The online racing simulator
#51 - 5haz
Kimi wants to retire really I think. I don't blame him.
Quote from JJ72 : Why Ferrari Suddenly have so much faith in Alonso? We all know he is good, but it isn't recent news, if they really wanted Alonso they would have got him back in 07.

This is speculative, but IIRC Alonso signed an agreement with McLaren to exit the team at the end of the year, 1 year before the end of his contract.

That agreement had a clause saying that Alonso couldn´t go to ferrari in 2008.

Then Kimi won the WDC and he used a clause in his own contract to renew automatically with ferrari for some more years. (2 i think)

This is and old tale which goes back to the minardi days, when todd tried to get FA, but he chosed Flavio instead and went to Renault... and Todd got slightly upset
Kimi Raikkonen Q&A: Maybe I’ll race in 2010, maybe I won’t

Even though he’s known for some time that 2009 will be his last season with Ferrari, Kimi Raikkonen was unexpectedly emotional when speaking about it in the Suzuka paddock on Thursday, giving one of the longest interviews of his entire career. However, the Finn, who will be replaced by Fernando Alonso next year, remained pretty tight-lipped about his future plans, refusing to reveal whether rumours of a return to McLaren are accurate…

Q: Kimi, you had good times at Ferrari, won a championship and now it’s all over. How do you feel about that?
Kimi Raikkonen:
Well, let’s face it, in the end I have achieved what I wanted - I’ve won a championship. I’ve worked with them for the last three years and now things have changed. It’s not the first time that it has happened in Formula One and surely won’t be the last time. That’s all I want to say.

Q: But how did Ferrari convince you to end the relationship. You had a contract for 2010 with them?
KR:
There are many reasons. You should ask them. But in Formula One, even if you have a contract, there is always a lot of money involved, so there can always be different options in life. That’s obviously what happened. Sure, there is not only one reason for what has happened, that’s why everybody decided to end up in this position.

Q: You had a contract for next year and have done your best over the last three year, winning one championship. Do you feel you’ve been unfairly treated?
KR:
I’m still happy with what I’ve done and I think I will have a good future. Sure, if you sign a contract you finish it, but obviously it didn’t work out. Overall I’m okay with it.

Q: How long ago did you know you won’t race for Ferrari in 2010?
KR:
For quite a while now.

Q: Are you okay with the solution you’ve found?
KR:
Yeah.

Q: There are a number of options open to you for the future. One of them is returning to McLaren. Could you imagine going back? Would you enjoy it there again?
KR:
I have nothing bad to say about them as we always had a good relationship, and of course it’s a chance. But honestly I haven’t thought too much about these things, but in time I will make my decision. I will let you know!

Q: Are you a bit frustrated with Ferrari this season?
KR:
I don't think anyone expected Ferrari to have this kind of season, which turned out to be so difficult. But this can happen in Formula One sometimes, when you don't deliver a car capable of getting us to the front, but this is just one year and we will wait and see what happens next.

Q: Renault said that they will make their announcement next week. Could they be an option and have you talked to them?
KR:
No, not with them.

Q: If you could do it all over again would you do anything differently?
KR:
Would I have made different decisions? No. I am happy about what I have done, but sure if you look back in hindsight you probably would have done different things. But that’s easy to say afterwards. Regarding my contracts, no I would not have changed anything.

Q: What did you give to Ferrari and what did Ferrari give to you in the last three years?
KR:
I’ve achieved with them what I always wanted to achieve. We had good times, of course, but we also had difficult times. But that’s part of the whole business. Sometimes you have good moments and sometimes you just have to grit your teeth and carry on. Overall I have happy memories of my time with the team. I have won a championship and the team has won two. That is something that nobody can take away.

Q: You have seemed to have had ups and downs. Did you always give 100 percent or have there been moments where you lacked motivation?
KR:
No, there has never been a lack of motivation. All the stories came from the media - basically you guys. I never had any motivation problems. Sure if you have good results life tends to be easier, but then these things happen.

Q: Many times before you’ve said that Ferrari will be your last team. Have you changed your mind or were you forced to change your mind?
KR:
Like I said, there have been many options around and what happened now is just one of them. I think in the end I am happy with what happened, otherwise I would not have done the deal with them. For the moment I have not decided if I want to continue racing, or what I want to do. Before I had a contract for 2010, now not anymore. That changes things. Maybe I’ll race, maybe I won’t.

Q: What are the chances of you going rallying now?
KR:
There is chance, but there is also chance of racing in Formula One. For sure I will decide before the start of the next season what I am going to do.

Q: Did you ask Ferrari why Fernando and not me, or why Felipe Massa and not me? Did you get a satisfying answer?
KR:
I know more or less the reasons and it has nothing to do with my racing or anything I’m doing in the team. It’s just purely another reason.

Q: How much has your departure to do with the arrival of Santander?
KR:
For that you’ll have to ask the team.

Q: Wherever destiny takes you, do you hope to fight with Fernando for another world title?
KR:
If I decide to go with a team next year, I am surely not going with any of the small teams, as that will never give me the chance to fight for the championship. And if I’m not able to fight for the championship, there will be no reason for me to be in Formula One.
Barrichello will be a great first team mate & sick car setup guru for hulkenberg
Hopefully Ferrari will fire Alonso as soon as he starts to say bullshit

Quote from hyntty :Now do tell me where the following fails

Anthony Davidson not being on that list, epic fail imo.
Quote from xaotik :Add the factor that one is an ultrawhite person and the other is a brown person and you can also do an anti-discrimination segment during the first season.

being an american show theyd probably throw in a bunch of old boring racial stereotype jokes that stopped being funny ca 1933
i feel sad, ferrari just broke my heart. i dont understand, why replace a driver who filled the whole team and fans with pride during the post shuey era, for a man ( the last man to defeat shuey)..... it just is pure nonsense.... + kimi is the one and only iceman.... was it because he likes an ice cream and a coke? seriously... i dont think that i will bother watching the races if kimi isnt there....

kimi to redbull anyone?
#61 - JJ72
Quote from el pibe :kimi to redbull anyone?

Nooo thanks, the Redbull PR department is a bunch of douchbags.
Quote from el pibe :i dont understand, why replace a driver who filled the whole team and fans with pride during the post shuey era, for a man

How is it not understandable that Ferrari wants to have the best driver driving for them?
Quote from el pibe :i feel sad, ferrari just broke my heart. i dont understand, why replace a driver who filled the whole team and fans with pride during the post shuey era, for a man ( the last man to defeat shuey)

Sounds like a good enough reason to me...
Quote from el pibe :i feel sad, ferrari just broke my heart. i dont understand, why replace a driver who filled the whole team and fans with pride during the post shuey era, for a man ( the last man to defeat shuey)..... it just is pure nonsense.... + kimi is the one and only iceman.... was it because he likes an ice cream and a coke? seriously... i dont think that i will bother watching the races if kimi isnt there....

kimi to redbull anyone?

I have some friends who are hardcore ferrari fans (which was not that easy in Spain with all the Alonso followers)

Well, they were quite dissapointed with kimi. Yes, he got a WDC, but ferrari fans were used to win or at least to feel that their car was strong and dominant.

In 2007 McLaren was ahead (till the las 2 races, lol), in 2008 they had a lot of mistakes that ultimately costed them the WDC. In 2009 they have been nowhere for months....

They are now thinking of a new start, a new era, a new leadership... well, they basically want something like the schumy years back and they don´t feel that kimi is the man for that.
Lewis Hamilton is far better than any other driver in Formula One. He is ridiculously good.

First year of GP2.. winner

First year of Formula One.. beats team mate (well almost :P 109 points a peice) and this is Fernando Alonso were talking about the man who gave Michael Schumacher good battles on numerous occasions

Massa is good but Alonso is better, and if Massa is better than Raikkonen i think Raikkonen moving to McLaren is going to damage his reputation.

I simply cannot see Raikkonen finishing next year with more points than Hamilton. Hamilton, Vettel and Alonso are the best drivers in Formula One no doubt with Kubica, Sutil, Massa and Rosberg not far behind.
Quote from chrissawyer21 :Lewis Hamilton is far better than any other driver in Formula One. He is ridiculously good.

:something:drugs:
Ha ha ha
Quote from chrissawyer21 :Lewis Hamilton is far better than any other driver in Formula One. He is ridiculously good.

Hamilton is ridiculously good. But you went out on a very long and slender limb when you said he is "far better than any other driver in Formula One".
#69 - 5haz
On some days he can rule the world, on others the world points and laughs.
Quote from chrissawyer21 :I simply cannot see Raikkonen finishing next year with more points than Hamilton.

Niether can anyone else as Hamilton will, once again, receive the preference at nearly every single if not all of the races.

IMO Kimi will return to Mclaren next year and unless he wins the championship, leave soon after the season because of difficulties with the team. I think he remembers a different Mclaren than the one that is there today.
Quote from Rappa Z :Niether can anyone else as Hamilton will, once again, receive the preference at nearly every single if not all of the races.

OK McLaren are in the business of spending shit loads of money hiring drivers, like 2x WDC Alonso in 2007, to **** them over by showing preference to Hamilton. Yeah that's their game - Wasting millions on world champions with the intent of ****ing them up.

McLaren are very very fond of Kimi and he will get as good a shot as anyone.

Hamilton is one of the best drivers in F1 Rappa Z, deal with it.
I have no doubt that he is one of the best drivers in F1 (hence why I didn't say he isn't) but I just don't like how he receives such favoritism. Really I don't mind him, but I feel like his dad might be a little too pushy to get his son what he wants.

I guess this is fanboyism on my part though because from what I can remember Schumi was also always the favorite.
:ices_rofl

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG