The online racing simulator
Real Gauges help
(10 posts, started )
#1 - Zeos
Real Gauges help
I have gone through the similar threads and they are all from 06 and 07.

I have done all the research I can to try and find outgauge.net content or used betainnovations nitro-slg boards. There is nothing. It seems the hayday for this type of stuff was 06-08.. Well too bad! I dont understand how something as simple, as useful and as cool as controlling real gauges from a racing sim could go out of style.

I am asking if anyone here knows anyone/anything that can help with the usb controlling of a couple of Air-Core style gauges. No servo swaps.

I have built a custom H-Shifter and now it is time to get the porsche gauges working. I bought them before I knew what a pain in the ass finding this ends solution would be.

PLEASE HELP!
Porsche 911 dash? :jawdrop:
I also have a dash cluster, Out of a R33 Skyline (Has a standard boost gauge too!) and would love to get that working with LFS but can't seem to find any info???
#4 - Zeos
Yeah, I have done 2 weeks worth or research and the physical control board does not exist for sale anywhere anymore. I am hoping a few of my posts on robotics forums will land us a helpful robo-nerd to get us sim-nerds some real gauges working.
Hi,
what exactly is your problem? Do you need help figuring out how to adress the hardware gauges or do you need help programming the communication to outsim?
As far as the gauges are concerned you need to specify the year of production and maybe post a picture of the backside. The production year makes it possible to guess wheter the signals needed are analog or digital.

Anyway it might be possible I can help u with the hardware part. As far as the software part is concerned, you need to wait a few weeks because I haven't done that with lfs yet.
#6 - Zeos
#7 - Zeos
Quote from Tracid :Hi,
what exactly is your problem? Do you need help figuring out how to adress the hardware gauges or do you need help programming the communication to outsim?
As far as the gauges are concerned you need to specify the year of production and maybe post a picture of the backside. The production year makes it possible to guess wheter the signals needed are analog or digital.

Anyway it might be possible I can help u with the hardware part. As far as the software part is concerned, you need to wait a few weeks because I haven't done that with lfs yet.

Well doctor? does it look bad?
Well, it doesn't look too good, cause this one is much more complex due to its fabrication date. I am not familiar with the prosche specs, but I am guessing it's working with CAN-bus system. It's a VDO which is a good thing because you might actually be able to get the specs from them. The best way to get this to work would probably be to get a real porsche and use a signal analyser. As you can see, there are some ICs and even DSPs on the board, thus it is possible, that there is even a backwards communication with the car's ecu. I would say you have given yourself a mighty task.

I for one wouldn't do it without signal spec. And I wasn't able to find one for
you. Sorry
#9 - Zeos
Quote from Tracid :I for one wouldn't do it without signal spec. And I wasn't able to find one for
you. Sorry

Well Glad to hear even bad news. Now that RSC is back up I will throw my horrors their way.

On a side note I found the cluster out of a 199X Pontiac Grand Am that I can use for testing and prodding.
i need too help i have BMW dashboard and what controller i need to buy or built?

Real Gauges help
(10 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG