The online racing simulator
Quote from Bean0 :I would like to see some clarification on the price.

A lot of people are assuming it will be another £12, but the only solid info I could find are some old posts by Scawen stating that the S3 price had not been decided, but S2 users get a £24 discount on the full S3 price.

http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?p=1268214#post1268214
Or is that not official enough?
scawen, since your on, and i know others would be interested to know..

i seem to recall you saying :

Quote :Anyway, once again, we are working on things and expect some good releases this year

is this still the case?
Quote from Sir moi 407 :Seems like the laser costed alot of money and now you need some
When it comes out, I will buy it as fast as I can
Even if you don't promise anything, we all know you're going to make lots of good stuff for S3 later
I'm soooo curious about the new car... What can it be? Let's hope for an LMP race car

I agree 100% you said
Go Devs
Go S3, go. 12 pounds isnt much guys, its only 4-5 beers, 4-5 packs of cigaretes, or 10 packages of comdoms. Do not use them for few times and there You will have cash for S3 (and baby maybe)

50 pounds is much, 100 is much, but 12? You see.
bob you misunderstand..

i think they are great additions to the game..

but i was more directing it on to the this year bit

People fail to realise this is not simply a new track. This is a real life track, laser scanned!! Laser scanned, folks.
Anyone that driven iRacing knows what I'm talking about.
Quote from R3DMAN :bob you misunderstand..

i think they are great additions to the game..

but i was more directing it on to the 'THIS YEAR' bit

bob was quicker , he deleted his post.

i thought he was implying that rockingham and the two new cars would be released this year. dangerous post
I don't get one thing:

- there is an LFS account with money you can put there (right now used only for hi-res skins, if i don't miss anything).
- there is a strong community pretty under devs control
- people are hungry for new tracks

why not introduce some pay-for-use content?

Join race - 0.01£, make 1 lap - 0.01£ (+- depending on lap time, or just pay for time being on track). Attract 3rd party makers to make tracks and give them 90-95% of this income.

Make virtual racing clubs with groups: random visitor pays about 0.05£/lap first day, regular visitors pay 0.02£, those who passed some benchmark pay 0.01£/lap or less. (Prices must show up to the user before he presses "join", of course).

Paid racing could co-exist with free, as it is now.

Groups of users (like those in social networks) and abuse reporting (to host admin and racer's group admin) together with paid racing can solve pretty much the issue or bad behaviour and wrecking for fun. (Of course, report-w***ring should be punished as well). All this could reduce amount of wreking and bad behaviour a lot. [added: group membership as a measure of racer's good reputation is much better than any voting/benchmark system which can be abused. Eventually, good groups that care of their members' quality will get a proper reputation.]

LFS could take the best of X-Plane and go even further.
Quote from Scawen :As a result, there is not much pressure to upgrade your license. We are just saying, here is something we have done and this is the price if you'd like to use it. It doesn't really harm anyone, it's just something you can pay for if you think it's worth it. Of course, if you don't think it's worth it, and want to wait and see if there is more content added in the future, that is fine.

Pre-order for S3 pls.
Quote from hrtburnout :and ofcourse I appreciate the quality of their work, but five years should have given them enough time to work on more content!

Why do you feel the need to second guess them at every turn? If it's taken five years, then that's because that's how long it takes to do whatever it is they've done. If you think the devs are sitting on their asses all day, just come out and say it instead of dancing around the point.
Quote from R3DMAN :scawen, since your on, and i know others would be interested to know..

i seem to recall you saying :

blah blah

is this still the case?

there may be various reasons why you are being ignored. the most common reasons are, guilt after betraying noobs, finding a new car/track or planning to break the lfs game.
whatever the reason is, learning to discern the signs easily, can save you from getting hurt.
Quote from sgt-KiLL :there may be various reasons why you are being ignored. the most common reasons are, guilt after betraying noobs, finding a new car/track or planning to break the lfs game.
whatever the reason is, learning to discern the signs easily, can save you from getting hurt.

what the hell are you talking about..

all i wanted to know, like probably many people on there is are we going to get some content that we can use/play on this year..

simple as that.. and i just used scawens quote to back by question up with fact.
:auto: :wow: This is great! Can't wait for S3! Keep up the good work boys, i'm going to be very happy when i see the new content.
Quote from R3DMAN :what the hell are you talking about..

well seeing as he hasn't answered your question yet, im just informing you of the possibilities of why he hasn't answered. and to watch out for those signs.
im sure you can understand that.
or could it be he isn't online?
Quote from detail :I don't get one thing:

Join race - 0.01£, make 1 lap - 0.01£ (+- depending on lap time, or just pay for time being on track). Attract 3rd party makers to make tracks and give them 90-95% of this income.

Make virtual racing clubs with groups: random visitor pays about 0.05£/lap first day, regular visitors pay 0.02£, those who passed some benchmark pay 0.01£/lap or less. (Prices must show up to the user before he presses "join", of course).

Paid racing could co-exist with free, as it is now.

Sounds like my telephone bill in early days. :thumbsdow
Quote from hrtburnout :I thought you guys had been working on more content behind the scenes, just like with S2 back in 2005. If not, I am disappointed. I will ofcourse get S3, but I was hoping to be surprised with more content.

Reread Bob Smith's post in-line with Scawen's.. Putting the more expensive developments into S3 and making S3 tier of content/features available now (meaning asap, or sooner than later anyway) means, as far as I see, that Scavier can add more real cars and tracks.
Quote from The Moose :I hope you're right Sam, but my impression of this community over the last 6 months or so is that it has become full of whining,selfish, ignorant,stupid, childish halfwits.

I've barely even been here, you take that back.
Quote from Scawen :One thing that I don't thing anyone mentioned...

That improvement we did some time ago to the LFS system, where there is now only one list of hosts, and less licensed racers can join any host as long as the content of that host falls within their license.

In the past, hosts were strictly set for one license or another, so when we changed from S1 to S2, nearly all hosts switched to S2 and suddenly there was hardly any S1 action to be found. That was unexpected and turned out a bit hard on S1 racers. With the new system, even at this time of day, there are 201 hosts that you can join as an S1 licensed racer and 37 of those are occupied. So an S1 license is quite good these days.

And finally to the point I am making, when Rockingham is released, S2 licensed racers will only be excluded from the Rockingham hosts or those which allow the new car. This will not have a very damaging effect on the S2 action.

As a result, there is not much pressure to upgrade your license. We are just saying, here is something we have done and this is the price if you'd like to use it. It doesn't really harm anyone, it's just something you can pay for if you think it's worth it. Of course, if you don't think it's worth it, and want to wait and see if there is more content added in the future, that is fine.

Whel I understand the purpose of this dont worry il buy s3 as soon as it comes thats just the way i feel about it.
The devs are not going to be shocked or upset to read that some people are surprised and disappointed that they have nothing ready for S3 except for this track and 1 extra car. It has been 4 years of people saying "they're working on it".

Maybe they do in fact have a lot of stuff but are afraid/unwilling to make announcements at this time, and who could blame them.

That's not a complaint. I'm optimistic about the future of LFS, but to suggest that we're getting initial S3 content "early" whilst they begin to work on the rest of it is a bit absurd given the time-scale. I mean, would it be another 4 or 5 years before we could hope to see a second track for S3?

So let's not kid ourselves. The devs are not going to read this thread and think "wow, I didn't see that response coming". If they only started work on a track for S3 when this Rockingham thing came along, then that's how it happened. People can be a bit miffed by that if they want, and if it's true then fair enough. The devs would surely have expected such a response given the way it's about the most requested thing, and lots of people (apparently with blind faith) on the forum say "they're working on it", nobody ever said "not for years, they'll start when they're ready to start".

Let people express their frustration if they wish. I'm indifferent to the whole thing, and have been for some time. I'm neither excited and happy about this news nor angered by it in the slightest. C'est la vie.
Jupp, I will of course buy S3 as soon as I can.
Thanks for the news Scawen! That was nice to read

I am frustrated with the amount of complains within this thread considering how little we know at the moment though...

One point attracted my attention though:
Comparisons with the iRacing pricing system. I fully disagree that this evolution is similar to iRacing!
Even if you have to get S3 to use the new car+track, you are still entitled to use it without further fees. If you do not pay you can still use the full S2 content.
I see no rental scheme here, but a way to include real life data into the game - this has a cost that must be absorbed somehow, and bring profit (LFS must bring food on the table after all).

The devs take a risk here, and it is up to us to support it - since we (forum users in general) have been requesting real cars and tracks for years in the improvement suggestion threads. In a way we, LFS community, made a "promise" to the devs that a real car / track against fee could work out

So now, stop complaining and if you stick by your words (I will not research names in the real car - track suggestions) - get your wallets ready.
-
(Flame CZE) DELETED by Flame CZE
So when is the S3 (or should it be renamed to L3? License 3? Access Level 3?)
Pre-order is going to be avaliable?
Rickingham's name in LFS will be ROC? RNH? ROC seems more like it.
ROC and SCI.
Quote from Calvinaquino :So when is the S3 (or should it be renamed to L3? License 3? Access Level 3?)
Pre-order is going to be avaliable?
Rickingham's name in LFS will be ROC? RNH? ROC seems more like it.
ROC and SCI.

No pre-order announced yet, Rockingham may be ROK (since that's how it's named on the official screenshots and maybe because ROC would remember Race Of Champions), and Scirocco will be VWS (as we can already see in LFS Viewer).

Rockingham coming to LFS
(1238 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG