The online racing simulator
Test Patch Z16 (online compatible)
(203 posts, closed, started )
Quote from hansonator69 :I like the "view moves with animation" it's a nice little feature.
Makes it more immersive for me.
Thanks devs

This feature has been there for ages
Quote from Flame CZE :This feature has been there for ages

Oh really? I only found it today lol. But it isn't the "view changes with steering" feature. "Move with animation" just makes the view shake around a bit.
Quote from hansonator69 :Oh really? I only found it today lol. But it isn't the "view changes with steering" feature. "Move with animation" just makes the view shake around a bit.

No, really. Check it in the previous patches
Shadow bug with 3 (fake) monitors and 360° FOV
Z16 tweak coming soon :3
Attached images
lfs_00000109.jpg
Quote from Bob Smith :Widdowmaker - the old method is correct if you have your screens all aligned (i.e. to form one wide flat display). To use 3 viewports effectively you need to angle in your side screens, and by quite some amount.

it works quite well on just a single screen as well
better than the linear distortions anyway
the edges are a bit dizzying though particularly on the far back object os id prefer a fisheye mode (only horizontally) for single screen setups
http://strlen.com/gfxengine/fisheyequake/compare.html

images were taken with 115° and 90° respectively
Attached images
lfs_multi.gif
Quote from Matrixi :Does this mean TrackIR users can look around to sides more than 90 degrees again? That was very annoying when it got changed from the "old" LFS. I'm too lazybutt to dig up my dusty TIR and install the drivers to try it for this feature alone.

Yes, all view modes including VR (axis look) and TIR can also turn heads 180 degrees each way.

Quote from Shotglass :it works quite well on just a single screen as well
better than the linear distortions anyway
the edges are a bit dizzying though particularly on the far back object os id prefer a fisheye mode (only horizontally) for single screen setups

You can set up to 5 left and 5 right screens on a single monitor to produce an approximate cylindrical projection of 11 narrow views. That allows a wider FOV without stretching at the edges + small dashboard. It produces its own kind of distortion instead... that may be nicer but reduces frame rate.
› [LTC] Krammeh : JOOS - SET WHL

Posted a replay of this error occuring. Hopefully this will help you!

edit: after doing some testing, it looks like it is the XFR, so I have disabled it on my host to try stop the error. Will let you know if it happens again
Attached files
joos_error.mpr - 56.3 KB - 353 views
Quote from Krammeh :› [LTC] Krammeh : JOOS - SET WHL

Posted a replay of this error occuring. Hopefully this will help you!

edit: after doing some testing, it looks like it is the XFR, so I have disabled it on my host to try stop the error. Will let you know if it happens again

Oh noes, one of my favorite cars have been disabled.
the new dashboard icons really look neat with enabled speedo.
but why arent they in cockpit? :/
Quote from fraghetti :the new dashboard icons really look neat with enabled speedo.
but why arent they in cockpit? :/

Why does nobody ever read what Scawen says?
Quote from Scawen :Virtual dash uses symbols (soon to be implemented on real dashboards)

New patch seems, fine, thanks very much. Haven't had any connection issues/errors yet either.
Or maybe not
Quote from wheel4hummer :Yes, I meant these:

here in sweden its called positioning lights.. they light up as part of the "let prople know where i am, without my lights on" thingie.. when u just turn ur ignition on.. if u get what i mean? :P

Tho they should work in lfs too i think..
tho we also need a ignition button (we have starter now), and we need "3" changed from highbeam to lowbeam, and have "G" as highbeam as ussual..
looks like a side indicator light to me
LFS is going fast to forvard

No bugs founded
Quote from Scawen :You can set up to 5 left and 5 right screens on a single monitor to produce an approximate cylindrical projection of 11 narrow views. That allows a wider FOV without stretching at the edges + small dashboard. It produces its own kind of distortion instead... that may be nicer but reduces frame rate.

neat looks surprisingly good and the warping at the screen edges is a lot less noticeable
the framerate drop is quite severe though
Quote from CasseBent :looks like a side indicator light to me

I think those are further back, behind the front wheels.
Headlights and tail lights can now be switched on by pressing '3'

Does this mean night time is coming?!

EDIT: And yes i am having the disconnecting problem as well.
wow nice patch , didnt found any bugs yet.
cant wait for the next update

good work Scawen
Quote from AndroidXP :Why does nobody ever read what Scawen says?

sorry, just came back from 1. grundausbildungs-woche as grundwehrdiener. hope you can forgive me.
Quote from zeugnimod :I think those are further back, behind the front wheels.

They're blinking when I press the 9 key, if that's not what indicators do, I'm not fit to drive.

edit: so in conclusion: No, it shouldn't light up, as it's not a side marker
Quote from morpha :Ah, did some research. Apparently MS introduced a new display management layer with Vista, preventing the driver from "faking" a display, which is essentially what spanning does. Unfortunately, Seven also comes with this stupid management layer. In other words, if you've got Vista or Seven, you cannot use spanning modes. You can only use modes supported by an actual physical display, it's no longer possible to create a virtual display device and let the graphics adapter, or its driver respectively, handle the output.

duh, the driver/kernel changes in vista is a major improvement over XP and making vista a lot more stable. Windows 7 = vista with some gui updates.
So the graphics manfactures must write proper drivers to support multiple display's.
Although a product of microsoft and thus essentially total crap, for a microsoft product vista is really, really good compared to XP.
i also have multiplayer problems... i suddenly got an error and all the ppl on the using z16 on server. got it too and couldnt log on to it again
I've seen the new-ish BMWs and other luxury cars with them, but I have yet to see what happens if you indicate with them on I was thinking of adding to them to my car (partly because it gets lost in traffic at night, it's hard to see it :shy, but I fear I would look like a BMW driver

I like the patch though, there's lots of little things added and fixed, good to see it's all the time having minor things being done even though we only hear about the Scirocco, Rockingham, new physics, etc.
YES YES YES!!

The multiview is something I've been waiting for for ages, it was always a bit too strange using 3 screens before.
This thread is closed

Test Patch Z16 (online compatible)
(203 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG