The online racing simulator
Andrews Motorsport Press Release
(33 posts, started )
Commodore Cup’s Youngest Star Samples Record-Holding V8 Supercar

Commodore Cup young-gun Scott Andrews had his first taste of V8 Supercar driving today at Winton, slotting in behind the wheel of the TAG Motorsport Commodore campaigned by Tony Bates in the Fujitsu V8 Supercar Series.

The Alternative Freight Services / W.A. Freight Group VZ Commodore has a rich pedigree, as it is the same car in which Greg Murphy set his famous 2:06 lap around Mt Panorama, Bathurst, in 2003: a record that still stands today.

Andrews, who became the youngest-ever Commodore Cup national series pole position winner in the previous round of the series at Oran Park, was awed by the contrast between the different race cars.

“The V8 Supercar is a completely different beast to drive compared to the Commodore Cup car,” he said.

“The acceleration is just incredible. When I shifted up to the next gear, it seemed like I was already on the rev-limiter before I knew it!

“Braking took a lot of time to get used to as well. You have to brake well before the corner and absolutely stand on the brake pedal. I thought I was braking really hard, but when I looked at the data afterwards, I wasn’t achieving even half the brake pressures the regular drivers achieve.

“You have to be really precise through the corners. You can’t play with the car mid-corner like you can in a Commodore Cup car, because you have to keep the car as straight as possible on the exit so you can get back on the power early.

“Overall, I was really happy with how the test went. I have to send a big, big thank you to Tony Bates for inviting me to come and test his car, because it was an extremely generous thing for him to do. Sean Scott, the TAG Motorsport engineer and team manager, was very helpful in going through the data with me as well, and I think next time I have the opportunity to test a V8 Supercar, I can take on board what I learned today and move further forward.

“My times were already on par with some of the other Fujitsu Series drivers who were testing at Winton today, and I only did 10 laps in the car, so hopefully I have the opportunity to do some more testing and then I’ll be on the pace straight away if and when I start racing in the Fujitsu Series,” Andrews concluded.

Scott Andrews will next be on track in the final round of the Commodore Cup national series at Sandown at the end of November, while Tony Bates will be contesting Round 6 of the Fujitsu V8 Supercar Series at Bathurst in just over a week.
#2 - Fuse5
awesome stuffs skot!
Looking forward to seeing you winning races in V8 )
Cool dude. Are you likely to be signed by a team for V8 or would you have to bring funding to drive one?
Great stuff! Sounds very very exciting. Especially if you were already on the pace of some of the other guys.
Thanks guys. MadCat, I would have one by now if I had the fundings! You have to bring funds or sponsors with you, unless you are very very lucky. I was lucky enough to be given this test drive for nothing, it would usually be up around the 10k mark. This is the pinnacle of Australian Motorsport (or one step from it, at least), so it's very expensive. Last years winning championship car in the main-game of v8supercars was sold for approx. 600k! :o
Sweet shizzle Duckface! I'm going to have to take a souvenir before you become limited-access

*plucks feather and frames it on the wall*
#7 - 5haz
Very naice, onwards and upwards.
Good Luck in your career mate
#9 - amp88
Sounds absolutely fantastic. Not only driving a V8 Supercar, but Murph's 2:06 car! Good luck getting the funding together to get into the Fujitsu series
Quote from [DUcK] :Thanks guys. MadCat, I would have one by now if I had the fundings! You have to bring funds or sponsors with you, unless you are very very lucky. I was lucky enough to be given this test drive for nothing, it would usually be up around the 10k mark. This is the pinnacle of Australian Motorsport (or one step from it, at least), so it's very expensive. Last years winning championship car in the main-game of v8supercars was sold for approx. 600k! :o

Yikes, that's gonna require some big sponsorship! Have you got any "out-of-the-blue" offers yet? You're doing quite well in that Commodore, you'll find the funds I'm sure.
For anyone who hasn't seen it before here is a video of the car in question doing the fastest ever qualifying lap at Bathurst in 2003 with Greg Murphy at the wheel. The lap could have even been better than it was because Murphy wrongslotted 1st gear when he wanted to go from 2nd to 3rd about halfway through the lap.
Congratulations on a good test. Hopefully you can make the move up sooner, rather than later.
#13 - IDUI
Wow, this is great! Very happy for you Duck. As for sponsors, your seksiness alone should have the financing sorted. Looking forward to seeing you race in the big-league some day.
Great job duckie!!!!!!!!!!!

i hope that you someday get a seat in v8's so that i have someone to follow and be a fanboii of....
I'll go one further if you get a drive in the supercars I'll come watch you drive Bathurst
Quote from Glenn67 :I'll go one further if you get a drive in the supercars I'll come watch you drive Bathurst

I won't because its too far away...go go Mr. Andrews.
goooo bredz!
Thats impressive stuff dude, best of luck in the forthcoming seasons
Quote from amp88 :For anyone who hasn't seen it before here is a video of the car in question doing the fastest ever qualifying lap at Bathurst in 2003 with Greg Murphy at the wheel. The lap could have even been better than it was because Murphy wrongslotted 1st gear when he wanted to go from 2nd to 3rd about halfway through the lap.

The music at the end of that video, the very first F1 on PSOne :******) So many memories.
Amazing Ducky, seriously. I know you've been doing amazingly in the Commodore Cup, good luck with moving up the ranks.

Can I have an autograph? But seriously, you are damn fast, I reckon you've got the potential to do very well.

I knew Scott Andrews before he was famous
#22 - JJ72
Always nice to see another LFSer making the cut.
I was waiting something like this to happen Nicely done. Keep on going. I think i need to start asking your autograph anytime soon
Thanks all! I have some pics from the test that I'll put up soon if I work out how :P
dunno how

here we have S Andrews after his v8 supercar test. hes had his first 10 mL of the drink and hes gone, ALREADY!
have a gander

http://photos-f.ak.fbcdn.net/h ... 746_2668157_6884340_n.jpg

scozza loves it

HM HM HM HM HM HM HM HM

how is this bloke

(33 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG