The online racing simulator
Formula 1 to be shocked?
(312 posts, started )
anyone else see it in the paper that button and brawn can't agree on his fee for next season ? button, given brawn's success feels that he should at least get paid what he should have earned this year before he took a voluntary pay cut or more if he wins the drivers championship, brawn only wants to continue paying him the current fee of £3 million
So is there more to it than "waaah ima lose a coupla grand off £3m waaah"?
well if i'm right, If he wins the championship he is gonna be worth like at least 8m, at least!
Considering Kimi gets something between 40 and 50million $(49 in the last report i read) and many others go well over 10million ...a ruling WC only getting 3-8 would seem a bit offbeat no?
I don't understand, Kimi hated the coporate style of mclaren.

But probably as long as the car is fast he doesn't care too much.
-
(deggis) DELETED by deggis
Ron Dennis - check
Flavio Briatore - check
Luca Montezemolo -

Wonder who's next in the firing line? All very odd dontya think
I don't get it... they are disqualified from this season (constructor points?) and their ban is "suspended" for two years? So they can participate in the next two years? I understand english pretty well but can't understand this clearly..
"If you ever do that again you'll really get the last warning from us"....
I misunderstood it first too... now it is not shocking at all. But I guess this is fair if/since only the named persons were ringmasters and banning team would be like shooting own foot in times when teams are quitting for economic reasons.
Quote from Intrepid :Ron Dennis - check
Flavio Briatore - check
Luca Montezemolo -

No, it's only you who is thinking that.

Go see a doctor, I really think you're paranoid.
Flavio Briatore - check
Luca Montezemolo -

Depends if you like to wear a tin foil hat I suppose.
So Flavio will be out of motoracing forever.

Doesn't bother him much tbh, to him it's always just a business, he ain't interested in the racing.

Shame about Pat though.
Quote from Mackie The Staggie :Depends if you like to wear a tin foil hat I suppose.

That's what a lot of people said about the 'Renault fixed Singapore' brigade just after the race!

In my opinion what we've seen with McLaren, and Renault over the last year or so is a gross over-reaction. We've seen the teams stay, but key personal who happen to not be the biggest bum buddies with certain members of an organisation leave or banned.

Stuff like this happens all the time in motorsport, and only now have we seen it blown up into this huge shit storm.
Quote from JJ72 :So Flavio will be out of motoracing forever.

And he can stick to watching motor racing on tv. "It also hereby instructs all officials present at FIA-sanctioned events not to permit Mr. Briatore access to any areas under the FIA's jurisdiction."
Quote from Intrepid :That's what a lot of people said about the 'Renault fixed Singapore' brigade just after the race!

In my opinion what we've seen with McLaren, and Renault over the last year or so is a gross over-reaction. We've seen the teams stay, but key personal who happen to not be the biggest bum buddies with certain members of an organisation leave or banned.

Stuff like this happens all the time in motorsport, and only now have we seen it blown up into this huge shit storm.

I see what you are saying, but just becasue it happened before, does not make it right. You cant honestly say it is ok for a driver to, on purpose, drive into a wall.

As for Ron Dennis, I may be missing something but that was a personal choice from himself...he stayed on to deal with the "spygate" issue but was originally planning to leave before that so I don't see how that works into the "grassy knoll" theory
Flavio Briatore - check
Luca Montezemolo -

Only a fool would mess with Luca Montezemolo. The guy is far more powerful than Ron Dennis or Flavio Briatore, by several orders of magnitude. He's also a few levels above Max Mosley and Bernie Ecclestone in business and political arenas too.
Renault will quit anyway
Flavour Flav could just go to America.

But remember hes just a businessman really, not a racer, so he'll just probrably go on to pastures new, or retire.

Besides, Prost to replace Flav?...

http://www.f1technical.net/news/13366

The man dosen't have an amazing team record, just because hes a racer doesn't mean he will be an effective manager.
Quote from 5haz :But remember hes just a businessman really, not a racer, so he'll just probrably go on to pastures new, or retire.

I read somewhere he saw his first F1 race as team manager of Benetton, and reputedly was never interested in motor racing before getting the job and is not interested in anything technical.

Call him an idiot if you will, but Flavio has been right about a lot of things, when it comes down to it what we want to see is great racing and not which team has the best aerodynamic package, and I agree with him on that.

He'll go back off into big business or the Gambino Mafia family that he previously worked for, where cheating is standard practice.
Quote from Becky Rose :
Call him an idiot if you will, but Flavio has been right about a lot of things, when it comes down to it what we want to see is great racing and not which team has the best aerodynamic package, and I agree with him on that.

But isn't that what F1 is - a technical race. It has never been about 'racing on the track'. The WDC has always been an illusion, a show to keep he media and fans happy.

You can't create good racing. racing just happens, and if your lucky the vehicles you race suit it (MotoGP/Karts/Touring Cars). You can't have technical innovation and avoid dominant cars or other things like that.

the day F1 loses it's core philosophy (which it kinda is) the day it becomes 'just another race series' like A1GP etc...
Quote from Becky Rose :I read somewhere he saw his first F1 race as team manager of Benetton, and reputedly was never interested in motor racing before getting the job and is not interested in anything technical.

He'll go back off into big business or the Gambino Mafia family that he previously worked for, where cheating is standard practice.

Yeah, he was working in the American department of Benetton and then they moved him to the F1 team.

And yeah, his background is a bit shady.

Formula 1 to be shocked?
(312 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG