The online racing simulator
Why abs ?
I do not interesting to the abs on a simulated car.

The double strike on boxes without sync would be much better.
Not sure anyone suggested it, quick google search came up with nothing.

I think that ABS on/off and TC on/off should be switched in places in garage, when FZ5 is selected. Right now it's:

Maximum brake force and balance
TC on/off
TC settings
ABS on/off.
Quote from MattsterGT :will all cars except SS have that in Z23? or will it be S3?

thx for the patch

I doubt it will be in the next patch, but in the final test patch (e.g. Z30) there could be those updates.
Quote from Fox 2 :Not sure anyone suggested it, quick google search came up with nothing.

I think that ABS on/off and TC on/off should be switched in places in garage, when FZ5 is selected. Right now it's:

Maximum brake force and balance
TC on/off
TC settings
ABS on/off.

Wrong thread mate. Try here if you want to make a suggestion:
http://www.lfsforum.net/forumdisplay.php?f=8
Quote from Scawen :Hi, your post was on my notes from Z20.

Can you explain a bit more how it is buggy when the camera is paused? What are you trying to do anyway, is it to play back camera movements through InSim to make a video?

I think there is some way to do it, not actually pausing LFS, but using a time stop packet, then you can step forward LFS time in a controlled way. See SMALL_TMS and SMALL_STP. Or maybe you can use the IS_RIP packet.

Anyway, if you give a detailed description of exactly what you are trying to do, what you do, and what happens, I could have a look to see if there is a quick fix.

About the replay slider, I'm not sure what you mean. I can see it in SHIFT+U mode if I press SPACE to hide the buttons. There are 3 SHIFT+F states, and in one of them, all text is invisible but the replay slider is still visible.

Hello,

I'll try to explain better. Actually, with my application, i record different camera position. For this, i move the camera several times in user mode and each time, i store the informations received by IS_CPP packet. Then, i change IS_CPP.Time for each record and i return all packets modified to LFS to make a "movie". This works fine. The problem is that if i try to send this informations while LFS is paused (a bit like, MATRIX style effect ), the camera moving is not good. Pos X,Y,Z and Time are misinterpreted by LFS.
Maybe I doing something wrong and perhaps there is another solution to make this ... In any case, this is not very important, I just wanted to draw your attention over here, you're probably the more important things to do...

About slider... it's me that is buggy !

Thanks,
Bye
Quote from Dmt :I though the movie will explain everything.. can you see the cars are lagging? not moving smoothly. And I recorded in 0.125 , so you can SEE it BETTER.

Unokeva used to talk about how recording in .125 creates this issue. I do think it needs to be resolved, but it's always been a little jumper than .250 for some weird reason.

Gegry1992, your example is a codec issue. It will do that even if the film is 60 FPS, the only thing that will change is how big the blur area around the objects is. You can change this in your project properties, or simply render them in the preview quality format.
oh
wmv suxx . hd codec dont like it
Quote from Rascar13 :The only modification there is an edited rim .dds

exactly. I guess he just saw that i'm a demo user and wanted to find something to nit-pick on me.
-
(Dmt) DELETED by Dmt
#234 - Dmt
Quote from Dmt :Scawen, is it possible to get rid of this lag?
It would improve movies quality a lot and makes your eye relaxed.
Recorded it on low speed cause then its the best to spot the lag.

Here is the video - http://www.upload.ee/files/239835/annoying.wmv.html

Are you using Windows 7?

I think this does not happen in XP. I'm using W7 too, but the first time I play to LFS on W7 I see a strange "lag" on the image at normal speed. Now seeing your video I think it is what saw. I will try now in XP
Quote from N.OzolS :exactly. I guess he just saw that i'm a demo user and wanted to find something to nit-pick on me.

+1000

@hotmail: Are you sure you know what patch is released and which are the new addons in it????
Quote from Napalm Candy :Are you using Windows 7?

I think this does not happen in XP. I'm using W7 too, but the first time I play to LFS on W7 I see a strange "lag" on the image at normal speed. Now seeing your video I think it is what saw. I will try now in XP

I tried, and it is not related to Windows 7, so in XP is the same.

But I found another 'bug', it is minor.

When I open the test patch on XP (unlocked on W7), the last combination what I was playing was FOX@Fe Gold, so I try to add AI Players and giveme an error in loop, I don't remember exactly the message but say that it can't to add AI driver, and show this messages every second, in this state no button work and I have to close LFS, after openning no problem, that's what I say it is a minor bug.
#238 - Dmt
Yea im on W7 64x

Few more people have tested and they have the same lag.
-
(Shadowww) DELETED by the_angry_angel
-
(Ferroc) DELETED by the_angry_angel
-
(Gegry1992) DELETED by the_angry_angel
-
(N.OzolS) DELETED by the_angry_angel
-
(Shadowww) DELETED by the_angry_angel
-
(N.OzolS) DELETED by the_angry_angel
Quote from Gegry1992 :Two delete button
Torol = Delete

Kalmi has now changed the clear button to "Tiszta".

Quote from Dmt :Scawen, is it possible to get rid of this lag?
It would improve movies quality a lot and makes your eye relaxed.
Recorded it on low speed cause then its the best to spot the lag.

Here is the video - http://www.upload.ee/files/239835/annoying.wmv.html

It's possible but quite a big project. The LFS physics run at 100 Hz so what you are seeing is 0.01 second steps in time. Currently this is not interceptible. What you want is to see car positions between physics steps, or part way through physics steps.

A related issue exists watching LFS in real time on a normal 60 Hz display. If the monitor runs at 100 Hz you can watch one LFS physics step per frame, and if it was at 50 Hz you could see 2 physics steps per frame. So that would be smooth. But at 60 Hz there is a different time step between frames. This issue would also be solved by adding the ability to draw the cars in between physics steps.

So... no, it's not something I can so at this time although it is possible and would be a nice thing to do one day.
-
(andRo.) DELETED by andRo.
-
(PioneerLv) DELETED by the_angry_angel
Is it something you plan on giving a go in the future tho?
It's not that big of importance really, just asking out of curiousty.. wrong spelled, you know - wondering..
So, since LFS runs at 100Hz, running my monitors at 75 is better than 60, correct?
Would that not give you 4 physics every 3 frames...? Dunno, on the wine
It'll take less frames to match up than 60Hz would; in theory. I could be way off base, though. I'm far too tired for brain.
#244 - Dmt
Just tested on 75Hz, effect is the same.
I would like to know that too, since I don't see a difference in 'smoothness' between 60 and 75 hz.
Quote from Scawen :It's possible but quite a big project. The LFS physics run at 100 Hz so what you are seeing is 0.01 second steps in time. Currently this is not interceptible. What you want is to see car positions between physics steps, or part way through physics steps.

A related issue exists watching LFS in real time on a normal 60 Hz display. If the monitor runs at 100 Hz you can watch one LFS physics step per frame, and if it was at 50 Hz you could see 2 physics steps per frame. So that would be smooth. But at 60 Hz there is a different time step between frames.

It is for this reason that 60Hz is a populate rate for console racing games, as it means you either get exactly 1 or 2 steps between frames (depending on the games target framerate), for smoother racing. For console sims, they use a multiple of 60Hz, like Forza which uses 360Hz.
Same here, but that does suggest that 50Hz would be better still...but yeah, 60 must be dire I would have thought.

EDIT: Forgot to quote Maggot
Options - View

Look function: steer

Rotate view: doesn't work.
Quote from ADX.14 :Options - View

True!
doesnt work here too!
Quote from ADX.14 :Options - View

Neither here.
I donwloaded Patch Z and it isn't working either on it.
Did you forget something Scawen?
This thread is closed

Test Patch Z22 / Z25 (online compatible)
(492 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG