The online racing simulator

Poll : What brand GPU do you have?

nVidia
ATi
Integrated GPU
Quote from Gabkicks :I sold my ATi visiontek HD 4850 and bought a Sapphire HD 5850

Hows the HD 5850 going? What CPU have you got coupled with that? What are the benchmarks on some of the 'hardcore' games?

Thinking of buying one
Quote from samforey12345 :Hows the HD 5850 going? What CPU have you got coupled with that? What are the benchmarks on some of the 'hardcore' games?

Thinking of buying one

I got huge gains in crysis. LFS got a little boost too . I gain more from OC'ing my cpu than putting in a new graphics card in GTA IV, though. All the other games run silky smooth now. I was going to do a full writeup, but you can see the benchmark results here:

http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=621875
Looks nice, is it worth getting a 5870?
if you've've got a 4850, 9800gt, or 250, you'll see a nice jump in framerates. the 5850 is faster than a 285gtx in many games, and the 5870 blows it away. the cards are selling like crazy. I don't really regret my purchase, but it wasn't my most mature decision considering my current financial situation.

lol, @ this

nvidia 9500GT - ticks over alright and my pc is mainly a htpc so no need for a stellar card.
Just got myself HD5850 == Guys is it normal that lfs works slower on that than on my old gf9600? I guess no.. Now where is the answer to make it go faster...
Quote from kamo2000 :Just got myself HD5850 == Guys is it normal that lfs works slower on that than on my old gf9600? I guess no.. Now where is the answer to make it go faster...

GeForce 9600 has hidden GTX 295 inside.
Quote from kamo2000 :Just got myself HD5850 == Guys is it normal that lfs works slower on that than on my old gf9600? I guess no.. Now where is the answer to make it go faster...

OK, just an assumtion here: Maybe you got excited and increased the graphics levels for the new card, but your CPU is now bottlenecked so the whole game is running slower perhaps?

If you put your graphincs levels to exactly the same as when you had your 9600GT installed, it should run a little better at least.

What's your CPU model/type?
try using driversweeper to wipe all nvidia and ati stuff off of ur pc. then reinstal the ati drivers. Also, you can use the 9600 as a physx card if you install the fix to enable physix. Nvidia is evil and disabled it. but there is a fix out there to re-enable physx if you use an ATi as your main card.
#261 - WSR
On a hardware forum I visit, there's been several people having performance issues with ATI HD 5000 series cards on Windows XP.

Apparently the XP driver is bugged for those cards at the moment.

If XP isn't the problem, then maybe wait until a new driver update from ATI.
Sry for giving such little details. Here's more info:
My current rig : phenom II x4 945 @ 3GHz ( no oc yet)
4GB ddr A-data cl7
And Asus r HD5850
XP sp3

Everything that uses 3d has a very noticable boost in fps/performance except lfs. I'm using 9.10 driver latest from the amd site for win xp.

Comparison: Older pc:
Phenom II x3 720 be oc to 3.6GHz
Goodram 4gb ddr3 cl9
And GF 9600GT
both systems using the same mobo: gigabyte ma770t-ud3p

On old rig i got about 250 fps alone with all settings maxed out and about 80-90 on full server.
With new rig fps dropped to 170 alone and 70-90 on full server.
I know it's far too good to cry but i'm really interested in the reason why it happened in the first place.

More info: I didn't changed the system after last rig just changed display drivers(unnninstalled nvidia first). Didn't had time to check fresh install of lfs too. I'll do that today and if i have time i'll do a format and clean install of new system.

EDIT:

Did a clean Z install fps is almost the same as on old rig (should be much better imho) Patched it up to Z22 and fps droped to the same value as my normal lfs install. :/
No wonder, first ATI release new cards, then all year they fix drivers.

Format and oc didn't helped so the only thing left are the drivers yes. Sad as only lfs suffers from fps loss. Everything else works superb :/
Quote from kamo2000 :Format and oc didn't helped so the only thing left are the drivers yes. Sad as only lfs suffers from fps loss. Everything else works superb :/

Not only LFS, all DX8 games do.
I don't care about other dx8 games.
Yeah but I told you it's not LFS fault, it's fault of ATI's DX8 implementation.
True.. There's a beta version of new drivers (reported as a improvement overall)so i'm going to check them out.. Just checked that while playing 16h race replay my gpu was using 25% of it's power..

EDIT:
I just launched lfs just to practice to olfsl..boom 340 fps...shock passed i checked that my pedals where used as combined..so i turned off lfs went to control panel and made them separate.. launch lfs again and boom 200 fps....wth is going on i don't know really.
Quote from Gabkicks :I got huge gains in crysis. LFS got a little boost too . I gain more from OC'ing my cpu than putting in a new graphics card in GTA IV, though. All the other games run silky smooth now. I was going to do a full writeup, but you can see the benchmark results here:

http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=621875

Thanks for that. Seems like a pretty awesome card, and it'd be a birthday present so all sounds good.

Thanks again.
holy....... want!
Quote from Shadowww :Did they made 4000W PSU already?

They use alot less then 4 295, that's for sure.
And according to most sites, one 5870, use 188W maxed. So 4 of them would be 752. But that's not the way you calculate it, so it should be less then that. 2 295's already use such much power.
Quote from Bose321 :They use alot less then 4 295, that's for sure.
And according to most sites, one 5870, use 188W maxed. So 4 of them would be 752. But that's not the way you calculate it, so it should be less then that. 2 295's already use such much power.

Don't care about 2 year old 295's. Why won't you compare Windows 7 to Windows 3.11? 3.11 is much faster, seriously. Oh wait.
I just compare to their fastest card. wouldn't make sense to compare with a 1xx version, or whatever

What brand GFX card do you have?
(285 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG