The online racing simulator
connetction problem with any server
when I get connected to any server, the car doesn't drive smoothly, but dashes. Network debug replies: TCP ER : InitTime -= 240 (sometimes its over 9000 )

when i leave pits my car dashes. during dash forcefeedback disappears

it began after I bought a new computer, with
processor: intel i7 920 (4 cores @ 2667 mhz),
ATI HD4890,
motherboard: asus p6t

Server's pings in the list of servers are ok, as before.

previous computer was:
proc.:intel P4 3.2 ghz
ati radeon X1600XT.

i'm sorry if you have an answer because i couldn't find it :-(
Well it mainly depends on your internet connection. What is your speed?
Quote from Drifter89r :
Server's pings in the list of servers are ok, as before.

What do you consider OK? 20ms/ 200ms?

How are you connecting to the internet? wired or wireless? through a router? or just a modem?

Any other users on your network? secure or open network?

Do you use P2P software for downloading on your or any other PC in your house?

Have you closed all unwanted programs running in the background before you start LFS?

is your PC downloading updates or performing a virus scan?

What OS are you using?

Do you have the latest drivers for all your hardware?

SD.
Quote :Well it mainly depends on your internet connection. What is your speed?

4096 kbit/s / 768 kbit/s

Quote :What do you consider OK? 20ms/ 200ms?

interval between 33ms and 220ms

Quote :How are you connecting to the internet? wired or wireless? through a router? or just a modem?

ADSL router

Quote :Any other users on your network? secure or open network?

nobody. secure network.

Quote :Do you use P2P software for downloading on your or any other PC in your house?

Have you closed all unwanted programs running in the background before you start LFS?

is your PC downloading updates or performing a virus scan?

no for all above questions

Quote :What OS are you using?

windows xp professional service pack 3

Quote :Do you have the latest drivers for all your hardware?

yes

just noticed when typing this msg: when the game is folded everything is OK judging by network debug.

I have this same behaviour and am unable to run LFS in multiplayer on my i7 system.

I also have an intel i7 920 (4 cores @ 2667 mhz), GPU is different however, mine is an ATI HD4870, and my motherboard is a Asus P6T Deluxe v1 running winXP SP3 32bit.

All drivers and system patches are 100% up todate.

It has nothing to do with my internet connection because LFS runs perfectly well on my laptop which is only an Intel Core 2 Duo T9300 @ 2.5GHz but it uses the same internet connection and runs perfectly.

Single player is ok with the i7 but in multiplayer my car hops about all over the track, it´s like when you watch a driver on a server that has lag and you see his car pop about from place to place, I get the same thing with my own car which is just crazy.

With network debug on I see the same error as the OP, TCP ER : InitTime -= xxxx and then a number that just keeps getting higher and higher and higher until evenually, all other cars freeze and get a lag number above them, and after 3 or 4 minutes of this, I get disconnected from the server.

It´s very dissapointing that I can play this on my 17" laptop but I can not play it on my i7 with my 30" Dell monitor.

Is this a known issue ? Are the devs working on a fix ?
I have found temporary decision of our problem.

If track isn't loading at start LFS you need to join any server, quit, and then join the target server.
If track loads at start LFS to avoid these problems it is should be loaded any other track on the target server.

Then network debug shows TCP AV: InitTime +/-= 2. (everything is OK )

btw I noticing sometimes fps drops in single player..

sorry for my english

connetction problem with any server
(6 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG