The online racing simulator
Quote from SamH :This may indeed be true. I think the point spanky's making is that it needed to do more than just match the D300. It has to push through the boundaries of what is achievable. What Canon and Nikon invariably do, when they release a new camera - even a bottom-of-the-range consumer camera - is take the current level of for-the-price expectations for a camera of that entry-point and give them a kicking. A really GOOD kicking, more to the point.

Nikon's reputation for doing this is so set in stone, it bit them in the ass when they released the D3x. The only thing they'd improved on, over the D3, was doubling the full-frame sensor resolution to over 23Mpix. It was such an in-your-face stand-still that Nikon faced a massive boycott of the D3x.

Pentax would kill to earn that kind of boycott.

tbh I think that's what they've done with the entry-level market, with the K-x. Cheapest dSLR offering HD video, faster FPS than the D5000, expandable ISO12800, etc etc.

And of course there's this...

And all the color combos in real life:

Quote from DeadWolfBones :tbh I think that's what they've done with the entry-level market, with the K-x. Cheapest dSLR offering HD video, faster FPS than the D5000, expandable ISO12800, etc etc.

Hahahahaha I can just imagine what would happen if I showed up to a wedding with one of those
Actually, you could get better pictures because the silly colours make people laugh and smile. Big black SLRs make people scared. Wouldn't bring one to a funeral though...
Quote from Blackout :Actually, you could get better pictures because the silly colours make people laugh and smile. Big black SLRs make people scared. Wouldn't bring one to a funeral though...

If I want laughs, I just wear spandex
Two pics from today, I don't feel like posting more. Was photographing a historial enduro event(more pics found in my websites).
Attached images
_MG_0192.jpg
_MG_0067.jpg
nice colours on the second one
Tetris
Proud owner of a second hand Eos 20D since a year
Some of my pics,sorry for the 60% quality jpeg:

That's London view from Greenwich

Just some examples
Quote from DeadWolfBones :tbh I think that's what they've done with the entry-level market, with the K-x. Cheapest dSLR offering HD video, faster FPS than the D5000, expandable ISO12800, etc etc.

Some color combinations are really cool and i appreciate that.
On the other hand i thing that a shit brown body with pea green grip is NOT a good colour choice
Quote from IlGuercio :Some color combinations are really cool and i appreciate that.
On the other hand i thing that a shit brown body with pea green grip is NOT a good colour choice

Yeah, like I said some of them look like technicolor vomit, but this is definitely a good way to grab entry-level market share above and beyond the already very good feature set. Several of the color combos are already charting high on preorders @ Amazon Japan.

I hope we see them expand the color options to the rest of the world soon.
A few from Colorado on Saturday:

Pictures of dogs > Meat > No pictures of dogs... Hope they tasted nice! :P

Really like the last three.
Awesome pics. Some people have got some real good talent in this thread
Quote from Scott Mckenzie :Pictures of dogs > Meat > No pictures of dogs... Hope they tasted nice! :P

No dogs were harmed in the making of these photos!

Quote :Really like the last three.

Thanks! They didn't quite come out how I wanted them too, but the light was difficult (kind of hazy between myself and the distant mountains). Shockingly, though, the color is correct. Those mountains are called the "Sangre de Cristos," and I'm sure you can figure out why they got that name.
really nice photos dwb
would love to get to that place some day....
Quote from Don :really nice photos dwb
would love to get to that place some day....

Thanks, Don!

My cousin (sitting on the rock in the photo with the dogs) inherited 7 acres there from her father, so this was their trip up there to check it out. It's about a 2.5-3hr drive from where we live in New Mexico. Pretty amazing country.

edit: and btw, the roads there would make for absolutely amazing rally racing.
Quote from DeadWolfBones :

No dogs were harmed in the making of these photos!

Just looking at your nickname makes me worry

Quote from DeadWolfBones :A few from Colorado on Saturday:

Just a freakin awesome photo right there. The pose, the DOF, just awesome. Best of the bunch and one of the best dog photos I've seen yet.
Quote from mrodgers :Just a freakin awesome photo right there. The pose, the DOF, just awesome. Best of the bunch and one of the best dog photos I've seen yet.

A couple more, then, at the risk of overload (was very hard to pick one for the initial post):

I think I might like the last one best.
Last one is good too. But I think you made the right choice in your first post. Love how they are looking in opposite directions.

I'm a dog lover as well. I had some disturbing news from the neighbor across the road from me. He came home from work at 2 am the other morning and didn't hear anything from his 2 dogs tied out behind the house (I don't like the fact that dogs get tied out, and definitely not after this.) He found both of his dogs shredded. The Lab mix was opened up from the neck to its hind end and it's guts were laying out on the ground. The hound was in bad shape in the back end and could only attempt to pull itself along with it's front paws. They were both still alive and he had to put them down, crying like a baby as he said when he did it.

The game commission here in PA insists that there are no more natural mountain lions here since the late 1800's. My neighbor said I can call him an idiot, moron, stupid, or whatever I want, but he found a print in the dirt that looks like a BIG cat to him.

My dog likes to get tied out in the backyard in the evenings instead of laying around the house. I would bring her in for bedtime, but would often put her out just for the evening. I won't be doing that anymore.

We have coyotes, bear, and some bobcat. Coyotes certainly would attack, but I think coyotes would have eaten the dogs. I don't think a bobcat would attack a dog, tied up or otherwise. A bear could certainly open up a dog cleanly and completely with a single swipe, but a bear never would have approached the dogs. Makes me wonder as there are plenty of reports of mountain lion (cougar, puma, panther, all the same) around here, but the game commission still insists there are NO cougar in Pennsylvania.

Camera Showoff
(5560 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG