The online racing simulator
Quote from NSX_FReeDoM :any1 watch Top Gear Season 10 Episode 1???

i want that second last twisty mountain road in italy(or switzerland cant remember)

Yeah i want it you mean the one put on just one mountain oree the more open road?

Caus they both look realy great for driving experience
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cXio61cDWAI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XWuFLr6FMl0&NR=1

OMFG i jost spotted nearly naked james!! in the last movie the flaw of having no airco (me trying to not faint)
I wanna see the ns and and a blackw00d version without the chicane (maybe called indy), coz im alwayss ruining my supsensioo there or i flip.
Quote from Stefani24 :I wanna see the ns and and a blackw00d version without the chicane (maybe called indy), coz im alwayss ruining my supsensioo there or i flip.

Actually that would be a good idea, to have a layout where you could drive over the chicane. But then the straight would be redicilous long, but +1 from me tho.
But it would need to be standar BL track, just without the chicane, and that is a pretty little thing so you couldn`t call it a new track :/
Whel i stil want the blackwood with the trees

And that top gear mointain road wolald rock not that we coudl drive it with 32 cars simoltainiously that would be the noob crash party of the century with lotsa cars trough the purnigates(ON FIRE!!)

so that woudl be our rally stage then maybe?/:shrugit wil also keep drifters happy)that is when they dont go trough the purnigates(ON FIRE!!)
Nordschleife
Hi everyone,

i d like to ask if its possible to put Nordschleife track to S3, I m quite sure somebody has allready asked.
Lol, yes only some
But actually, I don`t belive I ever have seen that track, so I don`t understand why it is so big fuzz about it, is it THAT good as people say it is?
It's the green hell, over 20 kilometers per lap, about 7 minutes in a fast car, depends on the configuration (short Nürburgring or long or none even - Tourist version which you can drive in a road car), it is the most demanding track in the world, the tarmac is horrible in places, it's bumpy, narrow sometimes, basicly the ultimate test for a car's speed in a lap.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-5134783972546535075 - for me, the best Nordschleife onboard video EVER.
I don`t think that would be any fun. Too long, you would need to be like 100 cars to not drive alone all times lol.
Maybe fun with maxed servers, but it would in the end just be lonely and borring in LFS.
Too long, too narrow, and not really the ultimate vehicle testing ground at all - 90% of cars that get honed there turn out to be rubbish on the road (or, at least, not as good as hyped).

It's a REALLY good track for doing some laps on in real life. But none of the fear, difficulty or complexity ever comes across in a game/sim. Massively overrated.

Everyone that wants it should go and drive it in real life - it's the only way to get the impression of it.

It would suck in LFS. Just like it sucks in every other game after a couple of laps.
Agree.
As I said, too long. Just look on FE black, nobody seems to drive that, because it`s too long. Lol think of this track then, it would take like 4 times longer to drive, there would be no way in hell anyone could mastered all the corners on that track, as some people do on the track in LFS now.
Increas max players to 100, then we can have that track.
I would drive it, np
(about Nordschleife)
It's not too long imho. It might be too long for sprint races and many of the pick-up races people like to drive online. But that's just because many are so lazy they prefer driving thousands of laps at simple (and boring) tracks like AS2. If it is bit longer they are scared omg I can't learn all the corners by heart during one evening. I like long tracks like Fe black and Ky GP.

In long races and leagues it would be good (online). Also offline. I don't care if I drive 5 laps at a long track or 50 at a short one. It's just good if there is no problem with blue flagged drivers. Most of the excitement comes from the fact that you can't master it so easily. It would need little patience to wait for the right moment to try overtake.

Sure it's not so wide as modern tracks and it is bumpy too, but in that way it is not so different from South city. If there was a track editor in LFS and nobody else was making it I would try to do it.
Quote from Flotch :I would drive it, np

Me too. I'd settle for an imitation, but I think it would be great to have something like that. Pick up races might only be two laps, but who cares? I get at least a slight satisfaction/pleasure from driving many of LFS's tracks "well", and I can only imagine a long narrow, hilly, bumpy, twisty, "dangerous" track would be that multiplied a few times. Plus, although you might not have race after race of door to door pack racing, the occasions when you do have a good one would be memorable.
Whel i think it would be a hit for about a week ,

then it wil be treated as fernbay black and nearly no one wil drive on it

So i say its unwise to do it look at what kind of useful stuf the DEFS could make in the time it takes to make one Green hell
Quote from Chrisuu01 :Whel i think it would be a hit for about a week ,

then it wil be treated as fernbay black and nearly no one wil drive on it

So i say its unwise to do it look at what kind of useful stuf the DEFS could make in the time it takes to make one Green hell

You saying something there.
Just to make the track would probally take a hell of a lot time, due to the big size of it. And a other thing, I belive the LFS system wouldn`t handle that big tracks eighter, would be too big to load, or it would load but it probally would take minutes to load.
Quote from The Very End :You saying something there.
Just to make the track would probally take a hell of a lot time, due to the big size of it. And a other thing, I belive the LFS system wouldn`t handle that big tracks eighter, would be too big to load, or it would load but it probally would take minutes to load.

I totaly agree i think its just a waste of time i would like to see it but there is in my eyes just no point in making it

Heel of a long load time most of pc would say To many physics objects
caus lets face it not evryone has bucketloads of money(including me)

I say that making that top gear road is even a better idea
Losta cars flying into the deep valeey haha for that track the maximum number would be like 4 cars on the track at same time
and like ten 15 second waiting til netxt to cars can leave the start.

so turns aut could be cool but could also be a failrure like having the crash party of the century
I would love something like Cadwell Park and of course a long hill track (for example Nordschleife; I know the performance is a problem)

Here is a video of Cadwell it is really cool:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5XcGqGq4e2M&NR=1

Jan
Has there been any discussion as to the ability to add more tracks?

The "RING" or Green Hell or whatever you want to call it is my favorite track. I would probably spend the rest of my 'days' just driving all of these cool cars on that track.
Id like to see my local race track
Calder Park, with the Oval Road and drag strip. It has everything there its a perfect track
I think it would be fun to drift in a parking garage like in tokyo drift and on a citycourse with normal traffic
Quote from silline15 :I think it would be fun to drift in a parking garage like in tokyo drift and on a citycourse with normal traffic

Go play NFS, you fool!!!! :arge:
I hate NFS it turned from an awesome game into an annoying one
Whats your problem exatly, just because LFS is a simulator ?
I just said it would be cool and lets say these tracks are avilable;
u don't have to use them
Future Westhill!!!!!! Rahhhh!
Attached images
Image2.jpg
Quote from aroX123 :Future Westhill!!!!!! Rahhhh!

AW MAI GAAAAAWD , now that would one heck of an awesome track.

Tracks we wanna see in S3
(509 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG