The online racing simulator
I just leave the fuel at 50% coming into a server, then if I'm feeling good about a combo, I'll actually put in the right amount.

Regarding setups, simply typing, "Can someone send me a setup for this track?" works wonders, you frequently get more than one racer sending you a setup that way.

A little politeness goes a long way online.
Quote from SamH :Congratulations on quitting. I'm trying to do it gradually by cutting down, which is leaving me short-tempered and irritable I think. It's not helping my lap times either!

For the record, I also respond accurately when asked and it's not being asked that irritates me, it's the fact that I'm usually asked the question by server-hoppers who come into a server, race maybe half or one race, generally make a mess (often of someone else's race too) and then bugger off. There does seem to be a correlation.

I wish fuel strategy was part of the setup. That would definitely help, generally.

The Z kinda signifies the grimaced look on my face, when I'm racing apparently! It's a carry-over from a bunch of online friends going back about 10 years or so. We've all gone our separate ways by and large since, but retained our Zs

Dude when i read your postings most of the time i have the feeling you think everybodys a noob and you have to tell them how it goes.

Yes it is anoying when people ask for something in a way that maybe is a kind of rude or simular but on the other side there are still people
which did a lot of races,
are able to deal with most of the cars because the drove em before, which can ask friendly for informations or a setup and will stay on the server for longer.

I dont know how serious you really take this game but i hope you still have fun while racing.

:doh: i do. :bump:

Edit: @avellis: speachless...

have a nice day.
#53 - SamH
Quote from 510N3D :Dude when i read your postings most of the time i have the feeling you think everybodys a noob and you have to tell them how it goes.

Err.. no. I consider myself very much a noob. Compared with a lot of people I AM a noob. I've only driven 30K miles on LFS so far, and that pales by comparison with others. I ask questions, same as anyone else, and I give responses when I have an opinion. Use ignore if that doesn't suit you because I'm not about to stop.

And yeah, I have a blast on LFS. I love it. Perhaps I take it more seriously than you, I don't know, but I do take it quite seriously. Is that wrong?
Quote from SamH :Err.. no. I consider myself very much a noob. Compared with a lot of people I AM a noob. I've only driven 30K miles on LFS so far, and that pales by comparison with others. I ask questions, same as anyone else, and I give responses when I have an opinion. Use ignore if that doesn't suit you because I'm not about to stop.

And yeah, I have a blast on LFS. I love it. Perhaps I take it more seriously than you, I don't know, but I do take it quite seriously. Is that wrong?

im not about to ignore you or others point of view but in some cases that points are not very clear for me so i try to figure out why. And well to say it that way, my goal is, everytime i do something esp. lfs to give my best in every situation. But still its fun for me and helping each other is part of that.

Bitching around or maybe trow some ideas on the market about bitching in some way is what i dont like even if is just some kind of humor, sarcasm or ironic.

And do not take this personal but i think you misunderstood this thread and its meaning. And i still cant see the humor in it so i still disagree
Quote from tristancliffe :I love telling people the right amount of fuel minus a percent or two. It's so satisfying, especially when they start swearing and leave. If it was that important you'd think they'd do a couple of laps and some simple arithmetic, or just check FuelControl Online.

heaven forbid they rely on the friendlyness of their fellow man...
not everyone is as anally englishly retentive as you either, many wouldn't consider saying 'fuel?' to be rude, just efficient.
If I knock on your front door and shouted FOOD, would you invite me in for a meal? Or would you rummage round and find some stale bread for me at the most. Exactly. Manners are manners, and this 'internet efficiency' isn't polite. It would take perhaps 3 nano seconds more to make it a nice question. But I guess time is money, and these people who can find hours to play LFS can't spare that much time writing coherent sentences.
If I ask my girlfriend if she'd like a cup of tea in the mornings by saying 'Tea?' is this also impolite?
Ah, but that's got the bonus of familiarity and context, both valid points in the world of communication. You imply, through the fact you've known her, and general convention of getting up, that the whole sentence is "Would you like a cup of tea this monring honey?".

Never forget context, familiarity and convention when discussing nuances of communication, nor the fact that text based systems between strangers might not always be as obvious or polite as intended.
hehe, so it'd be ok if the people knew you? because it's clearly got context, and it sounds like it's got some convention...
Indeed. You're getting the hang of this aren't you
could we maybe get this stickied so that everyone is aware of the proper forms to follow when asking questions so they don't offend anyone with their needless efficiency? Or maybe get it included in the license conditions, or even have a training mission devoted to it?
Quote from Blowtus :could we maybe get this stickied so that everyone is aware of the proper forms to follow when asking questions so they don't offend anyone with their needless efficiency? Or maybe get it included in the license conditions, or even have a training mission devoted to it?

:ices_rofl :banana:
-
(Hankstar) DELETED by Hankstar : drunk
#63 - Goop
I quite like a please on the end of a setup request too :cyclops: but eh, I give them to anyone who asks, even if it is little more than a grunt with a question mark.

Maybe I'd feel different if I had made the setup
Since I often ask "how much fuel do you need?" I'd be unimpressed if someone gave me a dodgy figure. If the server is just doing 5 lap races it doesn't matter much to me, it's not too hard to do some laps, F12 and set the right fuel for the next race. Anything longer than 10 laps though, and I like to have some idea before I fuel up. In UF1s for example, having half a tank of fuel for a ten-lapper can slow you down quite a bit..but then I tend to ask nice-like, so people are usually happy to share info or setups...

But those punks who sit there spamming "SS" for minutes on end, well...if I can be bothered being an a-hole I send them monster truck setups with dirt tyres Usually I can't be bothered being an a-hole because hitting "-" is a lot easier than messing with people
your so right about the setup collectors

i've no problem with someone asking about fuel or if theyre misguided enough asking for my setup. but you see some users that just ask everyone for their setup and then attempt to try each one until they crash, then they change and try another one. apart from the message overload from them it dam anoying having someone barreling into the first bend with no idea how their car is going to behave and taking out most of the field.

i had one the other night that went past me in the braking zone going so fast that i thought he was going to come out of the side of my monitor.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG