The online racing simulator
Quote from Tomba(FIN) :Ah, ok. Where was that pic taken from as if the light was so bad?

But most important:didn't he have a tripod?
Quote from IlGuercio :But most important:didn't he have a tripod?

Yeah that's what I thought.
I'm assuming it was inside, no wind, no moving subject, longer exposure seems rather obvious to me

Personally I'd probably take that shot at around f8, enough to get some details on the foliage. There's little visual appeal in the subject as it is, so I wouldn't blur it out too much. Obviously that's just me
Quote from morpha :Yeah that's what I thought.
I'm assuming it was inside, no wind, no moving subject, longer exposure seems rather obvious to me

Personally I'd probably take that shot at around f8, enough to get some details on the foliage. There's little visual appeal in the subject as it is, so I wouldn't blur it out too much. Obviously that's just me

I agree,just for the fact that i could have shot at 100 iso and f/8 which is the sharpest aperture most of the time.
Just found this,a 12800 iso shot from the new D3s.
Do i have to tell you what i think about it?
Very film-like noise. Not bad at all.

I'm getting two bodies because a) I got a deal I couldn't pass up, and b) I've always wanted to have an extremely small/light body for street shooting (paired with my DA 40mm Ltd. pancake, maybe) or possibly a dedicated M42 body. Anyway, it'll be a fun experiment. And if I end up not using it that much, I can resell for a profit.

Not sure which color yet, probably black or red.
Black or red?Naaaaaah.
I'd sugget you to go for the brown body and pea green grip(:razz.
Quote from IlGuercio :Black or red?Naaaaaah.
I'd sugget you to go for the brown body and pea green grip(:razz.

Alas, the funky colors are only available in Japan.
Quote from IlGuercio :A minute of silence for that

There's actually a very interesting interview with Ned Bunnell, the President of Pentax Imaging USA, here. In it he sort of explains the Japan-only strategy, as well as a lot more about how Pentax has changed since Hoya bought them.
Quote from IlGuercio :Just found this,a 12800 iso shot from the new D3s.
Do i have to tell you what i think about it?

The D3s kicks ass so much it isn't even funny anymore. If only I was rich.
I agree!!! I'm drooling And not for the guys
Maybe one day...
Quote from DeadWolfBones :Maybe one day...

I think that when THAT day will come this D3s will already be in the museums
In the meantime, 15 more with the Helios-44K-4 MC:

Looks sharp but the bokeh is a bit nervous.
Lucky pentax guys
The crazy bokeh wide open is the whole charm of this lens.

My favorite shot with it so far:

My god the bokeh with that lens is phenomenal!!:woohoo:
Rawk from last Thursday
Shot a show in a small punk club at Tampere. Unfortunately the crowd was small so no good headbanging action at that evening.

ISO 12800...

Quote from Highsider9 :Just finished (Well, almost finished) building my first Car Rig.
Inspired by these Sites (Number 1, Number2, Number 3) i managed to build a basic Setup out of Warehouse Items and a Manfrotto Magic Arm.

Can't wait to try it out on the Weekend.

Just a bump.
I can't make one before this winter so I'd like to your rig shots.
Just after winter I'll try to build one for myself.
I hate you
Quote from Spangler_CZE :Few photos from Citroen Racing Day with M. Prokop and S. Ogier in C2 R2 Max. The drive (before Ive made these photos) on a wet tarmac was awesome! http://spangler.cz/photos/citroen_racing_days/

I'd love to try out som' of dat sweet rally phootage some day but we only got lame track days with slow-ass Beemers cruising around.

Oh well, more live music from last Saturday from a small corner club. I was emotionally and physically spent from the shoot earlier Sat morning so these aren't my best work but it's just more lessons learned again.

ISO 12800, 85mm @ f1.8.

Camera Showoff
(5560 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG