The online racing simulator
Hows my driving?
(11 posts, started )
Hows my driving?
Today is first day i seriously tried to drive in LFS with DFGT, instead of spinning out and quitting, i decided to be alot smoother.

using 900 degrees
Attached files
DFGT1.spr - 241 KB - 160 views
I would take a look but it says I've got the wrong version. As far as I know I'm current.
same prob
It says 0.5Z17 in the replay header (if that how it's called) and while using Z18, i'm able to watch it.

Regarding your question, the setup seems to be a little loose. Also, you're a bit too smooth on the steering wheel, making it harder to catch that beast again . Also, you could try and make more use of the pedals, especially the brake pedal though. "Flickering" is the word that I do prefer in this case though I'm not sure if there actually is a name for this technique. It can make you go a lot faster under braking and at crucial corner sequenses. You've already used it whitin the last right hander reaching the final chicane. Anyway, other than that, good driving yo, just hang in there.
-
(BreadC) DELETED by BreadC
Quote from 510N3D :. Also, you could try and make more use of the pedals, especially the brake pedal though. "Flickering" is the word that I do prefer in this case though I'm not sure if there actually is a name for this technique. It can make you go a lot faster under braking and at crucial corner sequenses. You've already used it whitin the last right hander reaching the final chicane.

I think you mean trial-braking...don't you???

It's where you use a little bit of brake with throttle going into the apex,so you don't lose as much speed & keep the car more stable on entry.
No. Instead of braking before a corner with an constant value (say 30-60% brake), one should be faster using a more dynamic range. Say, brake hard once and right after that, try and apply just enough so you've got the perfect speed for the turn. Takes a bit of practice and happens within a few seconds of course but I figured that I can be a lot quicker that way. Also works with the throttle of course. Some kind of "pedal steering" if you want.
thanks, braking wasnt always my "strongest point" even with the gamepad which im still like 4 seconds behind XD

setups not loose, my driving is to smooth as you said before =P and if it is loose i shall fix that issue!
I'm very glad that you of all people decided to comment thanks for advice ( anymore from anyone else is very much helpful)
Quote from Exile R :I'm very glad that you of all people decided to comment

Although I'm not sure if I want to know the reason for that part of your comment really, you're very welcome indeed (for now ).
oh, i saw you alot during my "OVAL FTW" phase after i got the wheel, and you and some other FM members helped me out abit
oh, alrighty then, you're more than welcome indeed ^^

just remember: hang in there
hang in there i shall

Hows my driving?
(11 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG