The online racing simulator
Test Patch Z20 (online compatible)
(252 posts, closed, started )
The dashboard light symbols in my FZ5 are very very low res. why?
at me they are normal in FZ5
but wth!

i see an digital distancometer on RAC!
or i never noticed it?

AWESOME WORK SCAWEN!

Just an little sugestion for an test ^^

An Ingnition key and then an Starter key
like in expensive sports cars!
Since I sow like million posts in Z19 I thought someone has noticed, but now I see Z20 and same problem is still there. I drove just XFG a little bit last night, so I don't know about other cars, I guess they're fine.
I found this little bug, this sign on dashboard for headlights is kinda blinking. I also noticed this happens only with bigger FOV than dunno like 90, so here's a little photo of the problem attached too.
Attached images
lightsign.jpg
Thanks, alot of new updates, loving the new dashboard and new digital speedo in FXR
Had some flickering anyways, but in cfg, in windows line, changed first value from -13 to 13 and everything works fine now
I am impressed by all your knowlege Scawen, not a problem you canot fix

I am just curious, are there any reason why the shift up / redline indicator was removed? I know I am an utterly shit for using chase veiw, but on some cars it's great to have that little indicator, as they have different redlines / top on gears
Quote from The Very End :I am impressed by all your knowlege Scawen, not a problem you canot fix

I am just curious, are there any reason why the shift up / redline indicator was removed? I know I am an utterly shit for using chase veiw, but on some cars it's great to have that little indicator, as they have different redlines / top on gears

It's because real road cars doesn't have one, so now it's more realistic
But as someone stated in an earlier thread, they even had a normal road car that had a indicator for shift up
Well, either way, not a big loss so not something I'm going to whine about
Speedometer & Tyre issue
Hey guys:

The speedometer issue:

Create an setup that the needle turns more than 1time around the speed thing.

Tyre issue:

Let flip you on roof and press F9

Pictures:
Attached images
Z20.JPG
Quote from DesertFox :On My PC LFS is still flickering, when i start it.

My "Window" line shows these figures: Window 80 80 1104 848

I tried to delete it, but it did not help.

My OS is Vista Home Premium 64Bit, if that would help you.

I tried a few things with the first value of the "Window" line. Finally I changed it from 80 to 2 and the problem seems to be solved. But what is the reason?
-
(Silverracer) DELETED by Silverracer : Sorry, mistook the above post.
so.. how many road cars have gear indicator in the dash? ;p
Quote from GeForz :so.. how many road cars have gear indicator in the dash? ;p

Not many, but they do excist
Quote from Heiko1 :Hey guys:

The speedometer issue:

Create an setup that the needle turns more than 1time around the speed thing.

Tyre issue:

Let flip you on roof and press F9

Pictures:

First off all there is nothing wrong at all on any of you bugs, its not a bug!

The tyre issue: you see the f9 screen like this because you probely changed you camber during the crash , this mean that all the weight of the car is now in the inside of the tyre. so a helll lot of negative camber (- camber) , what is created in the crash.

The speedo is probley because you are standing on the gras!
Quote from GeForz :so.. how many road cars have gear indicator in the dash? ;p

Quite a few if they are auto/sequential, but gated manual transmission.... not many I guess.
Z19 fullscreen problems are definitely solved, at least for me (Win7 64bit)
Maybe old bug, but it's time to grab that lawnmower: Z20, RAC at BL1R, last turn.
Attached images
Clipboard01.jpg
Everything looks nice.

Win7 32bit
Nice! Everything seems to work. Even the shift light for the MRT is back.

But I guess due to the new outgauge package some programs to hear a shift beep need to be adjusted... So atm I cannot hear a shift beep anymore.
Quote from The Very End :I am impressed by all your knowlege Scawen, not a problem you canot fix

would be nice to have a chance to set ON/OFF shift light in settings, for all cars
Quote from dravgunov :would be nice to have a chance to set ON/OFF shift light in settings, for all cars

And digital speedo, yes. In DEDI - LFS server options.
#46 - senn
Quote from _--NZ--_[HUN] :Thanks for the patch Scawen, everything works as it should. The new screen controls are very good.
I noticed that RAC has a working odometer and the oil pressure gauge works on all cars which have one. I couldn't find these changes in the list.

+1 can Scawen please elaborate if the engine physics/monitoring have been upgraded, this is something i'm very intrigued by.
Quote from geeman1 :No more problems with the full screen thing.

I still have the stuck busy cursor thing I reported in the Z19 thread. It's weird, it didn't happen in Z18. But I did some further testing and it seems that moving the cursor outside the main screen fixes it. When starting LFS in Z18 the cursor is in the left side monitor and in Z20 it's in the middle monitor. So could be that the same thing happens in Z18 too, but it's impossible to see because the cursor is in the side monitor which instantly fixes it.

Not a huge thing and it could very well be SoftTH's fault, but just thought I'd let you know.

Same issue here

3 monitor setup SofTH 1.09, when i start LFS Z19/Z20 the 'busy' cursor is used in game.
Things wich set the cursor to normal:
-Go to windowed mode and back
-alt+tab and back
-move cursor to another monitor
Quote from senn :+1 can Scawen please elaborate if the engine physics/monitoring have been upgraded, this is something i'm very intrigued by.

wow, it's real!
I just thought he was talking about fps'o meter...
I'm curious how shift light works now. In RAC it looks like the old one, but in UFR it lights up at the redline?
Yeah, nice touches on the oil pressure gauges and the odometer! The look of the digital readouts is also spot on!

Just a (very minor) suggestion: At the moment the ignition symbol flashes for just a moment - could you extend that for as long as the starter is heard (maybe with a bit of flickering)? It could later be extended to being on first when ignition and starter keys get separated...
Quote from Scawen :First you have to run your graphics driver software and set your desktop is on two screens.

Then go into LFS and if you can see a mode "3360x1050" that is the one you need. Only problem is I think it may be impossible in Vista.

If you can do that, then set up your screens in LFS.

My Desktop is already on two screens. But there is no option in LFS for the high resolution. Only thing I can do is to run it in "window-mode" an than strech the window over two monitors. But than everything looks crappy because the resolution is to low.

I have two nvidia GPU but SLI is not on because it is too much for LFS, don't need it and I have some Problems.

Everything is set up correctly. Have a "big desktop on two monitors", each 1680x1050. (good for Photoshop)
This thread is closed

Test Patch Z20 (online compatible)
(252 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG