The online racing simulator
MP3 Players .... questions!
(21 posts, started )
So I have a question....... I'm going to get a new mp3 player. My old and trusty 1st generation ipod has finally died and I need to get something to put my music on.

I have two questions for people to help my cause!

::1:: What mp3 player do you have and whats good and bad about it?

::2:: What mp3 player would you like and why?

If you have links to any then add them too

I'll answer question 2! I'd like the Zii Egg from Creative but it's not out yet. It has loads of features to it, apart from playing mp3's but I think with the better battery life, poses a great alternative to the itouch..
Ive owned iPod Touch and all i can say is dont buy it. Its not good for just MP3 playback, pointing on its size.

A simple creative (or similar) mp3 will make ur needz.
I have a sandisk sansa view, it´s ok, but it has lots of bugs. Also, it takes some time to start it up, since it thinks it's in lock-mode, so I have to switch it on like 20 times before it starts up. Putting videos on it is also far from easy.

I´d recommend an oldskool creative zen, it always works, uses a battery, cheap and easy.

Creatives don't usually break.
I recommend the Creative range
Quote from spacedskunk :I recommend the Creative range

yeah, really would like the Zii Egg but it's not out

I do want it for MP3's but I'd also like other things too. One reason I like the Zii.
blah blah
GET A NEW NANO! THEY CAN DO VIDEO AND EVERYONE LOVES VIDEOS! LOLOLOLOL!

/thread
Quote from StableX :yeah, really would like the Zii Egg but it's not out

I do want it for MP3's but I'd also like other things too. One reason I like the Zii.

Well the obvious choice..the iPod, limits to one computer. The Creative's don't, and I much prefer Windows Media Player to iTunes.
Quote from StableX :yeah, really would like the Zii Egg but it's not out

Wait for it then.. :P
Quote from spacedskunk :Well the obvious choice..the iPod, limits to one computer.

an ipod is limited to one PC? can't upload or change from any other PC apa\rt from a named one?
Creative FTW
I have 2 mp3 players, the first is a Creative Vision M, great for MP3 playback good for a little video here and there on the train, its got an FM player and it has a load of features i dont use. But it holds a good amount of tunes with enough room for a few videos.

The second is the Creative Mozaic, i bough this for mountain biking, its great. It can hold more tunes than i can listen to in a day, i cant feel it when im mountian biking or running its so light and the screen and interface are easy to use on the move. I got the wee case for it that clips on to your belt, if you put it in your pocket it will stay there all day no matter what you do and ive landed on it a few times and it still looks and works like new.

The player i would like to have is a bit of a dream player, i dont think Creative will ever make it. It would be the old Zen Jukebox series but the same size as the vision M with video playback, those were awsome players and 60Gb over 5 years ago
Quote from StableX :an ipod is limited to one PC? can't upload or change from any other PC apa\rt from a named one?

as far as I know, not with just the basic iTunes, for instance my computer has my music, but if I put my iPod in my laptop, iTunes trys to sync it with my laptop...basically wipe my ipod clean and put on the very little amount of music on there.
I have been using Archos for ages. Started with the Jukebox 6000 and after the hdd crashed (5 years) I got myself a nice gmini xs 202s, which is also around 4 years old now.

Simple and easy to use, no additional software required.
Quote from spacedskunk :as far as I know, not with just the basic iTunes, for instance my computer has my music, but if I put my iPod in my laptop, iTunes trys to sync it with my laptop...basically wipe my ipod clean and put on the very little amount of music on there.

... Don't set it to Auto-Sync mode. Set it to 'Manually Manage my music' on the Music (and Video/etcera) tab, and then you can add music from whatever computer you wish.
iTouch 2g or 3g FTW!
FOR ****S SAKE.

iPod Touch. IPOD TOUCH!

iTouch sounds like a masturbatory aide for someone with RSI!
thanks for the comments everyone. After speaking to a Creative developer, I'm going to wait for the Zii Egg
Actually in regards to my iPod, I bought Winamp Pro, and OMG its like the godsend of music playback...

I can copy music from my ipod...to my ipod etc...iTunes is no longer installed
Quote from spacedskunk :Actually in regards to my iPod, I bought Winamp Pro, and OMG its like the godsend of music playback...

lulz
winamp5 is 2nd most bloated software after Nero.
#20 - Jakg
I buy lots (were talking hundreds of £ here) and *lots* of stuff from DX but I'd never buy anything that needed quality from there - the MP3 players will sound like a badgers arse.
I have a Cowon iAudio7, it has very good audio (of course depending on the earbuds or earphones you use), it can decode many different formats and it has a simply fantastic battery life (quoted almost 60 hours - I can attest it isn't much less, if at all). Both advantage and disadvantage are the firmware updates - it is good that Cowon still supports its older models, but it can take them quite long to fix bugs (they only recently remedied a bug that only randomized the first 250 titles in a playlist and discarded the rest)... Sure, it doesn't have Wifi or Bluetooth and whatnot, but who needs that anyway? The only real drawback is its screen: You can watch videos on it, but with that screensize you better don't - it's only just sufficient for the menu...

(21 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG