The online racing simulator
Test Patch Z18 (online compatible)
(255 posts, closed, started )
Quote from JO53PHS :...it would be interesting to see what FPS other people get when playing this replay in Z18...

Uptodate Win XP Sp3
AMD X2 4600+ @2800MHz; 2Gb @400MHz; ATI x1950 pro 512Mb 1280x1024 32bit, ingame all maxed out, cockpitview, no virtual mirrors.

Normal Z18 with all the eycandy and sounds on. But this time with vsync=off / unlimited FPS.

Did some runs with fraps, benchmark started at 1 second till racestart

Quote from fraps :
Frames, Time (ms), Min, Max, Avg
3115, 42795, 48, 107, 72.789

Attached images
z18 layout.jpg
Attached files
LFS 2009-10-14 23-04-40-89 fps.txt - 176 B - 248 views
Quote from JasonJ :

I think maybe your CPU is getting bottlenecked by layouts which are quite CPU intensive.

Now that you mention it, that is probably quite likely. I know it really shouldn't be, but the speed of my CPU does seem to be the weak point of my computer.

EDIT: Although saying that, my CPU usage never went about 57% when running that replay. Maybe if I wait till my Norton subscription expires (20th November 2009 - looking forward to it ), I might see an improvement.

At present, there is no way to turn off or close Norton 360 unless you unistall it. Fail.
Quote from JO53PHS :Now that you mention it, that is probably quite likely. I know it really shouldn't be, but the speed of my CPU does seem to be the weak point of my computer.

Seems like you need to do a pc update.
LFS is updating slowly so you dont really find out untill few fps left.
Error message:
Hey guys,

ive got an error report from windows when ive switched from lfs per ALT+TAB to desktop and then back to lfs

after 2-3sec. Black screen
theyre shown in BYTES and in Words/ Chars in both txt files
that showed up:
Attached files
Error-Report.txt - 876 B - 237 views
Error-Report2.txt - 314.9 KB - 247 views
Quote from Heiko1 :Hey guys,

ive got an error report from windows when ive switched from lfs per ALT+TAB to desktop and then back to lfs

after 2-3sec. Black screen
theyre shown in BYTES and in Words/ Chars in both txt files
that showed up:

It doesn't fix your problem but I'm sure I read somewhere that LFS isn't particularly alt+tab friendly sometimes and is recommended to use shift+f4 to get quick desktop access.
just press 1 sec the "Windows" button an voila ^^
Quote from SmegFirk :It doesn't fix your problem but I'm sure I read somewhere that LFS isn't particularly alt+tab friendly sometimes and is recommended to use shift+f4 to get quick desktop access.

it also happend when ive done it with Windows key...

@ Scawen:

I hope ive got something usefull in the two error-reports
Hi, I don't think I can see anything in these error reports because the crash address is in NTDLL.dll

Was this in Z18? (Just checking, in case you used an earlier test patch)
Does anyone else get this crash? (I don't seem to be able to reproduce it)
SHIFT+F4 is the recommended way to get out of LFS. Using other methods can cause problems and you use them at your own risk.
Dmnit..

mh
its in Z18

Reproduce:

Switch as fast as you can with ALT+TAB from LFS to Desktop and back.

or w8 i create you a little app that do it for you till it crashes
so u need less time

replace the .txt to .cmd
cuz i cant upload .cmd in here

i hope it works
Attached files
Error-Reproduce.txt - 4.4 KB - 255 views
Quote from Heiko1 :Dmnit..

mh
its in Z18

Reproduce:

Switch as fast as you can with ALT+TAB from LFS to Desktop and back.

if i make that im getting only a 4sec black screen and voila lfs is back again
can´t reproduct it sry
Alt-tabbed between LFS (full-screen) and desktop for a good 30 sec as fast as I could. No crashes under Vista 32-bit HP.
Quote from geeman1 :SHIFT+F4 is the recommended way to get out of LFS. Using other methods can cause problems and you use them at your own risk.

But LFS should never crash.

I think the ALT+TAB (etc) problems are just in some version of Windows, where after using ALT+TAB (if I remember correctly) Windows seemed to give LFS zero CPU time - it was never updated so you would lose connection if you were connected to a host. I don't know if that is still a problem but anyway there should not be a crash.
Quote from Scawen :But LFS should never crash.

I think the ALT+TAB (etc) problems are just in some version of Windows, where after using ALT+TAB (if I remember correctly) Windows seemed to give LFS zero CPU time - it was never updated so you would lose connection if you were connected to a host. I don't know if that is still a problem but anyway there should not be a crash.

exactly that what you said was happend to Heiko1 @ my server
he timed out
Quote from Marco1 :exactly that what you said was happend to Heiko1 @ my server
he timed out

Yes, but that will be because LFS crashed. Scawen said that people may time out, but that LFS should not crash.
mh yes
its confusing ...
Hey got it now how to reproduce it:

start my "Error-Reproduce.cmd"
then w8 if all has started
then go to task manager and try to close lfs.exe
and then there is the error message

Heres the whole .temp file from error report

WARNING: YOUR SYSTEM MAY CAN HANG OVER OR GET AN BLUE SCREEN

PS: Only post usefull stuff in this thread as scawen said a few posts above! <-----
Attached files
Error-Reproduce.rar - 477.9 KB - 230 views
Under which real-life scenario would one have that many GUI clients open to begin with
-
(Marco1) DELETED by Marco1
-
(senn) DELETED by senn
GUYS....only post usefull stuff in here!
cuz scawen need to read it all... and that takes time! so please delete them.
Quote from Heiko1 :GUYS....only post usefull stuff in here!
cuz scawen need to read it all... and that takes time! so please delete them.

Enough is enough heiko, You should get banned from this thread. Banned from all threads. Lord, give him a mind that works

Btw, Scawen
We also get the Forced setup option right? So that everyone uses the same setup in a server which also was announced while ago if I remember correctly.
Quote from Takumi_lfs :Enough is enough heiko, You should get banned from this thread. Banned from all threads. Lord, give him a mind that works

Btw, Scawen
We also get the Forced setup option right? So that everyone uses the same setup in a server which also was announced while ago if I remember correctly.

dont pitch whit stones in a glasshouse ...
maybe u dont understadn the word HELPING
some people here want to help the developers to found screetchy bugs ect...
an some users here mean they are the kings and can talk like fools ..
sry for this spam guys...
and i hope u know the forum rules ...
Ok, I got 86-87 FPS on that SPR...

Q9550, 4GB, 9600GT, Win7 64Bit - all eye-candies on (8xAA, 16xAF etc...) @ 1620x1080x32

But I am planning to buy a GTX260 or 275 next month - or an HD5770...

EDIT: Forgot to compare with plain Z version...

With plain Version Z (just exchanged the exe from my Z18 install) I just got around 78 FPS...
Attached images
lfs_00000080.jpg
lfs_00000081.jpg
-
(JasonJ) DELETED by JasonJ
Could ya still help me out with that too long: 3g_cfg_rixg thing on starting the lfs? Someone said about the translation text or something, should I delete something there or?

I think it really doesn't affect my driving, but still it annoys me a bit
Thanks
Fresh install LFS Z, and update straight to Z18.
Quote from Scawen :But LFS should never crash.

In vista 64 bits, its no problem. LFS is rendered in a tiny view from the taskbar, rather cool to watch those tiny cars going around while lfs is minimized hehe.
This thread is closed

Test Patch Z18 (online compatible)
(255 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG