The online racing simulator
The Art of Racing
(12 posts, started )
#1 - Micha
The Art of Racing
More like a sleeping pill to me.
#3 - Micha
You're loosing a lot of frames on those shots. What are your recording methods?
#5 - Micha
I have a 4 years old PC. I use Fraps and normally record the scenes at 0.5 replayspeed. While editing, I double the speed and get a doubled framerate. But this time it is different, cause I want to present the scenes in really slow slowmotion. To get this special feel. So I had to decide between the idea of "eternity" with less frames and a "normal" race movie with good framerates. This forum is full of ordinary racing vids and only a few really special ones. I loved the idea...so...
#6 - kaynd
Well. I love seeing tires working but even I, found this video a bit boring
I think you have already done way better vids than this. (I have kept them at my hard drive) eg “who cares”

One rule of thumb for me. If it’s going to be in slow motion, it has to be silk smooth, especially when the whole movie is in slow motion at exactly the same pace.
Scenes seem to be repeated even thought they aren’t. That’s because of cameras with similar positioning and FOV are used again and again.

Well anyway I see some nice driving there and I can sense the artistic mood but that’s because I can imagine a lot of things that this movie didn’t show me.
#8 - dadge
record at 0.25 speed and then increase the playback by 4x.
#9 - Micha
Quote from dadge :record at 0.25 speed and then increase the playback by 4x.

thx for the tip, but would it still be a slowmotion movie?
it was boring in the begginning, but then i watched on til about half way, it was pretty good...it gives the sense of oldness, with the skipping from frame to frame and stuff...it was 7/10, would be better if it was a little shorter, and fast paced, with less what seems like repeating
0.50 doubled is 1.00 (your method)
0.25 quadrupled is 1.00 (my method)
slowmo?
After all your comments, I've tried to double the speed in order to gain FPS and make it half as long and I realized, it loses all its special atmospere. So it looks like you have to live with this version till I get a new PC...

The Art of Racing
(12 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG