The online racing simulator
Quote from Bean0 :It's older than the 3rd Reich stuff, something to do with Hinduism or Buddhism ?

Originally, yes. I copy-pasted this from wikipedia:
Quote :
The swastika was adopted by the Finnish Air Force after 6 March 1918, when Eric von Rosen donated an aeroplane adorned with swastikas which was his personal good luck symbol from Sweden to the Finnish white army. The swastika was officially adopted as the nationality marking on the Finnish Air Force planes on 18 March 1918.
The roundel was used until late 1944 when a substitution for a blue on white roundel was made. Existing decorations and unit flags of the Finnish Air Force were not altered, and they still feature the traditional blue swastika within a white circle.
The president of Finland is the grand master of the Order of the White Rose. According to the protocol, the president shall wear the Cross of Liberty with Chains on formal occasions. The original design of the chains, decorated with swastikas, dates from 1918 by the artist Akseli Gallen-Kallela. The Grand Cross with Chains has been awarded 11 times to foreign heads of state. To avoid misunderstandings, the swastika decorations were replaced by fir-crosses at the request of President Kekkonen in 1963.
Also a design by Gallen-Kallela of 1918, the Cross of Liberty has a swastika pattern in the arms of the cross. The Cross of Liberty is depicted in the upper left corner of the flag of the President of Finland.[53]
In December 2007, a silver replica of the WWII Finnish air defences relief ring became available through Rautasormus.fi.[54] The original war-time idea was that the public swap their precious metal rings for the State air defences relief ring, made of iron.

ok as being from america and growing up in florida.. and spent every saturday as a child watchin dukes of hazzard when it was on.. most people say it is a sign of racism against blacks.. i beg to differ and any1 from america and specially from down south who live near cities or "ghetto's" i remember a few times be4 i moved seeing a black male around my age take a 69 dodge charger paint it racing orange with black 01 on the side the flag on top.. and put 23inch rims on it.. now a days and even back when that show first was on.. that car set a high standards of AUTOMOBILE ICONS just like "KITT" did in "Knight Rider" so if you aint puttin anything on the skin like racist remarks.. if any one has a problem with a GENERAL LEE skin.. they either just dont understand the nature of it.. or they are just mad they didnt think of it 1st..(or 2nd or well you get the point on what #) lol
Quote from Anathema :so the so called neo-nazis show the imperial flags instead on their demonstrations.

And Lonsdale is a big brand with German (and quite a few other European ) boneheads... because the middle four letters are NSDA (Nationalsozialistische Deutsche Arbeiterpartei)

I don't think symbols in themselves have any great power; they are merely vessels for whatever belief you want to pour into them. Their power (to offend, to move, whatever) comes from the concentration of belief invested in them.

Over here in the UK, displaying the confederate flag means your social skills are likely to dwindle the further away the topic of conversation is from some daft, Hollywood myth of "The West".

Or you are a Dukes of Hazzard fan. In which case we all know you are really thinking about Daisy Duke's arse.
Quote from nihil :And Lonsdale is a big brand with German (and quite a few other European ) boneheads... because the middle four letters are NSDA (Nationalsozialistische Deutsche Arbeiterpartei)

I don't think symbols in themselves have any great power; they are merely vessels for whatever belief you want to pour into them. Their power (to offend, to move, whatever) comes from the concentration of belief invested in them.

Over here in the UK, displaying the confederate flag means your social skills are likely to dwindle the further away the topic of conversation is from some daft, Hollywood myth of "The West".

Or you are a Dukes of Hazzard fan. In which case we all know you are really thinking about Daisy Duke's arse.

But wasn't that the best part of the movie?
Quote from Docco :Yeah, i asked some american guys i knew though and they weren't too pleased about the flag I figured the same as you though, it's a bit of a shame to do a skin of that car without the flag!

the flag is from the american war (sibyl or how its spelled)
when the north fought the south, the main reason for the war was the right to have slaves, the general lee flag was the southeners flag, and if i remember american history from school right, they lost the war, and slavery was forbidden, not saying your friends is FOR slavery, but the flag might upset them cause its a reminder of that war... i dont know, but ther's some of the history of the flag.
#31 - Gunn
The Swastika dates back to the Aryan empire, about 1500BC, though it is thought that it may be even older. It was adopted by Buddhists around 200AD and also by early Christians (in place of the cross) in the early centuries AD.
Quote from Gunn :The Swastika dates back to the Aryan empire, about 1500BC, though it is thought that it may be even older. It was adopted by Buddhists around 200AD and also by early Christians (in place of the cross) in the early centuries AD.

And that has nothing to do with Daisy Duke's arse...
#33 - Gunn
Quote from nihil :And that has nothing to do with Daisy Duke's arse...

Only if you didn't read the thread. It relates to six previous posts lol.
I never caught any shit for this one. If you want it, let me know and I'll post it in the finished UF1/UFR thread.
Attached images
LFS 039 General Lee.png
I don't see any reason to get banned for this,really.But didn't they told you to put it off and never got reported with it again before they ban you?I mean it's stupid to ban you for this,and not even telling you.

Btw,it's just a flag,a simbol,nothing more.We are free man,and we have to look straight to the future and don't do the mistakes of the past wich people faught for flags and relegions.
Quote from Bean0 :It's older than the 3rd Reich stuff, something to do with Hinduism or Buddhism ?

Indeed the swastika was used by both these religions, but at a different angle (and I think slightly curved at the edges). This one symbolizied peace and harmony.
Hey!
First Sry for bumping this Thread, but i have the same question about a skin i did for the Lx6, tell me, i will be banned/Kicked for this skin?.

And i have to say that i´m scared right now.

Adolfo Herrera.
Attached images
LX8_in_LX6.jpg
Quote from Docco :I know the confederate flag and stuff can be a pretty touchy subject for a lot of americans, but The Dukes of Hazzard is a pretty rocking show. I used to watch it a lot when i was a kid so i figured a skin of the general lee would be pretty rocking, not sure how it would be recieved though?

http://img175.imageshack.us/img175/3572/genleeyx5.jpg <--pic, only done it on that car as a tester, don't know if i'm going to keep it on it.

Could I get that Skin Please. It looks good.
Quote from Bean0 :I made a pack for all cars with roofs.

Clickety

You forgot the deck flags and on some of the cars the flag on the roof isn't long enough (RB4 especially). The "01" is also too thin.

Edit: Deck flags attached if you wanna use them.
Attached images
gen-lee flags.png
3986GL[1].jpg

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG