The online racing simulator
Test Patch Z19 (online compatible)
(175 posts, closed, started )
I tried running LFS with the Z17 test.exe and it didn't fix the issue.
Windows Vista 64 Business SP2.
Can't open LFS now, Z17 worked fine.
Attached images
Untitled-1.jpg
Hm, is this caused by Z19? The gears onboard are red.
Attached images
Unbenannt.jpg
Same here.

One thing, what have you done to the FE track? Custom textures or anything?
I just tried it with W7 - I too got the flickering and when I tried to click a button on the bottom of the screen, I actually clicked the symbol in the taskbar... So it seems that LfS - although shown on top - is actually running behind all open windows... The test exe makes it even more apparent, as the overlay (all black) is shown behind all windows, and then goes to windowed mode, functioning normal from that point on...
I have something to add, while using Z17test.
After alt+tab (or top-left corner click), and get back to window i dont have resize icon cursor anymore (near edges)
But when i move mouse to the top of the screen i can drag "window" with LFS.
The only thing is change is invisible borders, it not screen size anymore, its restricted to place where i draged it, background stays without any change.

Here is screen with little explanation:
http://img403.imageshack.us/img403/9853/screenw.png

Windows XP SP2
The windowed / fullscreen thingy bugs and because of that my LFS can't run.
Specs

Q6600
4870 1GB
2 gigs of ram
Catalyst 9.5
Windows XP

Runs great!

Keep the good work up!

Also nice update on the symbols on the dashboard!
Thanks! Testing...
Quote from Scawen :Thanks all for the reports of the Windows 7 / maybe Vista problem, it seems the full screen window is not setup correctly when you first start LFS (if you start full screen). I'll look into that right now and soon upload a test exe for you to try.

OK, I don't think that is a bug. Now, the selected full screen resolution intentionally has no effect on the windowed resolution. The only thing that changes windowed resolution now is you using your mouse to resize the windowed window. That is persistent when you go to full screen and back again, LFS should be in the same place and the same size that you last set it.

Sounds like the other bug, but the only thing that confuses me is : I have no idea how you use SHIFT+S to go to a window. For most people it is SHIFT+F4... I think.

sorry i meant shift+f4, i dont know why i wrote shift+s
#86 - hda
with Z19, I got no problem whatsoever with clicking the buttons, the only issues are:

- clicking on the bottom corners causes LFS to minimize (it shows the start menu if you click on the bottom left and the desktop if u click on the bottom right - which is where the show desktop button is located in windows 7)

- the rezise window icons are shown even in fullscreen

After getting minimized to windows I can still go back to LFS, I just need to click on its icon. Switching to window and back to full screen fixes both of the above problems.

With the test exe I no longer have the problems above but now I get the misplaced clickarea like some people are getting in Z19

Windows 7 x64 RTM
Nvidia 7600gt - Forceware 190.62
1680*1050*32
Tried the test exe, still have shifted GUI

Windows 7 x64, Geforce 8800GTS....

Also tried running LFS as administrator, no difference...

Compatiability modes make no difference either
Quote from TurboBlaster :Hm, is this caused by Z19? The gears onboard are red.

For the love of christ, how can you live with that hideous dashboard caused by using a Pre-patch Z DDS file?
Quote from JO53PHS :For the love of christ, how can you live with that hideous dashboard caused by using a Pre-patch Z DDS file?

Why this sarcasm? Its a bug that i found and i reported it.
Quote from Simpson :
Here is screen with little explanation:
http://img403.imageshack.us/img403/9853/screenw.png

Tried to drag the black edge, and it moves all the clickable areas down.

The very weird thing, is that I can click the Start button while in full screen(or at least it minimized my LFS twice and opened the start menu)

Using Windows 7 Professional 64 and ATi

PS: Using Z17 test
#92 - senn
The Red gear indicator is a feature, not a bug, as it's on all the cars.

Your dash textures are screwed tho, ie in the centre, where its red and black or whatever, not mapped properly, because it's an old texture. (NOT TEST PATCH RELATED)
Quote from Whiskey :Tried to drag the black edge, and it moves all the clickable areas down.

The very weird thing, is that I can click the Start button while in full screen(or at least it minimized my LFS twice and opened the start menu)

I made little bit more testing with Z19, NOT test posted further and:
- Start LFS full screen (Z19)
- click top-left corner, or alt tab
- return to LFS i have resize-mouse on border, and moved buttons positions
- shift+f4 to window
- shift+f4 to full screen
- i cant no longer minimize LFS by clicking top-left corner (good), buttons are all ok (good), i dont have resize-mouse on borders (good), and now i can easily alt+tab many times without any problems caused by moved buttons or resizing (good) ETC

Everything on XP with SP2.

Edit: funny thing
- start LFS full screen (Z19)
- shift+f4, window is like full screen!
http://img97.imageshack.us/img97/4669/windowed.png
take a look at top rounded corners!
- shift+f4 (full screen)
- shift+f4, normal window
http://img210.imageshack.us/img210/158/windowed2.png
- shift+f4 (full screen)
- everything workes fine from now
Yeah, same here.
In Z19 the ful screen is "fake" (after clicking in top-left corner). You can click close button in top-right, or redimension the windows, which allow you to click on the aplication which is behind (in my case Firefox hehe)

In the test I can't click close button, but can minimize it by clicking in top-left corner
Is this normal?

Attached images
jeboi.jpg
#96 - hda
Quote from hazaky :Is this normal?

the car being in neutral or the red text? both are normal
Test 2
Hi there, sorry about the delay, it took a while...

I've got another test here. If you get the window problem, please can you try this test and let us know if the problem is fixed?

Thanks.

WARNING : Do not attempt to unlock with this exe. If the fix works I'll release a valid update.
Attached files
LFS_Z19_test_2.zip - 965.1 KB - 276 views
XP + Z19 test 2 - works good, no problems mentioned before
z19_test2 perfect for me on the click issue, thanks
This thread is closed

Test Patch Z19 (online compatible)
(175 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG