The online racing simulator
iRacing
(13603 posts, closed, started )
Quote from PMD9409 :As previously posted.

Guess Gnomie's choice of words misled me I was expecting real money off the purchase, less money flying out my wallet, the real deal.

Virtual cash? if it's so valuable... well... they can keep it.
Quote from buck77 :do you guys know when is the next update with new car/track going to be?

This season ends October 26th, so sometime in the 7 days after that.
Quote from NightShift :Guess Gnomie's choice of words misled me I was expecting real money off the purchase, less money flying out my wallet, the real deal.

Virtual cash? if it's so valuable... well... they can keep it.

As long as you spend $40 or more each year on content (two tracks + a car, or thereabouts) it's as good as "real money". Or if you don't buy any content at all, you can spend the credit towards next year's membership.
This is awesome, just in time for my Fanatec! I'll definitely be subbing when it gets here. Participation rewards are an awesome idea. Attendance will go through the roof I'm sure.
I almost fell for it until i realized that now you don't get any credit with a years sub you're actually $3 a year worse off than how it is now.

Classic bit of marketing. Give with one hand, take away with the other

Still, great to hear content prices are far more like they should have been to begin with.
Quote from The Moose :I almost fell for it until i realized that now you don't get any credit with a years sub you're actually $3 a year worse off than how it is now.

Ohhhhh, now that's naughty!
Alright...who's going to chain up my VISA now?
Ah but you do get upto $40 of credit back if you compete in at least 8 of 12 weeks each season in a series.
Quote from The Moose :At those prices even I'm tempted to sign up again.

Stay strong, nkpro for the world

Quote from The Moose :I almost fell for it until i realized that now you don't get any credit with a years sub you're actually $3 a year worse off than how it is now.

Still, great to hear content prices are far more like they should have been to begin with.

That is not exactly true if you count the possible companisation for taking part in official racing of max $40. And the content is also cheaper so that credit is more value.

So basically you get the credit if you participate.
It is still not a cheap experience compared to nkpro/LFS
and it's an "in your pocket" price reduction. $3 dollars is not really here or there and you'll save more than that the first time you buy a car or track with the new lower prices. im actually very tempted by the 2 year subscription price, sure it may go down in price again but its currently not much more than a 12 month one was last month and once it's bought you'll soon forget about the cost and the only costs will be for content
Quote from SpikeyMarcoD :That is not exactly true if you count the possible companisation for taking part in official racing of max $40.

That's irrelevant. They announced the credit for participation a while ago, before these reductions were even thought about. so it would have been $156 -$60 credit -$40 participation credit = $56. Now it's $99 - $40 participation credit = $ 59

It's nothing more than superb marketing, making the entry fees look a third cheaper than it was.

Obviously i was being a little unfair saying it was more expensive as the cheaper content would have got you more content for your credit, but it's not the huge saving on a years subs they are making it out to be, that's a fact

All good though. If it gets more people through the doors that's all that matters. It can only be good for the service .
Quote from The Moose :They announced the credit for participation a while ago

So what if they announced it a while ago? It has still only just come into action, giving us a saving from now on compared to the old prices.

It's about friggin time they lowered the prices, I'm glad I held off buying lots of content before now. Great news.
Quote from DaveWS :So what if they announced it a while ago? It has still only just come into action, giving us a saving from now on compared to the old prices.

It's about friggin time they lowered the prices, I'm glad I held off buying lots of content before now. Great news.

Well if you bought recently there is a payback agreement of some kind depending on that gap between anouncement and your buy.
Quote from The Moose : It's nothing more than superb marketing, making the entry fees look a third cheaper than it was.

It was really just terrible marketing in the first place. They made the subscriptions look more expensive than they needed to be, which isn't exactly the smartest thing to do considering your sim is ALREADY priced higher than everything else out there. The new pricing model is what they should have used from the beginning.

I can't help but laugh when I see people on the iRacing forum talking about how great of a deal the old way was with the "free iRacing credits" they were getting. I guess they don't realize they were just loaning iRacing money. Then when you point that out to them, you get called out for whining. Actually, any time you ever say anything negative over there you're a whiner, even if all you're doing is stating the facts.

oh well, I'm happy
Quote from Gnomie :As long as you spend $40 or more each year on content (two tracks + a car, or thereabouts) it's as good as "real money". Or if you don't buy any content at all, you can spend the credit towards next year's membership.

The latter is certainly a good thing but to get those 40$ I'd be forced to play regularly and planning my gaming/simracing choices 2 years in advance.

It's still too rigid a structure IMO. As for content, I'm still largely uninterested in their mostly american car lineup.

Quote from SpikeyMarcoD :It is still not a cheap experience compared to nkpro/LFS

Yep but they're updating their product at a much higher rate than the competition, so it seems reasonable that they charge more.

Problem is they charge a lot more and with a braindamaged pricing structure, especially in relation with the actual prices. I mean a subscription+extras model may make sense if the extras are cheap compared to the subscription, or viceversa - but they are pricing them too close IMO.
Quote from bbman :So, is everybody still busy drooling over the Corvette pics why nobody has posted them yet?

For all those who don't get into the member forums, here are two screenies:

http://www.virtualr.net/wp-content/gallery/1963/c6r1.jpg
http://www.virtualr.net/wp-content/gallery/1963/c6r2.jpg

Hotlink denied.

You can see them here: http://www.virtualr.net/iracin ... orvette-c6-r-screenshots/

I can't wait to drive the Corvette, but as far as the drooling goes the iRacing graphics engine still makes the cars look flat.
one tip for those anti-hotlink things is to view the main page, then go to the linked image... but it seems virtualr don't allow that either.

could you upload them somewhere?
One of the iRacing guys posted the Week 13 schedule today, and said the Corvette would be racing at Mosport and the Indy Car will be at Indy "when the build comes out" during Week 13 so we'll be able to drive them some time next week.
For you filthy non-iRacing members
Attached images
c6r1.jpg
c6r2.jpg
The day is getting closer and closer!

CANT WAIT TO DRIVE THIS BABY THROUGH MOSPORT CORNERS! \o/
the car looks nice, the buildings the bg look nice, but the sand and the grass look like ass.
This thread is closed

iRacing
(13603 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG