The online racing simulator
Any karters?
(42 posts, started )
Any karters?
Hey guys remember me? I told everyone i was leaving lfs for real racing with a 280z? Haha how stupid was i back then, anyways i went into real racing that was affordable, karting! anyways i was wondering if anyone else karts, post up pics please! im glad to be back in lfs, if i really get hooked on it ill buy s2 as i now have cash haha, but all my checks go to new tires and nick nacks for the kart.

The black kart was before i painted it, now its red with a black stripe across. Its very fun! i have a championship race for my state in 6 days cant wait!

ummm i forgot how to post photos so it shows up on the forum rather than a link, any one want to shed some light on this?
i want to start racing some day myself

i think i will start with legend cars
Hey, cool that you got into karting it's an awesome sport
No doubt once you get into it lots of your money goes towards it, though I'm not so much a 'gadget' guy but those tyres sure get used up fast

And hours upon hours can be used to find the perfect setup, although I have a very experienced mechanic who has all that down.
Especially my engine seems to be hard to work out, these Rotax engines are REALLY weak in the bottom end and can easily die if you don't get the carburetor right.
karting is not expensive! just get into it! its a step up from the g25 trust me!!! feeling 2.5g's is nothing like the computer
now i wanna cart
ex-karter *does the secret handshake* here.

Karting is cheap if you only want to run near the front. Winning consistently however, that costs a small fortune.
i wanna be a wacecaw dwiver

imagine that in a 2 year old voice (why am i spamming so much this thread )
I do it as hobby, i dont have my own but i can rent carts in the town next to us Its extremely fun to beat my school mates and then laugh into their face
My advice is trying to join a team of other drivers If you can find other like-minded people, hopefully even some who have a bit of experience to help you get started, it will be so much easier financially and maybe technically.

I recently joined my 'team', really experienced mechanic and his son who is competing (and almost winning) in the national league. And I can feed off their experience
I'm a driver myself. With a Rotax Max engine. I will move to another engine soon though. Like a Parilla Leopard or PRD Fireball, maybe Intrepid can give me some advice about this stuff .
Anyway..
Here's a picture of me and my mechanic at a race last weekend.
Attached images
Monteurs_race_Strijen_070.JPG
Why move from Rotax Max, it's such an awesome and reliable engine ^^ Not THE fastest engine, but very well known and widely used
Oh yeah, and so cheap because no modding is allowed.
Quote from RasmusL :Why move from Rotax Max, it's such an awesome and reliable engine ^^ Not THE fastest engine, but very well known and widely used

...and about as much fun and challenging as watching paint dry! All it is good for is lasting a long time without seizing... and that's what the market wanted over anything else hence it's success. Other than that is misery... pure misery.
Im a karter... tkm all the way (this is just my opinion, please do not comment on it)
wonder if there are any teams in my area
Quote from logitekg25 :wonder if there are any teams in my area

Where are you?

Karting's quite strong out here in the Bay Area (California). We've got the ProKart Challenge, the Jim Russell Arrive and Drive (what I just finished doing), the Jim Russell Rotax Challenge... and numerous clubs.

In December I'm doing a 4-hour endurance race at Infineon. So far we've got 3 very fast drivers, but we might get a 4th. I ended up finishing 3rd in the championship in the Russell series this year.

Here we are leading my rival:

haha well you guys are all rich! im stuck in the kt100 superbox class, i might move up to a pipe though. I heard the 2010 yamha class will have the hpv4 pipe on the yamaha. Should be interesting.
Love the Motorsport Hero cam stuck on your helmet!

Over here the cheapest karting is the Club 100 (http://www.club100.co.uk/) championship, which looks quite good if anyone's interested in racing competitively.
I am karter too

125cc KZ2 (6 speed) 42-45 hp

I Loved Karting..

Until everyone started buying winnebago's and like 3 Brand new karts Per person.

Still fun I Suppose.
Quote from TRM.13 :I am karter too

125cc KZ2 (6 speed) 42-45 hp

Spirit. One of the best looking karts out there!
im from boston
hello iam also a karter from sweden iam driving in the swedish rotax challenge mabye going to genk next year fort the eurochallenge .
my team mate won the ticket to the world finals !!!!!

Me in # 73 kart
Attached images
1254170270_resized.jpg
1254173614_resized.jpg
1254681118_resized.jpg
1254684873_resized.jpg
1254171268_resized.jpg
1254173704_resized.jpg
1254684844_resized.jpg
1254684902_resized.jpg

Any karters?
(42 posts, started )