The online racing simulator
Excellent news. Sites are down again.
are you sure? seem fine to me. although i am in the middle of a migration so that could be affecting things for you.
Maybe that's it. I'm off to bed, I'll check again in the morning and let you know.
Quote :Hello Everybody,

Some clarrification is needed on some issues we have had over the last few days

We have for a long time now kept servers hosted under different roofs in order to maintain some kind of redundancy in that at any given time there will always be atleast 50% of our servers online in the event of a failure at one of the sites.

it is no secret that we use Rapidswitch to house 2 of our machines in. a Webserver and one of our game servers.

For a while they have been very reliable, up until approximately 2 months ago when the company changed ownership. It seems since then things have changed for the worse and the lack of support (especially in relation to the webserver) has been showing.

As a result we are currently spending some extra cash and are moving away from rapidswitch.

Heres what we are doing:

New Game server machine is being setup in order for us to move hosts as seemlessly as possible. More information will come shortly to those affected.

New Webserver was ordered a couple of weeks ago and was put in with our second provider yesterday, it is in the process of being setup and we should be moving away from the recent issues of unreliability we have been experiencing with the current server.

Currently our main Control panel interface has been hosted with one of our gameservers. This meant that if that game service was to go down, the control panel and all support links have been unaccessable. We are now changing this and the control panel is being installed on its own dedicated machine and on a seperate (but close) network from all of our game servers.

This should help us to remain Available in times of crises and for everybody to be able to use their control panel at all times.

In order to get things working as soon as possible we are making the move as we speak.

There will effectively be 2 changes:
1) users on the ip: 78.129.220.131 will be using the ip: 81.19.209.208 with effect from this morning (8am BST)
2) All users will need to use: http://500control.co.uk for control panel access (if you prefer you can use direct ip of: http://83.170.119.130

I appreciate that this is short notice but please bare with us and rest assured that full normal service will be available by the weekend.

We are also moving our Webserver tonight, anybody who currently has a website hosted with us and that use their own domain name will need to change your name servers to:

NS1.500servers.co.uk 81.19.209.204
NS2.500servers.co.uk 81.19.209.254

For c-panel access you will be able to use: cpanel.yourdomain.com or http://81.19.209.204:2082

Regards,
Dean
Franky500 - 500 Servers owner
http://www.500servers.com
We are still working on the move as we speak, Please bare with us. Service may be disrupted from time to time throughout the day as we make the change over.

Thanks for your patience.
i have an event in 3.5 hours. we should be ok yes?
Yes you will be fine.. What time do you expect your event to finish (i will ensure it is not interfeared with)
around 23:00GMT at the latest. and thank you!!!
Come on Dean, answer the emails and tell us whats going on....
He has told you what's going on, things only go as fast as they go.
Dean,

Will this move be concluded by sunday-evening? We'll be starting a 24h qualification session at 20:30CET of that evening. I guess that won't be a problem that late in the weekend?
Hi Yamasuba.

The move will be concluded today (between now and 10am) most of the things were put into place during the day today and just need a few adjustments here and there to make it all final.
Quote from garph :He has told you what's going on, things only go as fast as they go.

Oh sorry mate, i was not aware you paid for my severs

Hang on you dont, so maybe you can keep your nose out.

Franky

Server Error in '/' Application. on new CP
Quote from birder :Oh sorry mate, i was not aware you paid for my severs

with an attitude like that, i'm surprised anyone even joins your server... prick.
Say what you like, all i want is Franky to do what he says

I have been with him for several years and pay up front (year in advance) so i know all his bad points and his good.

All i have ever asked is for 500Servers to answer my emails or questions when there is a problem, but as they do not i have to post here and involve the whole of LFS in what should be done from supplier to customer and i think thats fair.

If you had 8 servers each with LFSBuddy so 16 with 8 you cant see in the CP and there is an error that we are told will be fixed this morning but its still the same, in the afternoon, please tell me what you would do.
Quote from birder :Oh sorry mate, i was not aware you paid for my severs

Franky

Server Error in '/' Application. on new CP

currently sorting this out, when it is done that will be the move preety much completed.

Sorry for the delay.
answer appreciated
Quote from birder :answer appreciated

attitude not.
you're not the only person who has servers down. so please stop hogging the only admin in 500servers. thanks.
Everything is now ready.

Over the next couple of hours i will be stopping the old servers and starting everybodys new ones one by one. If your server is busy at the time, i will wait and do the changeover at a later time.

As of now please use http://500control.co.uk for making changes to your server(s)
Quote from franky500 :Everything is now ready.

Over the next couple of hours i will be stopping the old servers and starting everybodys new ones one by one. If your server is busy at the time, i will wait and do the changeover at a later time.

As of now please use http://500control.co.uk for making changes to your server(s)

thanks for making it right. and i for one am glad you spend time currecting the problem a.s.a.p. instead of checking your mail......
Quote from franky500 :If your server is busy at the time, i will wait and do the changeover at a later time.

As far as my [R-R]-servers are concerned, don't mind them being busy..
You can shut them down anyway and startup the new ones.
How can we access our old servers?

I see the new servers in the control panel but still stopped. I also see the Airio config on the new server, but still not running too.

Might be because one of our affected servers is quite busy.

However, the Airio config on the new server is an outdated one!!!

How can I access my current Airio config to backup the current files?

Or do you copy them again just before you restart the new servers?

Else changes and hotlaps might be lost!
Hi Crady,

You can access all the files still via FTP:

78.129.220.131 port 21.

simply use your Control panel login details. This will be available until tomorrow afternoon. All restrictions have been lifted from this FTP
Quote from franky500 : simply use your Control panel login details.

Didn't work for me. It's not all that important, so you won't have to bother looking into this. After changing the IP-adresses my servers are up and running again. Everything looking AOK!
Dean

I sent you an email. thanks
This thread is closed

500servers.com Support Thread
(2865 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG