The online racing simulator
Quote from Ball Bearing Turbo :But you're still too cheap to play iRacing

I've always though it would be even more beneficial to allow S1 content users to race on any server that allowed any S1 content, even if S2 people could use S2 cars. This would mean obviously a server with an S1 track, but a mix of S1 and S2 cars enabled. Might even tempt S1 users to upgrade if they're racing on the track with an S2 car, but can't drive it due to their license restriction.

Say what you want about LFS development, but I'll be damned if I'm going to stand by and let you insult the LFS database!

Even if it is dim, I suppose you're right...

so... a bangmobile is what you're thinking?

I'd be interested to know if this scanning is the same resolution & implementation that iRacing is using.

Don't be drama queen, you know it's partically true, at least a little
Quote from tristancliffe :Me? I'd preorder it right now if they allowed S3 licence purchases. Hell, I'd buy an S4 and S5 licence today even with the risk that LFS might stop tomorrow or next week!

Quote from Ball Bearing Turbo :But you're still too cheap to play iRacing

This is the reason i buy s3
Quote from Scawen :One thing that I don't thing anyone mentioned...

That improvement we did some time ago to the LFS system, where there is now only one list of hosts, and less licensed racers can join any host as long as the content of that host falls within their license.

Will you ever allow racers to be on the track with cars they don't have a license for? As in they cannot drive them, but they are able to join hosts with the extra cars able to be driven.
Quote from Scawen :One thing that I don't thing anyone mentioned...

That improvement we did some time ago to the LFS system, where there is now only one list of hosts, and less licensed racers can join any host as long as the content of that host falls within their license.

In the past, hosts were strictly set for one license or another, so when we changed from S1 to S2, nearly all hosts switched to S2 and suddenly there was hardly any S1 action to be found. That was unexpected and turned out a bit hard on S1 racers. With the new system, even at this time of day, there are 201 hosts that you can join as an S1 licensed racer and 37 of those are occupied. So an S1 license is quite good these days.

And finally to the point I am making, when Rockingham is released, S2 licensed racers will only be excluded from the Rockingham hosts or those which allow the new car. This will not have a very damaging effect on the S2 action.

As a result, there is not much pressure to upgrade your license. We are just saying, here is something we have done and this is the price if you'd like to use it. It doesn't really harm anyone, it's just something you can pay for if you think it's worth it. Of course, if you don't think it's worth it, and want to wait and see if there is more content added in the future, that is fine.

Exactly. The only gripe I have with the current system is the lack of being able to filter out demo servers.
Quote from Vendetta :Exactly. The only gripe I have with the current system is the lack of being able to filter out demo servers.

There are a lot of fair racing demoers. You don´t know if you never race with them !!
Quote from Scawen :
As a result, there is not much pressure to upgrade your license. We are just saying, here is something we have done and this is the price if you'd like to use it. It doesn't really harm anyone, it's just something you can pay for if you think it's worth it. Of course, if you don't think it's worth it, and want to wait and see if there is more content added in the future, that is fine.

What's up with update to the physiks or other updates not including new content? Will S2 still be updated with it or is it exclusively available for those with the new cars. Probably because S2 cars don't need the physiks update, that's why I ask.
Quote from al1asx : Probably because S2 cars don't need the physiks update, that's why I ask.

Good Question
Quote from al1asx :What's up with update to the physiks or other updates not including new content? Will S2 still be updated with it or is it exclusively available for those with the new cars. Probably because S2 cars don't need the physiks update, that's why I ask.

The only in game difference between S1, S2 and S3 will be which cars and tracks you can use. That's it. The game engine (graphical and physics) will be uniform across all licenses.
Quote from pik_d :The only in game difference between S1, S2 and S3 will be which cars and tracks you can use. That's it. The game engine (graphical and physics) will be uniform across all licenses.

Told Who ? Scawen ??
Quote from Ger Roady :Told Who ? Scawen ??

The physics always applies equally to all licences. eg: If you get demo, you get the same tyre physics updates as the S3 people.

Imagine joining a S1 server with S2 licence and each car and client has different physics????? Wouldn't work at all. We don't need official "Scawen words" to know this.
Quote from Ger Roady :Told Who ? Scawen ??

Well... yes actually.

Quote from Scawen :2) Licenses and versions

The S numbers are license names and really refer to the content you can access (cars, tracks, certain functions).

The "certain functions" probably refers to stuff like skin uploading because I can't think of anything else that is currently different between Demo, S1 and S2.

Also it's common sense. You've been around since early 2006, you should know this. The physics updates that have been put out after S2 were applied to demo and S2 as well. There is no reason for S3 to be different, and plenty of reasons that it HAS to stay the same.

@ Scawen, can we get a few more skin upload slots with S3? I'm sure people with lots of skins uploaded (either because they make skins or because they've done a lot of leagues that require specific skins) are maxed out, or nearly maxed out.
so, if a server is S2 with all cars

S1 could join and only drive S1 cars? or im wrong?

regards
Quote from Neto_r :so, if a server is S2 with all cars

S1 could join and only drive S1 cars? or im wrong?

regards

If there is an s2 server with S1 content only, then s1 can join. if there is any s2 content then s1 cannot join that includes cars, tracks, or numbers of players.
Quote from dawesdust_12 :What kind of games do you buy for 30$?! I go to any game store and every game is either $59.99 or for others $69.99..

I don't have time to read the rest of the thread, I'm still on that page (13 out of 18) so I'll just reply to this post, save the page and read the remaining pages later.

4 years ago, all (computer) games used to cost 30 dollars in Brazil. All of them. It didn't matter if it was new or old, produced by small/indie or big companies, all games used to cost 30 dollars (which used to be BRL $100). The only games that cost more were console games (now these would get very random prices! From BRL $100 to BRL $350). Since dollar is getting weaker (or Real is getting stronger, I don't now), computer games may cost more dollars nowadays, BUT because of different and newer exchange rates, they still cost the same price in Real: $100. Practically all newest released games in Brazil cost this same price. Only very few cost more than that (about 5 out of 100 released games, which would be R$125 or R$115), but they are usually special editions (such as black box for NFS), and very few people would purchase these games if they didn't come with any bonuses because they think it's ridiculously expensive. Actually, we can even pay much less for the games if getting them off places that sell them in dollars (such as Steam. I usually save 30 to 40% by purchasing games in dollar when compared to Real, even if they're not off on Steam itself. Now, if they're off, I can get even more discount ).

Anyway. About 4 years ago, LFS S2 would cost almost BRL $100 (GBP $24). Nowadays, again because of different exchange rates, GBP $36 will still cost BRL $103, which is about right.

Well, you asked what games we got for USD $30. Now I suppose you already have the answer: all of them

The conclusion I can take off this is, well, no matter how much it costs in dollars, euros or British pounds, we Brazilians will always pay BRL $100 for it if we get them on most of this country's stores, or we can save money by purchasing them in dollars.
Quote from Scawen :While we were working on the Scirocco in December, we found that we could not make the LFS model handle as well as the real car. One of the reasons for this was that the LFS tyres had too much grip and this was causing the inside wheels to lose too much load while cornering.

He only says one of the reason was the tyres.
Quote from Ger Roady :He only says one of the reason was the tyres.

You just unleashed Pandora's box of extrapolation.
i just downloaded the track for rfactor, i LOVE IT!!!
Quote from pik_d :Well... yes actually.

The "certain functions" probably refers to stuff like skin uploading because I can't think of anything else that is currently different between Demo, S1 and S2.
[snip].

+Layout editor
Quote from The Very End :Don't be drama queen, you know it's partically true, at least a little

lol....

I assume you're used to a whooshing sound over your head?

It was a joke that I hope you would've gotten if you'd have actually taken the time to read what I quoted, and then what I said.
Quote from Ball Bearing Turbo :lol....

I assume you're used to a whooshing sound over your head?

It was a joke that I hope you would've gotten if you'd have actually taken the time to read what I quoted, and then what I said.

Oh! Haha!
Actually no, I did not understanded that you did pull out a joke on me
Good to hear you agree hehe.. Well, saying that the whole community is like that is wrong, but it has it's problems.
hmmm hello everyone

ok after such a long time i think there is more in making that the things what have been announced or personally i hope there will be a bit more
sorry - you're still not getting it TVE.

database
-.-
userbase

Rockingham coming to LFS
(1238 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG