 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG