The online racing simulator
I expect I'll have no shortage of in-game cash, so I don't mind buying them (but obviously at mates rates ). And obviously I'll rate you 0 stars so that I'm the only one who can find you

I'm hoping to supplement my income with skin designs, but that market may be covered by the kind of people who recreate pixel-perfect real liveries. Won't stop me trying
I am really counting the days to this now. While I know expectation only leads to disapointment, I am really looking forward to this game. I know it will be like the previous forza's but I want to play around with all the new features and play with the old features some more. Also those reviews do nothing to quench my desire for this game. Bring on it on.

P.s: Has anyone else delibratly set aside time for this game? I have got the Monday and Tuesday off (26th/27th) so I am thinking 4 days of forza 3
Quote from obsolum :Not to be a party pooper here guys, but can we keep this about FM3 and not turn it into the "post your 10 favourite driving tracks" thread

I wasn't trying to make everyone post there favourite driving songs buddy. Look in the post i made near the top with the picture of the Audi. If you click that link, it will take you to Turn10's blog. Sign-In (providing your registered) and leave a comment on the blog with your top 10 driving songs. After you have done this, you will recieve that Audi A4 touring car for free when the game is realesed (no idea whether it means EU, Asian or US release though) all for free. You will also be entered into a competition, but i have no idea what the prize will be.

Anywho, it's nice to see FM3 getting some great review scores. Put's my mind at rest about pre-ordering it.

@ Greboth, i've took some time off too. The missus is going away at the end of this month and i have loooads of holiday to use up, so i'm only doing a few half-days for a week after the 23rd. Looking forward to it.
Quote from Nathan_French_14 :I wasn't trying to make everyone post there favourite driving songs buddy.

It wasn't directed at you, but at the people posting their list here
Well it's stopped now so let's move on

I just realised I have a scheduling conflict. Not only am I expecting my Forza 3 pre-order to arrive at work on the 23rd, I already have an appointment with my Extras casting guys that afternoon - which I was going to pull a sickie for anyway.

This presents a problem. I need to GO to work in order to collect the parcel, but how can I do that if I'm off "ill"? I may need to rethink my strategy. Perhaps a doctor's appointment would be the better plan. Maybe hospital. Perhaps I could cut off a toe or something.

I think it's funny this is up to page 21 in discussion and is still 2 weeks from release
Do you have personal belongings at work, like books or something? I was just thinking that you could maybe get your girlfreind/wife or a good freind to run in and ask your boss if they could just get some belongings, then get them to sneak out FM3. I've done it before with stuff when i've pulled a sickie.

@ Obsolum. Oh, sorry about that. I guess it was me that mis-understood.
Quote from Nathan_French_14 :@ Greboth, i've took some time off too. The missus is going away at the end of this month and i have loooads of holiday to use up, so i'm only doing a few half-days for a week after the 23rd. Looking forward to it.

Sounds like a good plan I already had more annual holiday than I knew what to do with, including plenty of time off for games but my annual holiday is going up again end of next week so even more days to have off So cue time off for games, I thought it was going too far though to book a whole week off lol so only a couple of days. Should be enough though

That Audi looks good though, going to be so fun painting that up to mimic the DTM cars
OMG guys, stop with the "i need to play it on day one!11! , i may cut my finger so i don't go to work" rubish, what are you, twelve?
Indeed....

This is beyond stupid now....
So you guys are saying if S3 got released with 30 real world tracks & 400 customizable cars you'd do nothing but bat an eyelid?
Quote from Boris Lozac :OMG guys, stop with the "i need to play it on day one!11! , i may cut my finger so i don't go to work" rubish, what are you, twelve?

Physically or mentally? Physically im 23, mentally it varies between about 5 - 13 years old I admit I am still a big kid when it comes to presents and new things so yes FM3 looks like it will be an awesome game and I am looking forward to playing it on the first day - Its me and ofcourse im going to express it. Even though I had a DFP, when I first got my G25 I spent the whole night on LFS and I am the same with everything.
Quote from Greboth :when I first got my G25 I spent the whole night on LFS and I am the same with everything.

So what did you do when you have your first boner?
Quote from JJ72 :So what did you do when you have your first boner?

It concerns me that you want to know that

And yes, Homeless-Drunk, that site is painfully slow. Nice find though!
I don't see what the problem is with some of us having some time off to play FM3, even if we wanna play it on Day 1. I work my ass off in two jobs to bring home money to pay the bills and put food on the table (ok, the missus helps with this too) and i haven't had a proper holiday in ages. I have 3 weeks holiday to use up this year, so i don't see the harm in taking a week off to enjoy this game while my partner is away, and then use the other 2 weeks for christmas and new year.

Btw, i'm not trying to start an argument. Just curious why you may think it's "stupid" of some of us to do so.
Clearly in Borisland (where being so pant-wettingly set against something that you can't help but follow the conversations like a hardcore dedicated fan) you're not supposed to get excited about things once you're above a certain age or something.

I've not yet found what age that should be though. If you're interested in something, why does the way you show it have to change just because you're carrying a few extra years? I don't get excited about Xmas or birthdays, but I get a feeling of pleasure when the working week is over. I don't get to drive cars fast in real life, so I'm quite excited about a new racing game coming out which I'm interested in.

We're GAMERS. We get excited about GAMES the same way that a GOLFER gets excited about playing GOLF. End of.
Quote from Dajmin :We're GAMERS. We get excited about GAMES the same way that a GOLFER gets excited about playing GOLF. End of.

zGDt305HUzt8M:http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n196/scienowriter/1explosion.jpg" alt="" onload="imageAutoSize(this)" />

Quote from Dajmin :Clearly in Borisland (where being so pant-wettingly set against something that you can't help but follow the conversations like a hardcore dedicated fan) you're not supposed to get excited about things once you're above a certain age or something.

I've not yet found what age that should be though. If you're interested in something, why does the way you show it have to change just because you're carrying a few extra years? I don't get excited about Xmas or birthdays, but I get a feeling of pleasure when the working week is over. I don't get to drive cars fast in real life, so I'm quite excited about a new racing game coming out which I'm interested in.

We're GAMERS. We get excited about GAMES the same way that a GOLFER gets excited about playing GOLF. End of.

Have i not put that razz smiley?
Quote from Homeless_Drunk :...I just saw a car pick up the front tires!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111111111111

Want. Want. Want.

Unfortunately, it looked horribly fake doing it. There was no weight transfer, no droop in the front tires, etc. Ugh. Add to that, the fact that you can't red light, can't do a burnout, and don't get to stage...they might as well have just left drag racing out, because all of the stuff that makes it fun, interesting, and challenging has been removed.
Quote from Cue-Ball :Unfortunately, it looked horribly fake doing it. There was no weight transfer, no droop in the front tires, etc. Ugh. Add to that, the fact that you can't red light, can't do a burnout, and don't get to stage...they might as well have just left drag racing out, because all of the stuff that makes it fun, interesting, and challenging has been removed.

I agree 173.42%. No car with low profile tires on 20's is going to do that, haha! When it comes to drag racing sims the original (not the shitty sequels) IHRA Drag Racing for the PC is king and will always be king since no one else has made or tried to make anything like it.

I think it's the idea that you can actually do that in Forza 3 is what's neat...weather it's realistic or not it's just another spiff
Yah, the charger lifting it's wheel like that made me cringe too.

Even though it wasn't a sim, i liked drag racing in NFS:Pro street. I thought it was quite cool the way the car leant over to one side occasionally, and how easy it was to loose control when on the rear wheels was cool too.
Trouble is, drag racing is a small niche, in an already niche product, as such, its never going to receive much attention from developers, which is why there haven't been any (decent) drag sims.
Quote from danowat :Trouble is, drag racing is a small niche, in an already niche product, as such, its never going to receive much attention from developers, which is why there haven't been any (decent) drag sims.

While that's totally true, how hard would it have been to implement staging and a tree? Both things are already there, they just don't work. Such a shame.

Of course, the same thing can be said of LFS. The drag strip has been there forever, but the only way we got working staging lights and tree was through an insim add-on by a community member.
Quote from Cue-Ball :While that's totally true, how hard would it have been to implement staging and a tree? Both things are already there, they just don't work. Such a shame.

Of course, the same thing can be said of LFS. The drag strip has been there forever, but the only way we got working staging lights and tree was through an insim add-on by a community member.

Exactly.

Forza Motorsports 3
(3388 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG