The online racing simulator
Quote from legoflamb :Firstly, the title of the thread is Gran Turismo 5, it is simply a thread about GT5. It is not titled:

"GT5 is the best game ever to come into existence, and if you don't have anything good to say then don't post at all."

Also "its my party and I'll cry if I want to"

By not buying the game, and informing other people why they should do the same will help PD progress in the GT series by showing them they are doing something wrong. It tells them they have to change their product. If you keep buying crap, they'll keep selling you crap. I have always wanted GT to be the best game out there ever since I first started playing GT2, and, because of their budget, I still do. But if they keep passing crap as a real driving simulator, I wont have any of it. However, I still want them to make a real driving simulator as the title implies. Until then, I'll keep playing my GTR, Forza, or what ever the hell I like.

Gran Turismo's marketing is based off of deep vagueness as they can deny anything that can't be proven as a "cast iron guarantee." This is why the LFS devs try to be incognito about future development plans. Otherwise you get people like me that are thoroughly disappointed with the focus of development.

I know they never said they would have oil leaks in the game, however it was implied, which is a form of false advertisement. It just can not be prosecuted, but to continue, oil leaks implies damage. I hope everyone can remember this commercial.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v ... LzLsE&feature=related

An aired commercial is not quite gossip.

I only give criticism where criticism is due. I have learned to receive it as well. If it is tiresome to read opinions you don't like then don't read them. Continue buying PD's crap.

I agree LFS has its faults, however the intentions of the LFS devs is way more apparent, than the intentions of PD, that they are not just trying to sell you crap. They seem to strive and make an affordable racing simulator, for all intents and purposes.

you my friend, holly crap, RESPECT... i agree with everything you wrote, except with the part of

"I have always wanted GT to be the best game out there ever since I first started playing GT2, and, because of their budget, I still do."

because if gt didnt get better after forza, i mean, after playing forza (fm1) i never wanted to touch any gt games, just feel disgusting, just LFS satisfy my fever of racing now until i get a real car again
Quote from jnr89 :... ...if gt didnt get better after forza, i mean, after playing forza (fm1) i never wanted to touch any gt games, just feel disgusting, just LFS satisfy my fever of racing now until i get a real car again

Just Imagine what PD could do with the GT series if they were pushed in to the right direction. They have such a large consumer base that they can afford to get licensing on 500+ cars and some number of tracks! If that money went into their physics development team they could quite possibly make the best affordable racing simulator on the market. The problem they have is their decision to want to make everyone who plays feel like they could be as good as Michael Schumacher. With that attitude they dumb everything down to cater to that idea.

I have said this before, I really want to see if they deliver this time, or if they just sell $60 poo.
Could be worse.

GT could be like Forza. All talk, even less walk than PD has.

Who the hell puts in damage, but then lets you rewind with whatever incident you have?

Additionally, I read that the damage doesn't even really affect the cars handling, along with the cars being too easy to drive.

Steer smoothing with a wheel... retards.

I think GT PSP is better than Forza, physics wise and content.

Quote from dawesdust_12 : Additionally, I read that the damage doesn't even really affect the cars handling, along with the cars being too easy to drive.

Don't think there will be much difference between GT and Forza in this regard tbh.
Quote from dawesdust_12 :Could be worse.

GT could be like Forza. All talk, even less walk than PD has.

I think GT PSP is better than Forza, physics wise and content.

Sometimes you make yourself look like a complete fool...
Quote from jibber :Sometimes you make yourself look like a complete fool...

Sometimes?
I was trying to be nice...
I'm actually being quite nice to Forza even comparing it to GT PSP when it should really be compared to something more like NFS:Shift.

When compared to Shift, it blows shift out of the water, Shift is a nasty, nasty game.
So comparing GT PSP to Shift might be a little better matched then

I still don't get all the hostility between the Forza and GT communities. It's time to spread the love, guys. Love what you do, ignore what you don't.
Quote from legoflamb :Just Imagine what PD could do with the GT series if they were pushed in to the right direction. They have such a large consumer base that they can afford to get licensing on 500+ cars and some number of tracks! If that money went into their physics development team they could quite possibly make the best affordable racing simulator on the market. The problem they have is their decision to want to make everyone who plays feel like they could be as good as Michael Schumacher. With that attitude they dumb everything down to cater to that idea.

I have said this before, I really want to see if they deliver this time, or if they just sell $60 poo.

the only things i like from gt is the soundtrack (moon over the castle, the OST is great) and the fact that they put a ridiculous amount of cars, i mean it would be cool if forza add some corollas (the shitty ones) because i mean those cars are the most real thing to buy by a lot of people, i dont think everyone who plays forza can afford an AUDI R8 and that kind of cars..

another stuff is, i think this is the real deal, the fact is that a lot of people dislikes the better sims, a lot of people think that "omg look at lfs, what a crappy sim" (because the graphics, but WHO cares about the graphics when the physics are so awesome?) i dont care about graphics, graphics cant help you to improve your racing knowledge, physics may help with that.

im saying that because a lot of GT players (friends of mine) when they are playing forza they crash a lot, **** the car, mess the engine and they say "this is boring" and the A.I. kicks their asses very easy, is "boring" because is hard, maybe the most of people dislike the hard way that means you cant handle or rule the game in the first try...

in my case, i have a lot of fun with forza, the fact that making a mistake can cost me the race (damages), somebody says something about the damage doesnt affect the physics, im not sure but when a jgtc car loses his spoiler on forza, the rear is more easy to oversteer, im not sure, is just the feedback i see..

at the end, PD gets me tired of their bullshit about "the real driving simulator", im wondering if they are talking about graphics and not physics, al ot of GT fans say it "this is the best sim because it LOOKS very REAL"...

im looking for physics, not graphics
Quote from Dajmin :So comparing GT PSP to Shift might be a little better matched then

I still don't get all the hostility between the Forza and GT communities. It's time to spread the love, guys. Love what you do, ignore what you don't.

Not really. Shift feels.. gross. GT PSP feels better than even GT5:P.

Not to mention it has more content than Forza... must suck to have a portable console have more than a 360 game.
Quote from dawesdust_12 :Not really. Shift feels.. gross. GT PSP feels better than even GT5:P.

Not to mention it has more content than Forza... must suck to have a portable console have more than a 360 game.

More content?, how so?.
-
(obsolum) DELETED by obsolum
Quote from danowat :More content?, how so?.

Forza 3 only has (from wiki) about 400 cars. GT PSP has 800~ cars.

That looks like more content as 800 > 400.

Along with needing 2 DVD's (as it lacks a decent drive) to play and install. That's pretty bad.

We know who the fanboys are now then, thinking Forza has more content than GT PSP. Clearly they need to go back to like early math, to learn basic logic that 800 is a larger number than 400.

Apple sucks, PS3 sucks and your mom sucks.

Is it true GT5 will come on 3 disks? That's going to be lot of installing.

Oh, forgot. GT5 will suck more than your mom and Apple together.

I troll lol, but it's ok because I has happy face.

i seem to remember GT2 having 2 discs.. 1 for sim and 1 for arcade.
Quote from dawesdust_12 :Forza 3 only has (from wiki) about 400 cars. GT PSP has 800~ cars.

That looks like more content as 800 > 400.

Along with needing 2 DVD's (as it lacks a decent drive) to play and install. That's pretty bad.

We know who the fanboys are now then, thinking Forza has more content than GT PSP. Clearly they need to go back to like early math, to learn basic logic that 800 is a larger number than 400.

More content my ass. It's just a certain number of cars, which doesn't make a good or bad game. What makes a game good or bad is the whole package. I'm not really sure which would keep me busy for longer, but i have a feeling it wouldn't be GT PSP.

But why do i even bother. Talking to you is like talking to a happy but braindead person. Whatever somebody says, unless it isn't pretty much the same as what's comming out of your mouth, you just post your usual nonsense and end it with a .

What i really don't understand is that you seem to be on this unstoppable fanboy parade. Even when it's people who own both consoles, as soon as they dare say something good about the one you seem to hate with so much passion, it's back to all your fanboy shizzle. Why can't you just accept that some people don't care if it says "PS3" or "Xbox360" on their console as long as it's fun and entertaining?

I will play GT5 on its release day, and i can't wait to be honest. In the same way i can't wait to get my hands on Forza 3. There's really no need for you to always mention how you think one system is superior... Because i for one simply don't care.

PS: Good post Blackout! LOL!
Quote :Is it true GT5 will come on 3 disks? That's going to be lot of installing.

If you look at the images of the box, there's clear disc case which would be the PS3 game disc, a blue case which would be a blu-ray and then a red case which...I dono, maybe a soundtrack or something?

Edit, for reference.

Atleast Dustin doesn't pretend not to be biased like most of the 360/Forza fanboys.
Hey, I just know when stuff is better, hence why I have Mac's, a PS3, and only drink Starbucks coffee.

O/T: check out the new iMacs... i5 or i7's...
Quote from dawesdust_12 :Hey, I just know when stuff is better, hence why I have Mac's, a PS3, and only drink Starbucks coffee.

O/T: check out the new iMacs... i5 or i7's...

To me it just means you are a corperate muppet, sucked in by fancy pants marketing.

As for the "more content" BS, more cars DOES NOT equal more content, it equals MORE CARS.
OT: No, I like stuff that's consistently good that has a very low chance of sucking, unlike anything Microsoft makes or that slime that Tim Horton's calls coffee.

If cars aren't content, then what is? I'm pretty sure anything in the game that you can use or interact with = content. Therefore a car in a game = Content. Therefore you are trying to nitpick when you are most blatantly incorrect.

Quote from dawesdust_12 :OT: No, I like stuff that's consistently good that has a very low chance of sucking, unlike anything Microsoft makes or that slime that Tim Horton's calls coffee.

If cars aren't content, then what is? I'm pretty sure anything in the game that you can use or interact with = content. Therefore a car in a game = Content. Therefore you are trying to nitpick when you are most blatantly incorrect.

Quote from dawesdust_12 :OT: No, I like stuff that's consistently good that has a very low chance of sucking, unlike anything Microsoft makes or that slime that Tim Horton's calls coffee.

You have some really good logic there, guy. Have fun up there on your high horse.

Gran Turismo 5
(7732 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG