The online racing simulator
Quote from AstroBoy :Btw does anyone have a list of cars you get given when you level up?

Haven't found one yet. I could write a list of them of what i've won so far. That's if that level up list is in 'my profile' section like on FM2. I'll have a look in a little while.

E: Can't find the list. I don't fancy starting the game again to find them all out.
Level 40 - Konegsigg (sp) CCGT
Quote from beefyman666 :Left my 131 pretty standard, just made it my nice F class. Gonna try the Alfa GTA Stradale soon, that looks like it would be on par with the 131.

Talking of Alfa's, just took this pic of the 8C which I think is tasty.

That picture looks terrible... the wall has no depth, the bushes actually look like they're just a texture placed on a plane, and it's too grey! It's like concrete mashing into concrete...
if you're looking for the photography thread, this ain't it. It's about the CAR, not the photo.
Quote from senn :Level 40 - Konegsigg (sp) CCGT

That must be one of the funniest ways of writing Koenigsegg that i've seen so far
Quote from Fuse5 :That must be one of the funniest ways of writing Koenigsegg that i've seen so far

There's so many letters in that name, if u only get 1/4 of them, you still get the message across as to which manufacturer you are trying to describe.
True, and you can also get the point across in most cases when you keep the first and last letter in a word, and switch the places for the rest.
Doesn't necessarily make it right though :P
Nothing too personal.
Full prize list below

1. 2010 Fiat Abarth 500 esseesse
2. 2009 Alfa Romeo Brera Italia Independent
3. 2009 Volkswagen Scirocco GT
4. 2003 Ranault Sport Clio V6
5. 2009 Ford Focus RS
6. 2004 Vauxhall VX220 Turbo
7. 2007 Ford Shelby GT500
8. 2008 Maserati GranTurismo
9. 2010 Chevrolet Camaro SS
10. 2006 Lotus Exige Cup 240
11. 2009 BMW Motorsport M5 E60
12. 2009 Lexus IS F
13. 2007 SEAT Leon Supercup
14. 2005 Honda NSX-R GT
15. 2009 Ferrari California
16. 2009 Jaguar XKR-S
17. 2002 BMW Motorsport M3-GTR
18. 2007 Peugeot Super 2000
19. 2007 Alfa Romeo 8C Competizione
20. 2010 Audi R8 5.2 FSI quattro
21. 2005 Ford Ford GT
22. 2009 Mercedes SL 65 AMG Black Series
23. 2005 TVR Sagaris
24. 2008 Porsche 911 GT2 (997)
25. 2008 Lamborghini Reventon
26. 2002 Nissan MINE'S R34 Skyline GT-R
27. 2006 Ferrari 599 GTB Fiorano
28. 2006 Lamborghini Miura Concept
29. 2008 Dodge Viper SRT10 ACR
30. 2009 Bugatti Veyron 16.4
31. 2009 Holdon #2 Commodore VG
32. 2006 Ferrari #62 Risi Competizone F430GT
33. 2008 Porsche #45 Flying Lizard 911 GT3-RSR
34. 2009 BMW Motorsport #92 Rahal Letterman Racing M3 GT2
35. 2005 Ferrari FXX
36. 2007 Chevrolet #4 Corvette C6.R
37. 2008 Nissan #23 XANAVI NISMO GT-R
38. 2006 Aston Martin #007 Aston Martin Racing DBR9
39. 2008 Lexus #6 Eneos SC430
40. 2008 Konigsegg CCGT
41. 1997 McLaren #43 F1 GTR
42. 2005 Maserati #15 JMB Racing MC12
43. 1998 Porsche #26 AG 911 GT1-98
44. 2003 Saleen #2 Konrad Motorsports S7R
45. 2008 Porsche #7 Penske Racing RS Spyder Evo
46. 2009 Mazda #16 Dyson Racing B09/86
47. 2006 Audi #2 Audi Sport North America R8
48. 2009 Acura #66 de Ferran Motorsports ARX-02a
49. 2006 Audi #8 Audi Sport Team Joest Audi R10 TDi
50. 2009 Peugeot #9 Peugeot Sport Total 908
Quote from lukelfs :When you recieve it, can you tell me how the wheel is?

Thanks

sure but probably wont be recieving the wheel at first.. shop gets it 3.nov.. not expecting much from the wheel
Quote from danowat :Full prize list below

48. 2009 Acura #66 de Ferran Motorsports ARX-02a

I want this!!!
I'm seriously considering getting an Xbox just for Forza :hyper:
Quote from brandons48 :I'm seriously considering getting an Xbox just for Forza :hyper:

+1
I think i´ll get it next month when more money comes in the house
And why not? I got a PS3 for LittleBigPlanet
There's plenty of other games that are worth picking up once you've made that initial jump.

I'm currently working on a cool FM3 logo based paint job for the Mazda 3. Looking pretty damn sweet right now. Will obviously post up pics and pimp it on my Storefront when it's done. But I only started this morning since I was out all weekend.

Annoyingly the issues with flipping decal jobs between left and right sides still exists, although significantly smaller than in FM2.
Hey guys, im hoping this doesnt start immaturity, but seriously, im considering if its worth it, getting it + an xbox.

Hows the game compared to LFS and GT5P? I know you cant compare a prologue with a complete game, and same with LFS. But still how would you guys compare it?

Thanks.
It depends what you're looking for.
Please note that I don't use a wheel with my consoles so my opinion only counts on stock equipment.

In terms of complete race customisability and a 99% immersive driving experience, LFS is still king. The only other game I've played which matches it in terms of believability is RBR.

In terms of racing, both Forza and GT have their merits. The rubber-banding in GT5 means you're always in the competition, even if you suck. You might never win, but you'll be among other cars. GT5 replicates the LFS feeling of "driving on glass" better than Forza does - whether that's realistic or not I couldn't say since I've never driven these cars IRL.
The AI in Forza 3 means the field is pretty believable on the harder difficulty, and the new "pressure" system means that they do make mistakes. In fact, this morning I watched a brilliant race event happen in front of me as one AI car ran wide and skidded into another car, then they both fought side by side for the leading spot into the next corner. Really interesting to watch, and much more immersive than flawless driving on a perfect line.

When it comes to customising, Forza 3 takes the cake. LFS is good because you can Photoshop your skins, but the decal editor is a pretty worthy alternative. And there are so many options for parts upgrades that finding the right combination for your driving style is easy. Or let the game do it for you with the quick option.

Graphics have been argued to death. I think the in-game graphics between FM3 and GT5(full) are pretty even, tilted slightly in favour of GT5 due to the PS3's better graphics chip.

It's not a great idea to buy an entire platform for just one game though. Investigate the others you'd be interested in and then make a decision.
[QUOTE=aoun;1293913Hows the game compared to LFS and GT5P? I know you cant compare a prologue with a complete game, and same with LFS. But still how would you guys compare it?

Thanks.[/QUOTE]

Graphically, GT5 is better, no bones about it.

GT5 isn't out yet, so I can only compare to GT5p, physics, sounds and customization blow GT5p out of the water by a big margin.

As to compare it to LFS, LFS'es multiplayer is better, and the physics are, on the whole, better, but FM3 is so much more fun.

Personally, I can see FM3 is going to take a HELL of a lot of my free time, its a really good game, its not perfect by any means, but in terms of physics, I think its the best available on the console.

In terms of customization and personalization, there is nothing that betters it.
So, Xbox, have all the issues been ironed out? Like RRoD etc.? They were the problems that caused me to swing for the PS3 in the first place.

If the problems have been fixed, it might be worth a go

And it means I can come race with you guys :P
The RRoD issue was fixed with the redesign with the Jasper chip, a year or so ago. There's been another model release since then too, so it's pretty unlikely these days. That said, there's never a guarantee it won't overheat and die, but MS will fix that for you, totally free for 3 years after purchase.
Quote from brandons48 :So, Xbox, have all the issues been ironed out? Like RRoD etc.? They were the problems that caused me to swing for the PS3 in the first place.

If the problems have been fixed, it might be worth a go

And it means I can come race with you guys :P

they are a hell of a lot more reliable than the old ones. Make sure you get one that was made after november 2008 though as any before are the old model
Sweet - Might have to save up monies over Christmas and birthdays :P

Is the Elite worth it? Or should I just get the premium?
Go with the biggest hard drive you can afford. 120 or 250 will probably last you the life of the console. My 20Gb is nearly full and I have to regularly clear out stuff I'd rather keep. I won a digital copy of Ninja Gaiden Black but had to delete it because it ate 7 gigs of space.
Quote from Luke.S :they are a hell of a lot more reliable than the old ones. Make sure you get one that was made after november 2008 though as any before are the old model

Hehehe, Dustin / Boris, over to you!!!!

Theres a 250GB Forza 3 bundle.
Quote from danowat :Hehehe, Dustin / Boris, over to you!!!!

Theres a 250GB Forza 3 bundle.

How much? I may have to keep it in mind

edit@ nvm, found link
Quote from brandons48 :Sweet - Might have to save up monies over Christmas and birthdays :P

Is the Elite worth it? Or should I just get the premium?

I would just go for a 60gb premium
I added the link to my post

Forza Motorsports 3
(3388 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG