The online racing simulator
The new car in S3?
(128 posts, started )
A fictional LMP2 would be nice for endurance racing
Having 2 different LMPs would be even better
Quote from The Stig PL :wait. isn't XFG naturally aspirated ?

It is. Doesn't change the trend... 4 cylinders everywhere. No road V's. Almost nothing but ~2 liters. Only 1 weird MR and nothing but "difficult"-tempered models in the only pure sports car class.
I would love to have a Ginetta G20,

And the G50,

I think they would be great in LFS, or just a car that is similar to the G20
The MRT is more a kart than a formula
Quote from The Very End :The MRT is more a kart than a formula

i would have to agree after watching "mean green machines - smart kart smackdown"... the only difference between that FSAE and the MRT is the engine is swapped for laptop batteries.

i'mma shut up now before that guy from mcgill corrects me...
Formulas don't use the chassis for suspension.
Quote from The Very End :The MRT is more a kart than a formula

Apart from the fact that it runs in a formula championship, has suspension, seatbelts, brakes on all four corners and things that usually define them as a car. And as the series they run in is called Formula Student, I'd say that it's a formula car.
Quote from tristancliffe :Apart from the fact that it runs in a formula championship, has suspension, seatbelts, brakes on all four corners and things that usually define them as a car. And as the series they run in is called Formula Student, I'd say that it's a formula car.

Alltho I have no problems accepting the... thing as a formula, my personal opinion is that it's much more alike kart, both in term of look and handling. Sure, I can see the points about things as you mention, but well.. hey I use chase veiw so what do I know?
Quote from el pibe :MORRIS MARINA !!!! so we can throw pianos at them when we get annoyed of being beaten by the uf1's

with piano rain
#87 - Zay
Quote from bunder9999 :we already have the mrt...

Ok this is it, for all of you who think the MRT is a kart,well its NOT A KART!!!!!
#88 - Zay
Quote from tristancliffe :Apart from the fact that it runs in a formula championship, has suspension, seatbelts, brakes on all four corners and things that usually define them as a car. And as the series they run in is called Formula Student, I'd say that it's a formula car.

sorry for double post but THANK YOU!!!
Quote from Zay :Ok this is it, for all of you who think the MRT is a kart,well its NOT A KART!!!!!

Quote from Zay :sorry for double post but THANK YOU!!!

Stop beeing so serious
Quote from deggis :I have zero interest in oval racing but I'd be happy with a stock car. Because it means rwd, lotsa power and not so sophisticated handling.

Yeh, who says stock cars have to run exclusively on ovals? I'd even be happy with a Stock Car Brasilish car or a TC car.

Of course, if stock cars isn't what the devs have in mind then the prototype would make me just as happy

Quote from Zay :Ok this is it, for all of you who think the MRT is a kart,well its NOT A KART!!!!!

Wait...isn't the MRT based off the Formula SAE? (in other words almost an exact fictional duplicate?)
A stock car would be good fun.
Quote from Kristi :Audi R10 from Le mans 24h

don't you mean Audi R15 because the latest Le mans 24h was run using the R15s

Quote from Sir moi 407 :A fictional LMP2 would be nice for endurance racing
Having 2 different LMPs would be even better

that would also be really cool
-
(blakehoo88) DELETED by blakehoo88
We're missing cars specialized for rally, dragstrip and oval duties.

I think that rally could be covered by adding trims to cars already available, but the other two have been completely neglected.

In light of the announced track, a Stock car would make a lot of sense.

We should start a betting pool
i know about the XRT but i can't drive it....i'm stuck with the XRG
How about a real car like a R89C.
Quote from ACCAkut :that was the DP1 tristan and I meant. That guy offered it to them, but afaik the Devs put him on hold, was about two years ago. Funny thing now that same guy offers are wide varity of cars, he plans a sort of Ariel Atom with a Chevy V8 atm

Quote from SidiousX :I swore that when I originally read about that car, that it was run by two hayabusa engines sharing a crankshaft...Guess I'm wrong.

Partially wrong. The dp1 will have a Hartley V8 which is basically two hayabusa heads mounted on a single block. It will produce well over 400hp in a car that weighs about 450kg with all wheel drive.

He now has plans for multiple cars, some of which can be fitted with a variety of motors, a Chevy LS V8 would be one of the options.

http://www.palatov.com/cars/dp2.html

And Tristan, what makes you think that a dp1 would be less difficult to race than a LX8?
Thanks for the link Hallen; I haven't looked at the DP1 project in a couple years now.. I'm lovin the body restyling... Looks gorgeous. I'm really hoping that's the new set of wheels in S3. I bet it'd be more manageable than an LMP.
Quote from jvcala2 :i know about the XRT but i can't drive it....i'm stuck with the XRG

Yeah, well. It sounds kind of strange saying you would really like an XRG with a turbo since it is available in S1. We are now talking about a car that we would like in S3 so you could not drive that car either

I hope more real content is the trend for S3 but I don't get my hopes up. And I hope they will step up to a newer Direct X when that time comes.

The new car in S3?
(128 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG