The online racing simulator
Couple of things that dissapoint me.

The graphics are a mixed bag, sometimes it looks gorgeous, other times, nasty, the HDR is nasty and I wish I could turn it off, the back straight of Sebring is an great example.

There is no way I can see of making a custom race, quick race is limited to 2 laps, you can't select any more, also, there is no way to make a custom multiplater lobby either.
Just got a call from the store I ordered the LCE from, should be arriving tomorrow.
Quote from danowat :The graphics are a mixed bag, sometimes it looks gorgeous, other times, nasty, the HDR is nasty and I wish I could turn it off, the back straight of Sebring is an great example.

Sometimes I think the HDR works well. On tracks like Silverstone it's pretty good at making it look like the surface is damp. But there is a part of Sebring where most of my screen was just brilliant white and I can't decide whether I like it (because it does sort of emulate sun blindness) or not (because it's distracting when you're looking for apexes).

Quote from danowat :There is no way I can see of making a custom race, quick race is limited to 2 laps, you can't select any more, also, there is no way to make a custom multiplater lobby either.

Not done anything outside of the career yet (a whole 2% of the way through now!) so I can't help there. Seems a bit odd though. I felt a bit disappointed that some of the early races are only 2 laps as well - you're just getting into it when it's all over.

The tweaks to the decal and paint editors are great though. It's much harder to accidentally screw something up than Forza 2. And the edges don't seem to lose definition as much when shrunk.
Quote from Chrisuu01 :BRT are u suing some kind of money cheat?

He's been playing a pirated version for a while longer than the people who waited for their legit copy to arrive. I have no idea why he bothers to post those useless comments here, it's not like anyone actually gives a damn how far he is or how much he upgraded his car

EDIT:
Quote from Dajmin :I felt a bit disappointed that some of the early races are only 2 laps as well - you're just getting into it when it's all over.

I'm fairly certain that the first races in FM2 were only 2 or 3 laps as well, on short tracks.
Quote from obsolum : I'm fairly certain that the first races in FM2 were only 2 or 3 laps as well, on short tracks.

That doesn't make it any better
I guess it's so that if you discover you suck even worse than me, you don't have 10 laps of catching up to do.
Quote from danowat :There is no way I can see of making a custom race, quick race is limited to 2 laps, you can't select any more, also, there is no way to make a custom multiplater lobby either.

Is there no option of making a multiplayer race through system link and adding AI players to it, like in Forza 2?
Quote from w126 :Is there no option of making a multiplayer race through system link and adding AI players to it, like in Forza 2?

Nope

@Dajmin, the weekend championships are a bit longer, I am now halfway through season 2, and the races are getting longer, and tougher, I am running no assists and hard AI.
I've only just started season 2 myself, and I'm glad the races are picking up. I run a mixture of hard and medium (the AI seems to be more competitive on the new tracks than the ones from Forza 2, but maybe it's just my experience) with no assists.
And obviously cockpit view all the time, because anything else is for great, soft, sissy, girlie, na ... n United supporting poofs
I am wondering what happens after season 6.......I wonder if it continues to season 7, or stops.
Quote from obsolum :He's been playing a pirated version for a while longer than the people who waited for their legit copy to arrive. I have no idea why he bothers to post those useless comments here, it's not like anyone actually gives a damn how far he is or how much he upgraded his car

EDIT:

I'm fairly certain that the first races in FM2 were only 2 or 3 laps as well, on short tracks.

Failry certain you say no need to its treu some of the early races are 2 to 3 laps
I'm a little tight on cash atm, but after extensive careful deliberation, I've decided I can't not get this. Put my order in with Game
Finally got my limited Forza Keychain.

They also included Game. Expect some Reviews this evening.
Quote from Highsider9 :Finally got my limited Forza Keychain.

Cool have fun man Im getting a FOrza 3 flag and the game ofcourse
This morning I started working on a LFS logo decal, similar to the 3D-look one I did for Forza 2. I'll be releasing it as a standalone decal so if anyone wants it I expect it'll be on my Storefront later tonight. And don't worry, it'll be cheap

I might do another LFS-themed car as well - I really liked my LFS 350Z in FM2 although it wasn't quite perfect. And nobody could resist my Pacman Beetle
Cheap? or free?
Hey, papa needs a new PC wheel, don't get nothing for free in this life

Maybe I'll do a limited time offer where LFS licensees get it for a reduced price. Maybe.
Quote from Highsider9 :Finally got my limited Forza Keychain.

Where did you get it from this early?
Put 5 up for free!!!!, and sell the rest!!!!
Mine got shipped today. Delivery should take two days from Åland, our lame ass version of Jersey (tax free).

Btw, is the storefront content and shops gold account only?
Quote from Blackout :
Btw, is the storefront content and shops gold account only?

Pretty much anything useful on XBL is for gold users only. But i wouldn't know for sure.
Played for a few hours now.

Graphics are so so. Sometimes it looks good, other times really quite bad, and I maintain that the glass looks utterly pathetic. Even LFS glass looks better (oops I made that comparison again how dreadful). Either way, it in no way is leaps and bounds ahead of Forza2.

Gameplay is as it was in the demo. Involving and rewarding, if a little numb at first.

I like the menus and presentation a lot, very clean and crisp. Career mode is good, quick and easy to get on with, although I don't really have much drive to do it. It lacks (like Forza2) the incentive of buying better and faster and rarer cars, you can pretty much drive them all in Free Play mode anyway. There's no sense of ownership particularly.

I think the Quick Tune option is a bit backwards, but then I don't really get on all that well with the whole Tuning concept in games anyway. I don't get much pleasure from making a car faster by throwing bits onto it and moving it far from the way it would be if you bought one. I haven't seen a spec-cup in the career mode yet, but there should be some.

And there should be some in the multiplayer mode too. Which as far as I can tell is good for giving you as few options as possible now. I saw all the rubbish races going on, "Quick Race with unlimited cars" how ridiculous. Circuit races with classes A and higher? "Road Races" with about 3 people in insanely varied cars crashing around the nurburgring? Oval, no players. Drag, no players. Drift, no thanks. I wanted to set up a public race with just a standard car, and only that car, like I could in Forza2 (although noone ever joined) but I couldn't do it.
Either I missed something or they really got lazy with that.
Quote from sinbad :
And there should be some in the multiplayer mode too. Which as far as I can tell is good for giving you as few options as possible now. I saw all the rubbish races going on, "Quick Race with unlimited cars" how ridiculous. Circuit races with classes A and higher? "Road Races" with about 3 people in insanely varied cars crashing around the nurburgring? Oval, no players. Drag, no players. Drift, no thanks. I wanted to set up a public race with just a standard car, and only that car, like I could in Forza2 (although noone ever joined) but I couldn't do it.
Either I missed something or they really got lazy with that.

Sounds really weird because I remember them banging on about how you can make your own games and how they have huge variety of game modes to choose from?

Or did they just mean you can choose the mode and that's it, sure they aren't behind some weird button like the hotlap mode in the demo was?
Quote from jibber :Pretty much anything useful on XBL is for gold users only. But i wouldn't know for sure.

Well just wait or buy either a 3,1 month gold and then wait til 2010 becaus then XBL wil be free
Apparently, the "hopper" system will get upgraded with more options as things progress, its very, very early days yet.

Don't forget, you can still make a private lobby with any amount of options for you and your XBL friends.

Personally, I get a massive buzz out of customizing / tuning / painting MY cars, so even without the other stuff, I am pretty much in heaven.

Like you, I think the GFX are a mixed bag, sometimes breathtaking, other times, eeeekkk
I've seen some people complaining about that on the official forum.

The common belief is that because it's not properly released yet, there's still Live options missing. Hopefully there'll be a switch they flip on Friday that'll add some more options - they were all about making multiplayer as customisable as possible, I can't see them missing it out now.

Forza Motorsports 3
(3388 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG