The online racing simulator
Rear suspension, bad working
(34 posts, started )
old Saabs got it too
Well, since everyone is just endlessly repeating itself...

The 'real-life' reaction is because all 'real-life' cars tested had
a trailing arm in the rear suspension. Like the crude drawings by
Rotareneg, the lifting is caused by the suspension geometry.
'Real-life' cars not using a trailing arm in the rear do not do this.

LFS is realistic in the context that it is not trying to replicate a
twist-beam/trailing arm as commonly used in basic fwd cars.

Oh yeah, i also assumed you guys are talking fwd here, kinda
harder to test on a rwd...unless you have that very very rare
rwd car with the front wheel handbrake :rolleyes:
Quote from Fonnybone : LFS is realistic in the context that it is not trying to replicate a twist-beam/trailing arm as commonly used in basic fwd cars.

I think the problem lies with it stating that it does so in the text of all the fwd car suspension descriptions.

Quote from Fonnybone :Oh yeah, i also assumed you guys are talking fwd here, kinda harder to test on a rwd...unless you have that very very rare
rwd car with the front wheel handbrake

Why would a front wheel handbrake help in testing this situation with a RWD car?
Quote from xaotik :Why would a front wheel handbrake help in testing this situation with a RWD car?

Well, you could at least reproduce the rear diving when starting from an incline... The other situations I agree can't be reproduced...
OT: Having a handbreak on the driving wheels is a very conveient (but somewhat crude) diff break. Used many times to get me out of troubble in the snow.
Quote from xaotik :I think the problem lies with it stating that it does so in the text of all the fwd car suspension descriptions.

Why would a front wheel handbrake help in testing this situation with a RWD car?

You know what, i didn't even notice that It's been a while since i've used the suspnsion view. I guess there is something wrong there...

Btw, the "front wheel handbrake" was a joke.
Anyone remember the 80/20 handbrake thread?
Don't try handbraking a Landrover defender. The handbrake sits on the driveshaft out the gear box. Pull that up too fast and you lock all four wheels and warp the driveshaft. Usefull when you don't have a metaled surface to grip onto though.

The landrover doesn't dive foward or backwards depending on the direction of travel upon the application of brakes it does, however, have the turning circle of an ocean going yaght and will only stop rocking three weeks after you've parked it.
Quote from Funnybear :Don't try handbraking a Landrover defender. The handbrake sits on the driveshaft out the gear box. Pull that up too fast and you lock all four wheels and warp the driveshaft. Usefull when you don't have a metaled surface to grip onto though.

The landrover doesn't dive foward or backwards depending on the direction of travel upon the application of brakes it does, however, have the turning circle of an ocean going yaght and will only stop rocking three weeks after you've parked it.

LOL.... Too true

Having said that... unless you want to spend a fortune on rubber you shouldn't take a defender anywhere near a flat grippy surface...

Rear suspension, bad working
(34 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG