The online racing simulator
EDIT: Solved Thanks!

Thanks!
The Stig, CEO of the "Tornado" Hosting using the 500 servers

I thought you were better
More importantly... sites down again!
i've let franky know (as of 8pm) and once he finishes work he will sort it out.
Seems to be back up now.
#106 - CSF
Again.
thursday 10th sept 00.15 GMT +2 servers down... but only 5 minutes
And down again!!!
hmm.. interesting.

Looking into it.

Aha tonights one explained:

Scheduled Maintenance for subnet : 09/09/2009.

So the server was unreachable on the network for a few minutes.

Had missed this e-mail. My bad for not passing the info along.
Ah ok then, we'll let you off. Just this once. But next time, we'll 'ave ya legs!

In fact, I'd like to be informed of any such mails in the future, if that's not too much trouble, so I know when not to come ranting at you.
Quote from Bob Smith :Ah ok then, we'll let you off. Just this once. But next time, we'll 'ave ya legs!

In fact, I'd like to be informed of any such mails in the future, if that's not too much trouble, so I know when not to come ranting at you.

normally it would already have been passed on.

QUite simply slipped my mind.
Down again Dean.
:-| not very stable is it?
Im going up to the DC later today and will get a good look at it then. So it will go down again later tonight whilst i check it out.

Sorry for the inconvenience.
Down atm.
same here- been going down once or twice a day just fyi
its the same issue again I will soon be replacing this machine with a new one, just bare with me.

Thanks
All four of our servers are reporting as not being on the master server and the control panel is not showing

Any ideas Dean?

Tim
servers are down
Same, some servers are working though. Servers on 78.129.220.131 are down, the ones on 81.19.209.206 are up.
Sites are down too.
Hi Guys,

Just got in and found this in my e-mails:

Quote :We need to perform some emergency network as soon as possible. This has been scheduled for tonight, which we appreciate is very short notice. We need to reboot a router to install new software, and this reboot will take up to 45 minutes. We will do everything we can to speed up the process as much as we can and reduce the maintenance time.

Date: 24/09/2009
Window: 23:00 for 2 hours
Duration: < 45 minutes.

The maintenance is to perform an emergency upgrade of Cisco software. We are using a Cisco VSS-1440 as part of our network core, and we have been experiencing some reduced performance with it today. There is no cause within our network configuration and set up of this, and it started to have a detrimental effect on some clients today. We escalated this to the Cisco TAC team, who have diagnosed a fault with the software on the router in the form of a memory leak. Cisco has supplied us with a new version of the software for the router which will fix the memory leak and slow performance.

The nature of this problem is that it will escalate as time goes on, which is why we want to apply the fix as soon as core business hours finish today. Please accept our apologies for the short notice, we hope our clients appreciate this problem was out of our control caused by Cisco software, and we are working as best we can to resolve it quickly.

So we should be back up and running shortly. Sorry for the lack of notice. Unfortunately as you can see i had none myself.
Quote :We need to perform some emergency network as soon as possible.

did you type that, or is it a copy/paste job? :ices_rofl
copy / poste job. but the point is still clear enough once you send a hasty e-mail its already too late :P
Thanks for the info Dean, we all know you do as much as you can
This thread is closed

500servers.com Support Thread
(2865 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG