The online racing simulator
Don't know if this has already been said, cant be bothered to sift through umpty nine pages.

All we need now is the great English weather to go with the great English track =D
Quote from jakeeatworld :All we need now is the great English weather to go with the great English track =D

I like your way of thinking.
+1
Quote from jakeeatworld :Don't know if this has already been said, cant be bothered to sift through umpty nine pages.

All we need now is the great English weather to go with the great English track =D

They would need to include a boat first.
we have the RAC so it's k
Thought I'd add this seeing as its relatively on topic. Oopsie, indecently large pic.

Attached images
Rockingham_Panorama.jpg
Doesn't this track kinda remond you of Kyoto? I mean obviously they're not the same, but there are some similarities.
darmmit really fast replies
but anywayz this seems niice and i cant wait
Quote from shiny_red_cobra :Doesn't this track kinda remond you of Kyoto? I mean obviously they're not the same, but there are some similarities.

They're both ovals with infield circuits, thats about it. Its a safe bet Rockingham will be quite a bit slower than Kyoto, good IMO.

And no, Rock dosen't have a kink in the front straight, the panorama makes it look that way.
Any chance of Rockingham oval? At first i thought it was the USA nascar track... but kinda funny theres a rockingham oval track in UK too.
Quote from shiny_red_cobra :Doesn't this track kinda remond you of Kyoto? I mean obviously they're not the same, but there are some similarities.

What? except they both have an oval?

They are nothing similiar, Kyoto has parts outside the oval, rockingham doesn't.

Plus Kyoto is much wider and faster.
Quote from boothy :Watch last year's BTCC race 3, it bucketed with rain right before the start, and it was great action, look at them hang on through turn 1!

Wow, impressive vid. That onboard towards the end was unreal, absolutley no visibilty!
wow great news!
goos stuff First real track hmm.
the whole UK portfolio would be an excellent start.
are there requirement updates?
and action from this year. go herbert..

stupid giovanni (sp?) dive bomb

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uPAhZM_jzTQ

ok now stop promoting btcc xD

but from this it does look like a few overtaking oppertunities. mainly turn 1 and right turn before back str8 / chicane end
Quote from JJ72 :What? except they both have an oval?

They are nothing similiar, Kyoto has parts outside the oval, rockingham doesn't.

Plus Kyoto is much wider and faster.

Ok, Kyoto has parts outside, Rockingham doesn't, so there's nothing similar? They're ovals, both have almost flat variants inside, both are speedways and not super speedways, both have large pitlane areas... there ARE similarities...

I think sometimes you guys get extreme opinions just to be in the opposite side of the idea...
Quote from PedraumF :Ok, Kyoto has parts outside, Rockingham doesn't, so there's nothing similar? They're ovals, both have almost flat variants inside, both are speedways and not super speedways, both have large pitlane areas... there ARE similarities...

I think sometimes you guys get extreme opinions just to be in the opposite side of the idea...

Just skipping the obvious, you might just go and say they are both laid with tarmac, both mostly grey, and both have left and right turns.

Try driving it in rfactor, the infield is hardly flat, there are a lot of crests and camber, the track overall is a lot slower as well, and it will have the first proper hairpin in LFS.

(I don't know why you even includes "large pitland areas", pretty much explains that similiarity ends with the oval tbh.)
Was looking at the hi-res photo pack and tbh who ever took them needs to know how to make good photos cause there is no visible sign off AA/AF used at all plus the quality is crap for showing off a real track which is a very big deal for lfs, anyone know who took the photo's?
NICE!! Great news Scawen!

I hope 2 thing

1) "Short" time to release
2) Low prices. (In my country is hard get dollars)

Again. A big step to LFS!
Yay ! New tracks for LFS.

Yay ! New cars for LFS

Yay ! New T-Shirts for LFS.

Yay ! I appear to be several hours behind the news from everyone else

Yay ! The Titanic just set sail from Southampton, on-route for the New World, should be a pleasant journey...
Quote from JJ72 :Just skipping the obvious, you might just go and say they are both laid with tarmac, both mostly grey, and both have left and right turns.

Try driving it in rfactor, the infield is hardly flat, there are a lot of crests and camber, the track overall is a lot slower as well, and it will have the first proper hairpin in LFS.

(I don't know why you even includes "large pitland areas", pretty much explains that similiarity ends with the oval tbh.)

Still, they're similar in a load of aspects, not only in appearance and obvious aspects... You could compare to Laguna Seca, Daytona, La Sarthe, Potrero de los Funes, Westhill, Trial Mountain and Toban, then they wouldn't be similar...
Quote from Bmxtwins :Any chance of Rockingham oval? At first i thought it was the USA nascar track... but kinda funny theres a rockingham oval track in UK too.

Rockingham will include all layouts except the rally stage. Which means the oval will be included too. Which also means that LFS will finally have a proper oval.

Quote from JJ72 :Just skipping the obvious, you might just go and say they are both laid with tarmac, both mostly grey, and both have left and right turns.

I agree, Kyoto would theoretically be much faster compared to the rock in LFS. Even oval wise the rock would be slower than the kyoto.

Quote from PedraumF :Still, they're similar in a load of aspects, not only in appearance and obvious aspects... You could compare to Laguna Seca, Daytona, La Sarthe, Potrero de los Funes, Westhill, Trial Mountain and Toban, then they wouldn't be similar...

If you were comparing the Talladega infield circuit with the Daytona infield circuit then in that it is almost identical. Just because a lot of the Rock is a roval doesn't mean it has to be character less. It's much slower (even oval wise) and it has a lot of elevation and crests. (Unless rFactor is completely inaccurate)
i just had multiple orgasms....

Thanks A Lot SCAVIER!
really great news!
Is it finished yet?

What about now?

Is it now?

What about...

...now?

Rockingham coming to LFS
(1238 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG