The online racing simulator
Test Patch Z16 (online compatible)
(203 posts, closed, started )
Quote from PLAYAPIMP :By that do you mean I can see the smoke when I am drifting through the window? Cuz I can't.

Quote from Bob Smith :morpha - apparently the EyeFinity tech gets round that, essentially brining back span to those who defected from XP to Vista/7.

Ha, you outposted my edit
Quote from Bob Smith :You're implying Vista is more stable than XP? I agree though that SoftTH isn't very stable, v1.08 was awful for me in that regard, so I switched back to using v1.07, a shame, as v1.08 does improve frame rates.

Alternatively, buy a Matrox TripleHead2Go, upgrade your graphics card to an ATI 5800 series with EyeFinity support, or just buy an 8 megapixel monitor and run LFS in any window size you care to dream of.

morpha - apparently the EyeFinity tech gets round that, essentially brining back span to those who defected from XP to Vista/7.

the triple head2go is cost prohibitive for me at the moment.
Scawen, appreciate these mods, really do! but will there ever be a smoke update where its not so weedy!? maybe like the rfactor smoke?? dont get me wrong i prefer lfs (lol) but the smoke in rfactor is just kick ass!!! thanks mate love the patch!
Quote from J03130 :Scawen, appreciate these mods, really do! but will there ever be a smoke update where its not so weedy!? maybe like the rfactor smoke?? dont get me wrong i prefer lfs (lol) but the smoke in rfactor is just kick ass!!! thanks mate love the patch!

+1 here too m8
@gotspeed: under the advanced nvidia controlpanel, I click setup multiple displays and it's the first section there. I have 5 options, including spanning horizontally or vertically.
#107 - STF
"3" doesn`t show up in "reserved keys" list (options>controls menu)

It isn`t even reserved, if I bind "rear view" to "3", it uses the rear view, and lights stay off.

Could be cool if XRG's headlights would pop up from the hood when lit .
Quote from CasseBent :@gotspeed: under the advanced nvidia controlpanel, I click setup multiple displays and it's the first section there. I have 5 options, including spanning horizontally or vertically.

i don't have any options in that view just the 2 monitors with check boxes and verify your display configuration with the 2 monitors and where there at.
Fences still seem to have transparency problems with smoke, thought I'd post this in case it was supposed to be fixed along with the windshield transparency.
Attached images
fencebug.jpg
Thanks a bunch! Yay!
Quote from PLAYAPIMP :If you look at my post before the windshield also has issues

http://www.lfsforum.net/attach ... id=93419&d=1254524120

I believe you might have misunderstood what the transparency fix was supposed to be all about. Before the Z16 patch the corners of the windscreen weren't properly transparent, they had a rough transition when there was smoke or dust in front of you. Now it's fixed, fences still have the same rough transition problem though.
Attached images
winds.jpg
Aww boo. They should fix the rear view windshield so you can see smoke like were i took the pic
no smoke with me too
Attached images
Untitled.png
#116 - STF
It's worth mentioning another small detail that may have gone unnoticed:

XRG/XRT interior. In patch X the "signal/lights/wipers" levers are in the correct position for LHD and RHD.
Now, since Z onwards I noticed that when using LHD they are reversed, as it would be the case for RHD. It happens to XRG, XFG is okay.

Didn`t see it mentioned anywhere, so don`t shoot if it`s a "known issue".
Had patch for bout 20 minutes and i love the lights and new warning symbols and all that but i think i found a bug with virtual guages. I don't know if it's me and have never noticed it or if it is because they have been made bolder they overlap the CT guage in the F9 menu heres a picture.

http://img27.imageshack.us/img27/169/bughl.png
Quote from Ashley Williams :Hope this hasnt been picked up before but here is a bug ive found i even made a viideo....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vt3TPCc2dz8

A

Can you try turning on VSync? 250fps is nice, but that might be what's interfering with it. See if the bug is still there with v sync (also, may I suggest some AA for that 500fps you say you get? )
Good,hurries to renew
Quote from Ashley Williams :Hope this hasnt been picked up before but here is a bug ive found i even made a viideo....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vt3TPCc2dz8

A

Quote from MijnWraak :Can you try turning on VSync? 250fps is nice, but that might be what's interfering with it. See if the bug is still there with v sync (also, may I suggest some AA for that 500fps you say you get? )

It's not vsync related, I get the same with vsync on. It's something Scawen must have overlooked when he implemented the multiple render targets.
Bug confirmed on a 4870X2, so it's not nvidia's fault either
Loving the "3" feature,works nicely,great work guys!
Quote from Scawen :
Other updates :

Click car arrow on small map to view that car

Thanks for adding one of my suggestions and for the other updates in this test patch
Quote from Bob Smith :I've updated my FOV calculator and stuck a link to it on my setup tools web page, with my 3x 22" screens and a FOV of 130° (equivalent to 100° with a single viewport), I need to angle my side screens by 51° (see photo)! I do find it more immersive than a single, very wide display. Not sure if I'll stick to racing with it though, as the back of my CRTs move into the magnetic field of my speakers, and the edges of the image warp and discolour, which can't be good.

I just tried the new multi-screen options and it feels great! A lot more immersive and somehow give the car the feel of bulk and weight. I found the best view for me was 230deg with the monitors angled at 60deg, this is with 3 x 22" LCD's on a TH2G.

Seeing the side of the head rests out of the corner of your eyes in the XRR gives an awsome feel and the whole experience feels far more 3D than before, a huge thumbs up from me.
Quote from hp999 :Picture speaks for itself I think. I'll install Z15 again,that should fix it.

I just had this error connecting to LTC and it constantly tried to reconnect me over and over again. It tried to connect me about 4 different times before I ctrl+alt+del and shut down LFS that way. I tried again after I restarted and it did it again.
I like the "view moves with animation" it's a nice little feature.
Makes it more immersive for me.
Thanks devs
This thread is closed

Test Patch Z16 (online compatible)
(203 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG