The online racing simulator
Ability to 'lock' LFS?
(16 posts, started )
Ability to 'lock' LFS?
Yo,

I installed LFS and unlocked it on my work PC, and have now left, but the account is still being played on that machine - is there any way to re-lock the game on that PC?

OR is it a case of unlocked = always unlocked?
#2 - e.M
go to licence window and just press lock lfs(back to demo)
Quote from e.M :go to licence window and just press lock lfs(back to demo)

Mind you, the number of unlocks available is limited to a maximum of 2 and you only get one every friday. A better solutions would be to use the Vista/Win7 parental control thingy to set a password for LFS. Think that should be possible, though I don't know how exactly.
Change your Game password maybe?
Quote from Becky Rose :Change your Game password maybe?

I think that requires unlocking, not sure though
No it does not.

Just go to the Licence screen and edit your GAME PASSWORD.

Then click OK then click BACK.

Then LFS cannot be used online.

But the thing is you must get to that PC directly to remove the password. You can't deny that PC's access via LFS world or anything. Hope you didn't unlock a PC in an internet cafe in another country. If so, go onto LFS.net and change your GAME PASSWORD. Then the other computer won't be able to use that account ONLINE and potentially harm your account's reputation. It will still be unlocked and have access to S2 content (offline), but if you can't physically get to the PC then it's going to remain that way.

edit:
Oh wait, you said it's your PC at work and the account is still being accessed. OKAY gotcha. Just change your GAME PASSWORD on LFS.net. To get onto LFS.net use your FORUM (WEB) PASSWORD then choose Account details in the login area. Then you can get into the form to change your GAME PASSWORD. That will stop them playing online with your account.
I take it you cant get access to works pc? Anybody you can ask at old work to lock ?
Apart from that I think you might have to wait till next update to force an unlock if password change doesnt work
:doh: You're not ever going back? I thought you just, you know, left for today.
Well in that case you should change your game pass.
Move files f1.xyz, f2.xyz and f3.xyz from \data\misc to another location - now you have demo. Move this files back (and overwrite) to back to S2.
If that is so, wow.. no need for unlocks anymore
Those files are locked to your hardware + Windows Product ID.
-
(K0Z3L_43V3R) DELETED by K0Z3L_43V3R
Quote from Shadowww :Those files are locked to your hardware + Windows Product ID.

no they are not.
Change game password in lfs.net and webpassword
Quote from -NightFly- :ffs, i removed them myself yesterday...

No-one said you couldn't (re)move them. They are created to reflect the system configuration of the system the client was unlocked on, preventing people from simply sharing their unlock files to circumvent the licencing system.
Try using .xyz files generated on one machine on another one, they will not match the system properties of the new machine and LFS will stay locked even with the .xyz files present and S1 Mode set to 1 or 2.

Ability to 'lock' LFS?
(16 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG