The online racing simulator
Pace lap, Favorite hosts, Setup filter
My suggestions (sorry if someone mentioned one of these before):
- Pace lap system (with standing start and flying start)
- A Favourites list of hosts (and store their password)
- A setup name filter in garage (for example I want to see only the setups that contains then 'FE2' characters, I just type the 'fe2*' string to the filter input box)

thanks
Quote from whiterat :My suggestions (sorry if someone mentioned one of these before):
- Pace lap system (with standing start and flying start)
- A Favourites list of hosts (and store their password)
- A setup name filter in garage (for example I want to see only the setups that contains then 'FE2' characters, I just type the 'fe2*' string to the filter input box)

thanks

+1

That would be a really helpful suggestion. I hope it gets mentioned enough so there would be more attention on the subject.
live for speed in the game can not send private messages to a player? I think we should have
Hello. Ive got an idea I think if you save a replay live for speed should start to record another. Also it should record offline playing
Quote from L@gger :Hello. Ive got an idea I think if you save a replay live for speed should start to record another

+1 to that Even though it record new in new race

Heres one of mine :
Canreset options
What about the drifting tracks? How come there is a "-" beside this? Alot of LFS players play this game for the sole purpose of drifting because this is one of the very few games which has the right car characteristics and a good enough physics engine that would allow one to drift appropriately. Why not appeal to this group of people and not limit your boundaries to grip racing. Just a suggestion so dont flame. I would love to see some dedicated drift tracks in Live For Speed. :-)
Quote from drummerjay08 :What about the drifting tracks? How come there is a "-" beside this?

Because LFS is an Online Racing Simulator. Simply racing, not "grip" racing.

And since you can drift perfectly well on the racetracks it wouldn't make sense to make a single track only for people who don't even use the game/sim for its original purpose and ignoring the people who use LFS for racing.
I wonder why there's no Volkswagen Scirocco on this Suggested improvements thread...

+ i think layouts at autocross are very nice for drifters ...
Quote from zeugnimod :Because LFS is an Online Racing Simulator. Simply racing, not "grip" racing.

And since you can drift perfectly well on the racetracks it wouldn't make sense to make a single track only for people who don't even use the game/sim for its original purpose and ignoring the people who use LFS for racing.

Thats why I'm With hillclimbing,
it was offered and i'm with it its good for racers to go
up ad not bad for "Drifters" to go down :S
Ive got a suggestion (im not sure if someone didnt said it before). What about changing views on other cars in race with a button in the window what u can activate by n key??? It would be very good if u are able to change view from 1st to middle racer in a second by clicking a button near his name
If you click on the far right button that has either, Ks, M, or W by their name the view will go straight to that person.
ok, thanks so i didnt said nothing
Remember Flint?
Flint had a car that could bend around the corners, :dogrun:
I guess, if I am wishing, I wanna scream around the corner,
Slam er into the pits in front of Control, Pick up 99, and blast back into the fray with nary a second lost.
Truth be told, LFS has it all,
The only true improvement I can think of, is in my technique
"Someday I will be #1":jedi:
What about a new server settings such as : Speedlimit. So everyone can set their speed limits in the pit for their liking on their hosts
For one, to improve ambience, have the cars' engine sounds to last a lot longer, instead of as it is now, where you will suddenly hear it's sound as it comes along the straight. The BL1 is an example, as you can ''see'' a car coming on the main straight right before you go into the corner at the end of the straight, though the sound isn't there yet untill a certain point.

The same counts for actually seeing the cars. They sometimes just show up out of nowhere, as they come closer on a long straight. (Westhill)
This is quite annoying in my opinion, and it's even worse when you're trying to make a movie.

I guess this was to limit the stress, though with the current pc systems.. i don't really think this would cause a problem. (Except for the 1/10th of people with ancient computer systems)
Well there are indeed a lot of suggestions and some of the things I have thought about have already been suggested but no harm in giving an +1 to them for more supoort

- Better chrash physics. The car just flies up in the air when hit to concrete blocks or add panels. It seems they have no elasticity set. Without much deformation, I believe they can be modeled like the yellow-white tires at the corners but with much massive weights so they dont fly around but dont make the car fly around as well.

- Better car damage. Even the car hits a wall at 200+ km dead straight or rolls over multiple times, it can still run fast and straight, amazing! Axles can broke down, tires fall apart, coolent damaged making engine damage for example.

- Engine overheating (I'm not sure if this is already in there, I cant drive a car without a limiter yet) perhaps coolant damage may be linked to this

- Brakes overheating. Its nice to have clutch and tire overheat but brakes can overheat as well and I dont think it will be hard to implement something (not necessarirly a good model but a model that works is a start)

- Night racing ( +1)

- Weather effects and rain (+1)

- Disabling the "dıdıdıdıdı" sound when a key is pressed in manual shifting mode (DIY shifters)
Lfs tracks
Seing the Nürburgring also known as Nordschleife in LFS would be perfect for me
It would complete a game that is near reality (ignoring collisions and some small issues).
I beg for it even if it will be lauched as S4 hehehe
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wi ... rgring_-_Nordschleife.svg

Regards,
Eagle
Hello, I'd just like to mention two things on the list (in the first post) that are now done.

1) "Layout directory path for dedicated servers" - I think that is the "lytdir" command.
2) "Click car on map focuses on that driver" - Now done in test patch Z16

Thanks!
Quote from Scawen :Hello, I'd just like to mention two things on the list (in the first post) that are now done.

1) "Layout directory path for dedicated servers" - I think that is the "lytdir" command.
2) "Click car on map focuses on that driver" - Now done in test patch Z16

Thanks!

Great job
Few suggestions from me, as i run a Banger league i'd much prefare it if the barriers didnt send you flying? or a different type of barrier / wall which you can put on a track that stops you dead? i.e armco, wall ect you get the jist.

Another idea, more realistic features on the cars when damaged / crashed. Nothing too deep or technical as i see LFS Mods are doing the absolute best to get LFS More realistic but something like radiators leaking, technical faults with the car, wobbling wheels, overheating and better side damage e.i t-bone's on cars, they dont do no damage

Thanks hope ive inspired you Mods

Cheers
Well some people use their manual h shifters in cars that have h box shifters. These people are at a disadvantage over the average user (sequential) that upshifts in like 50-100ms where the manual shift takes place in 400-500ms. A min set amount of compensation time can be implemented for sequantial shift mode for cars that have manual transmissions.
Quote from weatherlight :Well some people use their manual h shifters in cars that have h box shifters. These people are at a disadvantage over the average user (sequential) that upshifts in like 50-100ms where the manual shift takes place in 400-500ms. A min set amount of compensation time can be implemented for sequantial shift mode for cars that have manual transmissions.

I think that it's not possible to use an H-shifter with sequential-gearbox car.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG