The online racing simulator
Anyone wouldn't mind sharing vray ready lfs car models? Because I fed up converting them, converted XRT with no problems, but FZR...
Hmm, found some textures for the wheels + added numberplate. But what's wrong with my side window? It should be dark, but the mirror and side window looks weird, dunno why.
HIGH RESOLUTION
Quote from iFastLT :Hmmm, I think that's not lightning problem, it might be something with rendering

If you add lamps, the lighting from those can reflect like that. Take a look at the lamps you added (if any) and check where the focal point are, and compare to the rendered image. I've had this problem too and for me, it was the lamps I added that did this.
I also had the same problem, but I corrected it with photoshop.
For mirror, you might want to redo the surface geometry so it's not completely flat. Real car mirrors are slightly bulged to give wide view.
Also experiment with the material, right now you have it set to 100% reflectivity which is probably bit too "perfect" mirror. Experiment with material and see if there's a way to add very subtle blur or fade to remove unnatural sharpness, just don't over do it.
I don't know how to correct the reflections, someone already said that to me. Maybe you can help?
Quote from andRo. :I don't know how to correct the reflections, someone already said that to me. Maybe you can help?

Unfortunately I'm not familiar with Blender, but you should be able to figure it out by just experimenting. In situation like this where you're trying to find out what setting does what, it would be faster in terms of rendering time to just create a new scene with sphere and flat ground. Apply your mirror material to sphere and go messing around with settings and see what happens.

Although, in this case I would choose to just leave it for post-processing stage in Photoshop. Sometimes it's not worth spending too much time trying to create an effect in rendertime if it can be very easily be done later on in image editing program.
I've heard all the cool people do rendering nowdays, so I decided to give it a try.
My first and probably last LFS render since I don't really like to do these using someone else's work. Besides, converting from blender to .obj format seems to break smoothing groups and UV mapping, fixing those takes some time and it's boring as hell. Couple small glitches and default wheels are ugly.

Rendered with Mental Ray
Looks nice and clean aside some glitches.
Quote from Gustix :Kansei that FZR looks gorgeous

5tag request

Thanks again and very good job on the rims again too!
Excelent!! Very nice scene! Simple but nice and clean.
...moved to "Render My Skin"...
Quote from phoenixIlooka :Hi!

Could someone here do me a favor please?
I'd like to get these 2 Skins Rendered onto 1 pic.
Resolution would be 1680x1050 or higher wide format

wrong thread but anyway, here you go
Attached images
rend.png
What's wrong with your back lights, your front lights, the rear diffuser, Rear numberplate and exhausts?
Quote from Bose321 :What's wrong with your back lights, your front lights, the rear diffuser, Rear numberplate and exhausts?

Dunno what's wrong with backlights Front lights are heavily tinted, because it looks ugly with default texture. I don't see anything wrong with diffuser? Rear numberplate is "removed". And exhaust, hmmm, didn't notice it, inside should be black, not gray.
The diffuser is way too black IMO. And the rear lights like plastic. Look the edges, they're a bit grey here and there.
Quote from Bose321 :The diffuser is way too black IMO. And the rear lights like plastic. Look the edges, they're a bit grey here and there.

Ok, maybe you're right about it, gonna try to fix those glitches, thanks for remarks
Hmm, my new render. I like it myself, I worked a bit harder on this one. Everything was done by me, but Gustix told me how to fix the glass and the reflection problems, so thanks to him.

High-res
Quote from andRo. :Hmm, my new render. I like it myself, I worked a bit harder on this one. Everything was done by me, but Gustix told me how to fix the glass and the reflection problems, so thanks to him.

Very nice - your renders are improving quiet well
Quote from andRo. :Hmm, my new render. I like it myself, I worked a bit harder on this one. Everything was done by me, but Gustix told me how to fix the glass and the reflection problems, so thanks to him.

High-res

u just need to improve your glass and brake materials
anyway, nice job

3D LFS renders
(8243 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG